Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 Things That Don't Work (the way we think they should)
 |  Printable Version
By: terrytvgal (offline) on Friday, January 08 2010 @ 12:07 AM EST  
terrytvgal

This is the way I set up my screen for posting observations... it is easy to type because the full width of the posting window is available and I can easily access multiple tabs as I watch.Also I can handily access other applications on my computer.. I have never quite figured out how to set things up when they are side-by-side.

I'd love to see how others set things up.

Click on image to download

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, January 08 2010 @ 10:14 AM EST  
jkr

You mean something like this ? This way I can post and read the forum at the same time I watch the cams.
Sometimes I also open 4 or more cams across the top. Put me down as quirky. I change my configuration day to day to suit my moods. :giggle:

Forum

Cranbrook, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, January 08 2010 @ 12:03 PM EST  
JudyB

I usually keep the cams on the right side. This is my office computer, and the screen resolution is set quite high so I have room for cams and my work. Smile I do like the mini-cams, though if there was a lot of activity at Delta I might have a larger window minimized so I can click play for full size to get more detailed s'caps. The RealPlayer window is floating so I cam move it out of the way if the eagles arrive at the Maine nest - it's showing the Dunedin osprey, who laid their first egg at the end of December - little chicks early next month if all goes well! Grin

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, January 08 2010 @ 12:42 PM EST  
JudyB

I'm not sure if this is the right place to mention this - maybe it needs to be added to a tutorial?

I currently have my preferences set so I get an email if someone sends me a PM - and I got an email saying I'd received a PM, and who it was from and what the subject was. When I went to check my PMs, it wasn't there - which is fine, because I'm assuming they found the answer after they PM'd me.

But it may be useful for members to know that even though they can delete a PM after they've sent it, as long as the recipient hasn't opened it - it's possible that even if they delete it, the recipient will know something was sent and then deleted.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Friday, January 08 2010 @ 01:21 PM EST  
Pat B

Quote by: JudyB

I'm not sure if this is the right place to mention this - maybe it needs to be added to a tutorial?

I currently have my preferences set so I get an email if someone sends me a PM - and I got an email saying I'd received a PM, and who it was from and what the subject was. When I went to check my PMs, it wasn't there - which is fine, because I'm assuming they found the answer after they PM'd me.

But it may be useful for members to know that even though they can delete a PM after they've sent it, as long as the recipient hasn't opened it - it's possible that even if they delete it, the recipient will know something was sent and then deleted.

That was probably me then!
It's a bit like the present forum - one gets the annoying message that someone pm'd you - but deleted their post!!

Perhaps we could start the habit of editing the pm - deleting the contents and leaving a message that its all sorted now!! Grin

I'll mention that in a "How to" I'm doing Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, January 08 2010 @ 01:31 PM EST  
JudyB

It was yours, Pat - and unlike the current forum, there was no trace of it in my Message Center - so in many cases if someone deletes a post, no one will ever know. I'm unlikely to leave the email notification on once this forum gets busier - but do find it useful now.

Thanks for adding it to the tutorial!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 08:51 AM EST  
Pat B

The symbol for 'Sticky Topic' has the same background colouring as a topic with a new post!
It is a constant source of irritation as I go looking for the new post - but there isn't one!!
Is there any way of changing this?
All the other topics without posts are blue!

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM EST  
JudyB

Richard says this is easy - how would this be for a sticky with no new posts?

(This is what it looks like if there are new posts)

I've no clue what to do with it - but am guessing either Richard can tell me, or I can email it to him if you think it will work.

By the way - Richard is working with colors and such today, so please don't be alarmed if the forum looks a bit odd from time to time! Titter

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:06 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate