Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: itsgrama (offline) on Wednesday, November 09 2011 @ 02:19 AM EST  
itsgrama

Eaglewoman, You have one pic on here that would almost be perfect for a new calendar. February. It's the one posted on Nov 7 at 7:32pm. The way the one is flying in makes it look like a heart. Take a look...see what you think. Perfect for a valentine's month picture.Wub

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Linda J. () on Wednesday, November 09 2011 @ 09:56 AM EST  
Anonymous: Linda J.

itsgrama is right, you got a perfect shot of the two eagles and the wings do look like they make a heart. Wonderful pictures. Thanks!!

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, November 16 2011 @ 01:35 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Found Liberty on her favorite perch in the middle of the river today. Their new nest is looking huge! They've been busy on it, I just haven't been able to catch them!
Check out the nice autumn colors...
Click on image to download

And a beautiful sunset near the nest tonite..Purple Mountains Majesty!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, November 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM EST  
JudyB

What beautiful pictures! Thanks for posting them and the update, eaglewoman! I'm glad to hear that Liberty and Patriot are doing well - and happy that we will be able to get updates even though it looks as if they're unlikely to use the cam nest next year.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, November 17 2011 @ 01:16 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Thanks JudyB-glad you liked them!
I found Miss Liberty on Bluff Branch this morning and she was very cooperative as she posed for the camera...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, November 17 2011 @ 01:33 AM EST  
eaglewoman

And two more of the lovely Liberty for the road...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, November 19 2011 @ 02:20 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Very Happy The 2012 Patriot & Liberty Calendar is printed and ready to go!!! They will be available in the TB giftshop soon, or send me a private message if you want me to send you one.

Also, we are releasing the cover for our children's book about Patriot & Liberty which is due out February 2012. My niece is our illustrator and her drawings are just beautiful!

As most of you know, this book is based on the true story of this special pair of eagles who had a cone put on top of their nest in November of 2007. Instead of leaving the area, these determined eagles stood by their nest until the cone was removed 32 days later. Anyway, I always thought it was a great story and that it needed to be told. My hopes are that people will learn valuable lessons from this book and the same mistakes won't be repeated. And, I also hope that it will help teach children to speak up on behalf of the animals that we share this great planet with.

I wanted to send out a big thank you to David Hancock and Karen Bills who have supported me and encouraged me throughout the writing of this book. I have learned so much about eagles from reading David's books, and from all of the wonderful people at the Hancock Forums! Skipper, my first eagle & forum tutor, JudyB, Soph9, CAL04, and all of the other great folks who have been so patient and kind to me these past 3-4 years-I can't thank you enough!!!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: californiakayaker () on Saturday, November 19 2011 @ 10:46 PM EST  
Anonymous: californiakayaker

Eaglewoman, those photos are spectacular. The technology is incredible with these new one piece cameras. I had bought one of the first and it was amazing for a prototype. I do not think one should do a connect to an astronomical telescope as I did. But, I had this equipment, and with one 20 dollar part was able to connect them together. I'm not sure how someone could get the most bang for the buck, but your camera with a good tripod may be it. Those shots keep getting amazingly better!

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:20 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate