Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Apple User Support
 |  Printable Version
By: sunshinecoast (offline) on Saturday, December 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM EST  
sunshinecoast

Hi ladies, I have a Macbook Air laptop and may need to ask you for help some time pretty please - I did get a one year warranty to get one-on-one but with Earl not being well have only managed to go in once. I find that phoning isn't much good for me.....

Marg :hello:

Marg Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, December 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM EST  
IrishEyes

HI everyone..

Judy jkr.. Happy that you also have the the sound on the WVa Cam... I will keep you posted .. thank you for your help....

Thanks JudyB. Now the problem is solved... well for two of you anyway.. I will be letting the NCTC Web Master know...

Hi Marg.. Good luck with your Macbook.

eta
We may have to order the DVD on line...we are currently checking out some outlets here in the city...

A big Thank you to JudyB and Judy jkr for all your help... keeping myfingers crossed that we will get the sound issue here resolved..

Helpful Hints ~~ Bev 2009

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, December 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM EST  
IrishEyes

I have a question... when we install the upgrade of Snow Leopard will i loose all my software ,address book , current bookmarks and family pictures... in other words will i loose what i currently have on my computer..

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, December 18 2011 @ 09:29 PM EST  
jkr

Before upgrading your computer the first thing to do is to make sure that all your software is up to date. To do this click on "Software Update" in the drop down menu. If you haven't updated for awhile it may take a good 20 minutes or so but is necessary in order for your current software to integrate into the new operating system.
Click on image to download

Installing Snow Leopard is very easy and your photos, music, addresses, bookmarks, etc. will all be intact after the upgrade.

How to Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard
1. Insert the Snow Leopard DVD: Just insert your Snow Leopard DVD, open it up, and double-click Install Mac OS X.

2. Click Continue and Get Installing: At the first screen, hit Continue. You'll see a license agreement; read away and agree to continue.

3. Choose Your Install Drive: The Snow Leopard install disc will automatically determine your install drive if it's obvious. Click Install.

4. Enter Your Password: just enter your password

5. Wait - it takes approx 15 minutes or so.
At this point, you're pretty much done.

6. Complete
When it completes, your computer should restart again. When it starts up, you will be greeted with Snow Leopard's intro video. You'll then see the setup assistant which you may not need to do since you were already setup in Leopard.

Forum

Cranbrook, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, December 18 2011 @ 09:58 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Thank you Judy jkr.. I had to order the upgrade on line... when we get it and after it is installed then we will have to install Adobe Flashplayer 11 ..right..

My software is up to date at this time but will check again before we install the Snow Leopard...
Can you tell that i am a tad stressed...giggle

Hugs ..Bev..

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, December 19 2011 @ 07:33 AM EST  
jkr

Quote by: IrishEyes

Thank you Judy jkr.. I had to order the upgrade on line... when we get it and after it is installed then we will have to install Adobe Flashplayer 11 ..right..

Right -- but you will likely have to uninstall the old version first if it's still on your system ( which is what I forgot to do very embarrassed)

I'm sure you won't run into any problem but here is the instructions for uninstalling a flash player on a Mac.

#1 Open MacIntosh HD
#2 Open Applications folder
#3 Open Utilities folder which is in the Applications folder.
#4 Inside Utilities you will find Adobe Flash Player Install Manager --- click to open it and you will find "uninstall". It's just a matter of clicking on uninstall and following any prompts.

"Oh, and one more thing" (as Steve Jobs always said) Nodding yes --- once you have Snow Leopard installed you will find a new application in your Dock called "App Store". That means from now on all software can be purchased directly from the App store and downloaded to your computer without having to use cd's or dvd's. Left thumb up

Forum

Cranbrook, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, December 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Thank You Judy jkr..

Would you please post , when you have time ..the link to the Adobe Flash Player 11 that i should install after we upgrade my computer.. when i posted one here for you to check .. i am getting that spam was detected...Puzzled

Thank you...

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Tuesday, December 20 2011 @ 07:13 AM EST  
jkr

This is the flash version you will need. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Every once in awhile when a url link is posted to the forum there will be a notification that the link is "spam" even though it actually isn't.
Please let us know if you run into that problem and we can add it to the "white list" so that the link can be re-posted.

Forum

Cranbrook, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 04:38 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate