Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Problems After Logging In ?
 |  Printable Version
By: BBE (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 09:34 PM EST  
BBE

Quote by: PEB

Quote by: BBE

Re: being 'remembered for 1 month'

I have 'Remember me for' set as 1 month - but am having to sign-in every day ? Anyone have an answer - thanks.

Have you bookmarked your site AFTER logging in? - And you are not logging out - are you?
simple questions - which could be irritating - but will help us narrow it down!! Grin

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Hi PEB,

I always use the top right X to get off the Forum.

I have bookmarked my 'Account Settings'. I X'd out and come back x 2 in past hour. Using my bookmarked 'Account Settings' - I am being remembered. Grin Left thumb up

Thank You JudyB, jkr and PEB - my assorted concerns have been addressed. Onward and upward.

PS to RobertIA - after 30 days - you will have to log in again and set 'Remember Me' again.

BBE
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
by Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Forum

Nr. Vancouver, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 11:27 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

Quote by: jkr

Quote by: AnniesKatz

I tried deleting one of my posts and couldn't find the delete button. I thought I had followed the instructions but I guess I just don't get it Whistling Please help!

My suggestion would be to edit your thread and write DELETE on it and one of the Forum Assistants can delete it for you.

Ok, thank you very much Judy; I will do that. I'm sure this isn't the last post I may want to delete so I still need to learn how to do it. It was easy on the old forum.

Also, a lot of people, including me, are having trouble with our posts jumping when we change something in the post such as making a name bold. I've been hitting the space bar which puts it back where I was typing but that's a hassle too. Any thoughts?

Annie ~ 2009

Eggs Laid: 03/16-03/0319-03/22

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 12:21 AM EST  
yalitldevl

Hi Everybody

For the most part we on EA are moving ahead swimmingly with our issues, just a few left.

This one is small but largely annoying. On the old forum when you clicked on a smilie it automatically inserted itself one space from the last word. Here it is inserting itself right beside (on top of almost) the last word so when you submit it, it's leaning on the word. You need to manually seperate it with the spacebar. Can that be fixed?

The only other thing I noticed tonight was when I went up to Media Gallery the drop-down menu is linked to Sidney 2009 Album could someone please link it to the Sidney 2010 Album

Thanks much for that and thanks for all the great ongoing work. We are seeing the improvements all the time love

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 02:13 AM EST  
nightowl

Hi Lori! wave

The developers of this software apparently didn't think to include an automatic space between smilies and text. Unless they include it in the next release (and we upgrade to it) it looks like we're stuck trying to remember to put our own space in between.

It is a pain trying to remember when we've never had to worry about it before. BTW, I forget and my smilies are always bumping into the text. Titter

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 02:20 AM EST  
terrytvgal

Quote by: nightowl

Hi Lori! wave

The developers of this software apparently didn't think to include an automatic space between smilies and text. Unless they include it in the next release (and we upgrade to it) it looks like we're stuck trying to remember to put our own space in between.

It is a pain trying to remember when we've never had to worry about it before. BTW, I forget and my smilies are always bumping into the text. Titter

maybe that's one of the blessings of being a lousy typist. I am so used to always having to go back over what I type for missing spaces or spaces where they don't belong, I hadn't even noticed that problem until I saw it mentioned. Faint

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: BBE (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 03:35 AM EST  
BBE

Me again, thank you all for your help, humour and quick responses.

Velma F. mentioned knowing what various systems folks are using. A good idea; so here are my specs:

1. PC with Vista (awaiting my free upgrade to Windows 7)
  2. Internet Explorer 7 (which I will upgrade to 8 when I receive my Windows 7)
Yet another question. I have a 21 or 22 " screen. Even with my screen for here open to the max; when editing a post I do not see all of the scroll bar ??

Click on image to download

Make that two questions Titter ~ At some point will we be able to see who is on-line ?

Thank you and Good night

BBE
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
by Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Forum

Nr. Vancouver, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 08:00 AM EST  
jkr

Quote by: BBE

Make that two questions Titter ~ At some point will we be able to see who is on-line ?

Thank you and Good night

Ann I haven't run across an issue with the scroll bar.

Your second question I can answer . At the very bottom of the page, on the left, you can see who's signed in if they have chosen to reveal themselves.
Everyone else shows as a Guest.

As for where people are posting, there's no way to know, unfortunately. I much preferred the old forum layout where we could see what area of the forum people were posting in.

Forum

Cranbrook, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 09:27 AM EST  
yalitldevl

Thank you so much for the answer nightowl. I forget too and have to go back and edit and add the space. You know…that good ole ‘has to look right’ disease. Titter I guess we hope then that they upgrade later and we get the upgrade. You’re doing an awesome job! love

Haha Terry there’s the inevitable silver lining to your typing skills

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:04 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate