Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > Lafarge Vancouver BC - Bald Eagle Nest
 Lafarge - Reports from the Area
 |  Printable Version
By: Bob D. (offline) on Saturday, March 03 2012 @ 07:52 PM EST  
Bob D.

Hi everyone...Mom was sitting low in her nest today...she's up on a branch right now with Pa looking at her from above. I haven't seen any hanky panky so far this year but we all know how well this pair does....I 'll keep a close watch for the next few days maybe she's getting ready to lay. Lots of plastic intertwined in this nest...out for now....bd.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: sandra gee (offline) on Saturday, March 03 2012 @ 07:58 PM EST  
sandra gee

Quote by: terrytvgal

Quote by: gemini

Mom joins Dad on the AN rail

They sat together for about 5 minutes

I LOVE the shot in the 3rd photo with them side-by-side in profile. Very Happy Cheers

Ohhhh Boy!!!!! so do I, a great capture Thank You

BobD, thanks for keeping a eye on them. I haven`t been around much lately and when Mom was laying in the nest bowl for a while I was wondering if she had an egg under her, but alas, not yet sigh sign, soon though I`m sure.

Sandra, Nanaimo BC
Member since Spring, 2006
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"
Song for Sean, John Lennon

Forum

Nanaimo, B.C. Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Sunday, March 04 2012 @ 09:16 AM EST  
vickrb

GEMINI What lovely pictures of Mom and Dad!! You were certainly in the right spot at the right time. They togetherness sure shows through here. Maybe there will soon be action in the nest. I wished I was up there to share it with you this year, but guess it has to wait until next season.

Keep the pictures coming though so I can keep in touch with what's happening. You folks taking pictures are like my lifeline to these fabulous birds. The Eagles are what constantly remind me how wonderful Canada is and although I may be in Paradise now, I look forward more and more to getting back to reality.

LOVE the Avatars, so "cat like" and just look at who is really growing up into a beautiful pet - give Cali my hugs.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Bob D. (offline) on Saturday, March 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM EST  
Bob D.

Hi all...I'm watching the male shore up the nest this am and have noticed that a large portion of the nest has dropped from underneath the main nest. It's still in the fork of the tree but it's not providing the same support....I haven't seen any hanky panky yet either...I think it .wasn't until the end of March last year.
At the end of this March I am moving to North Vancouver...I have signed a lease renting my loft here. I'll try and get my tenant to send in a report every now and then...I intend to move back here in a year or a bit...capital gains etc...I'll miss watching this pair of birds.

Anyways, I'll be in the hood a fairly often as I'm still on council so I hope to continue my ground reports from time to time and for SPES...I'll watch the nest as they re-enforce/repair it and be back to everyone....out for now...bd.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: urban Eagle (offline) on Saturday, March 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM EST  
urban Eagle

waveFriends of these Eagles,

Sharon, some great pic's me thinks some one got a new camera and lens for xmasChin
I stoped by after strath for my 4th nest on rounds . Found one on the nest,but no sign of there mate ,finished my fish fillet and went to Hast.For nest No. 5fingers crossed 4/4
Click on image to download

LSitting eagle

May the Sun be at your back,and an Eagle in front of your lens.
Forum

Port Moody

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini (offline) on Wednesday, March 14 2012 @ 04:46 AM EDT  
gemini

Stopped by the nest earlier this evening here's a few pics:

6:46 pm

6:47 pm

6:47 pm

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Bob D. (offline) on Thursday, March 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM EDT  
Bob D.

a good stiff breeze has picked up from the ssw...so maybe they're in for a long night...ones out on the barge pillar taking a break...the Inlet is getting pretty grey now and it looks like another front is coming in....and another... out...bd.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Shrub (offline) on Thursday, May 24 2012 @ 10:37 PM EDT  
Shrub

Hello Everyone,
My husband and I had the pleasure of doing a nest tour with Larry and Dawn this past Sunday morning, and this nest was one of our many stops.
I took a few pics, but with the weather starting to turn, they turned out really grainy. This one is the best one I have. I cropped it so that the adult and little ones are visible.
It's easy to make out two little ones. I'm not sure if the little grey puff in front of little one on the left side is the third sibling or not.
We'll probably take a drive by this nest again this weekend, being that the weather is supposed to be nice. Hopefully I'll be able to get a better picture of this awesome nest.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:52 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate