The mission of the Hancock Wildlife Foundation is to promote the conservation of wildlife and its habitats through science, education, and stewardship.
The Hancock Wildlife Foundation, HWF, has been initiated to install and coordinate the different LIVE WILDLIFE CAMS and develop various educational and scientific projects from the opportunities presented by the CAMS. David Hancock, biologist, film maker, writer and publisher, has seen the opportunities offered by the CAM projects as so important to conservation, education and research that he has brought together a group of advisors, who became the board of directors of the Foundation.
HWF Supported Lectures for the Public
David Hancock, biologist and founder of the HWF, is the frequent speaker at conservation conferences, bird festivals etc. He is available for speaking engagements with fine illustrated talks. .BIOGRAPHY OF DAVID HANCOCK.
- Bald Eagles: their Biology, comeback & current threats
- The Role of Wildlife CAMs in Science & Education
- Whales of the North Pacific - the Good & the Bad
- Indian Art & Culture of the Pacific Northwest.
- other topics of developing environmental interest
- Raptor Research Foundation: Missoula MT
- Chilkat Bald Eagle Festival: Haines AK
- Fraser River Bald Eagle Festival: Mission BC
- Eagle Expo: Morgan City LA
- Wings Over Water Festival: Blaine, WA
- Brackendale Eagle Fest: Brackendale/Squamish BC
As experience and funding permit, the Foundation is undertaking school and public education projects, particularly those that encourage local community organizations and individuals to get involved, to become active in the care of local rivers, forests and beach and water preservation. Without a lot more care, without a lot more concerned stewards, the fast escalating environmental losses, will become catastrophic. .READ MORE.