Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 Daily Beat
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Wind Rider () on Thursday, January 26 2012 @ 09:49 AM EST  
Anonymous: Wind Rider

The Conceptual Mind

This is a bit different, there are numerals for letters; yet, the mind reads it.
Let's see how many lines you'd go before you get the hang of it and start really reading. Try it!

7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5! 1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7 N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3 Y0UR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY W17H 0U7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17, B3 PROUD! 0NLY C3R741N P30PL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.
PL3453 F0RW4RD 1F U C4N R34D 7H13

I CAN READ IT...........

By: Anonymous: Wind Rider () on Thursday, January 26 2012 @ 10:01 AM EST  
Anonymous: Wind Rider

How Old is Grandma?

Stay with this -- the answer is at the end. It will blow you away.
One evening a grandson was talking to his grandmother about current events.
The grandson asked his grandmother what she thought about the shootings at schools, the computer age, and just things in general..
The Grandmother replied, "Well, let me think a minute, I was born before:
' television ' penicillin
' polio shots
' frozen foods
' Xerox
' contact lenses
' Frisbee s and
' the pill
There were no:
' credit cards
' laser beams or
' ball-point pens
Man had not invented:
' pantyhose
' air conditioners
' dishwashers
' clothes dryers ' and the clothes were hung out to dry in the fresh air and
' man hadn't yet walked on the moon
Your Grandfather and I got married first, .. .... ... and then lived together..
Every family had a father and a mother.
Until I was 25, I called every man older than me, "Sir"..
And after I turned 25, I still called policemen and every man with a title, "Sir."
We were before gay-rights, computer- dating, dual careers, daycare centers, and group therapy.
Our lives were governed by the Ten Commandments, good judgment, and common sense.
We were taught to know the difference between right and wrong and to stand up and take responsibility for our actions.
Serving your country was a privilege; living in this country was a bigger privilege...
We thought fast food was what people ate during Lent.
Having a meaningful relationship meant getting along with your cousins.
Draft dodgers were those who closed front doors as the evening breeze started.
Time-sharing meant time the family spent together in the evenings and weekends-not purchasing condominiums.
We never heard of FM radios, tape decks, CD's, electric typewriters, yogurt, or guys wearing earrings.
We listened to Big Bands, Jack Benny, and the President's speeches on our radios.
And I don't ever remember any kid blowing his brains out listening to Tommy Dorsey.
If you saw anything with 'Made in Japan ' on it, it was junk The term 'making out' referred to how you did on your school exam....
Pizza Hut, Mc Don ald's, and instant coffee were unheard of.
We had 5 &10-cent stores where you could actually buy things for 5 and 10 cents.
Ice-cream cones, phone calls, rides on a streetcar, and a Pepsi were all a nickel.
And if you didn't want to splurge, you could spend your nickel on enough stamps to mail 1 letterand 2 postcards.
You could buy a new Ford Coupe for $600, . .. . but who could afford one?
Too bad, because gas was 11 cents a gallon.
In my day:
' "grass" was mowed,
' "coke" was a cold drink,
' "pot" was something your mother cooked in and
' "rock music" was your grandmother's lullaby.
' "Aids" were helpers in the Principal's office,
' "chip" meant a piece of wood,
' "hardware" was found in a hardware store and
' "software" wasn't even a word.
And we were the last generation to actually believe that a lady needed a husband to have a baby.
No wonder people call us "old and confused" and say there is a generation gap.
How old do you think I am?
I bet you have this old lady in mind....you are in for a shock!
Read on to see -- pretty scary if you think about it and pretty sad at the same time.
Are you ready ?????

This woman would be only 59 years old!!!

By: Grubby (offline) on Thursday, January 26 2012 @ 10:06 AM EST  
Grubby

Hello Ladies....

I know it's been a while since I have posted. I have to admit I have been busy with Jewel the black bear who gave birth this pat Sunday to 2 cubs. One on them is a ... 'screamer' to say the least!! They sound like real human babies. I will post a few video links for you to view. Jewel is 3 yrs old and this is her first litter. She is part of the bear family of Shadow who is 25 yrs old. Jewel is also the little sister of Lily the black bear.Lily is 5 yrs old. I think you may have heard of Lily... maybe?

Elaine... how uch snow do y ou have over there? We have NOTHING! We are very behind in our snow totals for the season. We have been getting up into the 40's and as high as 51. It has been an up and down temp thing as I'm sure you might be getting the same. We also had some temps in the teens for a few days too. But you probably have gotten more snow than us here. I hope you are well. and the family and fur kids too!

Cindy... Oh My! gee... your part of the country has been getting clobbered with everything! I am sorry to hear you had so many days without power. We had a water main break here last week and our water was so dirty all day it left sand in the bottom of hte tub and sinks. It took a long while to clear it up. I told Dennis that I'm rather be without water for a day or so that without power! We are so spoiled aren't we? I hope things stay calm for you in the future. How are the twins? Hope you are well too!

Mary... how did you servive the storms in TX? This weather has been crazy! Hope you are safe.

Jan... miss you!! what's up? do you use the 'computer' the kids got you? would love to hear from you and how is the house coming along?

Sandi... my yellow lab, Jackson can tell when a storm is on the way even if the sky is still blue! Only thing is is hard to hold a shaking 100 lbs dog!!! but I still try.

I will go find the bear links to post for you in a few minutes...
Take Care!!!!

I know I have posted this pic before but I love it!!! baby ostrich
Click on image to download

"Leave yesterday behind...Let HOPE guide you to a sunny tomorrow"
Diane~~~~Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Grubby (offline) on Thursday, January 26 2012 @ 10:09 AM EST  
Grubby

here is the video of Jewel giving birth.
About 2 mins into the video you will get a look at the cub that is just a few minutes old.
Then about 4:50 into the video Jewel give birth to cub #2. they were born about 1 hr. 15 mins. apart.. (about that time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eognFId4gFM

this video is 2 days later........... you have to look closely to see their tiny bodies clinging to Jewel and their tiny feet.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bearstudy

hope they work!!!!! on the 2nd video you will want your sound turned down some. the one cub is nursing... you cna hear it sucking and the one is SCREAMING!

Diane~~~~Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Friday, January 27 2012 @ 01:21 AM EST  
MaryF

:hello: everybody...I haven't deserted you but boy am I busy!! Besides watching as many as 6 nests at a time and switching them to others and s'caping and posting...yesterday I had to take the time to fix my email. I was HACKED!!! No virus but somebody started to use my email to sent out oodles of spam emails I had to work with Hotmail for quite a while to get my email recovered and protected and then writing to the folks in my address boook to let them know what happened....what a mess!!!

We had about 4 inches of rain here and a lot of it just ran off because the ground is so hard and packed from the drought. They had a lot of flooding up Dallas way but not here--just in our low water crossings. We did have one small tornado hit a few homes on the other side of town but nobody hurt. Several homes were struck by lightening and burned. Mostly it was the VERY loud booming thunder and fantastic display of lightening that was scary and pretty much kept me up all night!

Cindy...I sure am hoping that you feel better!!! Can't wait for your pics!

Elaine and Diane...the Mich winter weather this year has been really strange! Dad says they have had almost no snow up at the lake and it hasn't frozen over!! Nobody can even remember when that happened. Usually trucks, cars , snowmobiles, and fishing shacks are all over the lake by this time! Diane--I have always loved that goofy ostrich picture...it makes me smile!!

Jan....GIRL...where the heck are you?? What have you been up to??

:hello: vicki....I have seen her over on one of the eagle threads...she is having computer connection problems.

Sandi...LOVE all your stuff!!

AKA purpleagle

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Friday, January 27 2012 @ 08:19 AM EST  
elainemyrkle

Good Morning Everyone, :hello:

Gosh, this week has flown by. We've still been pretty busy at work. Roll eyes

Jan~~~I pray that all is well with you and am looking forward to hearing from you. We've all missed you.

Cindy~~~I hope you as well as your weather is improving.

Sandi~~~You have me laughing again with those funny pictures.

Vicki~~~I'm sorry to hear you are having computer problems.

Mary~~~It's so good to hear from you. This Michigan weather has really been weird this year.

Diane~~~Oh, those little bears do sound like human babies. Poor mom, looks like she's so tired. We haven't had the snow like other years. Not really bad at all. I do hear we are expected to get some this week-end.

Well, I really need to get back to work. Wishing everyone a happy and safe week-end.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Grubby (offline) on Friday, January 27 2012 @ 11:33 AM EST  
Grubby

:hello:

Hi Ladies... thought you all would enjoy this!
I sure did!!!!!
This is wonderful and a delight to watch!
it is 12 mins. long so make sure you have a few minutes to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEfotdZC ... ata_player

Diane~~~~Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Friday, January 27 2012 @ 03:22 PM EST  
vickrb

HEY EVERYONE HOW ARE THING??

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I have been able to read and stay caught up most of the time. How are all my friends, their families, their kids and their furry children? Pictures have been wonderful to see.

I have been busy with just enjoying my new home, work has been good, but really really busy. I have my boss of 8 years leaving in March and a new one starting who is replacing him on 1st February, so have had plenty extra to do to get the new boss set up. It is a woman and she is from St. Vincent, so don't know her at all. I can only hope she is good and can leave me to get on with what I do. My contract with Government is up the end of September so I will be leaving the Island in October and returning to Canada. I am quite excited now that I have resigned my self that this is the right thing to do. I am really ready to get off the rock and back into open country.

Munchins is better than all the rest of us put together. He will of course cometo Canada with me. He might have to lend me some of his fur coat to keep me warm though. He will be a great "hot water bottle" I am sure.

I have been hanging out at the Sequoyah nest and really enjoying the two new babies and one still hatching to make 3. What beautiful little black eyed beauties they are.

you are all in my thoughts and prayers, and I always wonder how the fur-kids are doing.

Here is on of the "kid" of mine.
Click on image to download

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:48 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate