Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2016 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, December 05 2015 @ 03:07 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Sad Disappointing news to report this morning friends...

It appears that Liberty & Spirit are indeed building an alternate nest Sad

The good news is that it is still in the nesting territory & we will still be able to follow them closely through pics & videos. Sadly our 2 new eaglecams will not be able to be moved at this point in the nesting season.

This same thing happened some years ago after we had installed a better cam & the Eagles moved over 1 tree to a new nest! The Ground Crew kept everyone informed & we survived that year as we will this year!

I'm trying to stay positive & remember that at least our Eagles are healthy & doing their nestorations in time for egg laying in February!
Life is good!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, December 05 2015 @ 04:49 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Quote by: eaglewoman

Sad Disappointing news to report this morning friends...

It appears that Liberty & Spirit are indeed building an alternate nest Sad

The good news is that it is still in the nesting territory & we will still be able to follow them closely through pics & videos. Sadly our 2 new eaglecams will not be able to be moved at this point in the nesting season.

This same thing happened some years ago after we had installed a better cam & the Eagles moved over 1 tree to a new nest! The Ground Crew kept everyone informed & we survived that year as we will this year!

I'm trying to stay positive & remember that at least our Eagles are healthy & doing their nestorations in time for egg laying in February!
Life is good!

OMG! Terri I am so sad to hear thisBig hugs and like you said..they are still in the territory and we will all look forward to all your pictures and videos..and it wonderful Liberty and Spirit are healthy and hopefully will have some precious chicks for us all to see......love

Big hugs to you Terri and to who love and follow this nest.hug

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Saturday, December 05 2015 @ 07:18 PM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Hi Turtle Bay friends.....

I am glad/grateful/pleased that Liberty and Spirit are still in the vicinity.....and that videos and pictures will tell the story. You never know they could change their minds, probably not,
but they are definitely in charge here.

It's a blessing to have all of you faithful folks watching this wonderful pair. Smile
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, December 05 2015 @ 07:59 PM EST  
Jean

4:55pm............ wave Hello Terri, Bev, Carolyn and all TB friends! Yes, it is disappointing for sure to know that another nest is being constructed by our beloved pair! But eagles do have minds of their own and the most important thing is that they are well, making decisions as they will, living free and healthy lives and will likely go on to raise a family even it isn't right before our eyes. Our ground observers will be busy for sure............nothing will keep them from watching Liberty and Spirit. So we will continue to look for reports from our ground crew as things progress here. It is quite possible we will see Liberty and Spirit from time to time in the old nest..............it is still their territory and they will continue to guard it from others.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, December 05 2015 @ 08:37 PM EST  
JudyB

Ahh Sad - I had wondered since we've seen so little of them since the cams came on. And it's good to know that it looks as if they are planning to nest, rather than take a year off - but it would be even nicer if we could watch on these wonderful new cams. As carolyn said - sometimes they build an alternate nest then decide they prefer their original nest - but that's very much a long shot, I'm afraid.

Big hugs to you, Terri, and to all who love these eagles. hug

And thank you all in advance for all the great pictures I know you'll be sharing over the coming months! love

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, December 05 2015 @ 08:39 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Thank You for your kind words and encouragement Bev, Carolyn & Jean

That's a great point Jean,that they could still drop in to their old nest from time to time!

And as Bobby("Skipper"Wink shared with me, the young ones from the Sydney nest often visited their old nest, so that could happen here as well!

At one of the nests we watch, south of Redding, the adults often used their old nest to eat their prey. It was a nice flat spot to do that in, so let's hope we do get some drop-ins here, too!Bravo

I was thinking that Spirit has never built his own nest yet, so perhaps his Teacher, Miss Liberty thought it was time for him to learn this lesson? She is such a good Teacher & young Spirit still has many lessons to learn!

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, December 05 2015 @ 08:42 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Yolande (offline) on Saturday, December 05 2015 @ 08:52 PM EST  
Yolande

Hi all - I just read the disappointing news, and isn't that just 'the way'? The eagles are in charge, and they will do what they will do. Along with the rest of you, I hope we'll see them in the old nest - if even to take a break from nest duty at the new one. fingers crossed

And, we'll always look forward to your wonderful snaps, and the great coverage you provide from the ground!

Thanks Terri, Kit, and all the terrific friends of these eagles who have made, and continue to make, such a commitment to documenting their activites and events - looking forward to a very successful nesting season for Liberty and Spirit!

Thank You

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:12 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate