Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Field Rd Nest, 2016/2017 season - Wilson Creek on the Sunshine Coast
 |  Printable Version
By: heatherj (offline) on Sunday, August 06 2017 @ 11:38 PM EDT  
heatherj

..... but I also think I see pin feathers on the underside of the wings which is hopeful fingers crossed

Click on image to download

What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

Forum

Sechelt, BC

Profile Email Website PM

By: heatherj (offline) on Sunday, August 06 2017 @ 11:41 PM EDT  
heatherj

And on Aug 5 I saw Little branching. Not a great picture as Little is behind another branch but I definitely see Littles feet on a branch!

What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

Forum

Sechelt, BC

Profile Email Website PM

By: Mushka (offline) on Sunday, August 06 2017 @ 11:57 PM EDT  
Mushka

Thanks for all the updates and pictures Heather ! I've been following Little's story on here, hopefully things are starting to turn around and he(or she) will soon be soaring high in the sky just like any other young eaglet :-)

aka KarenH

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: heatherj (offline) on Monday, August 07 2017 @ 12:18 AM EDT  
heatherj

Thanks Karen! Definitely all my fingers and toes are crossed fingers crossed

You reminded me of this song Smile You can even pick your favourite version.

Steve Millers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlAlCmqjRug

Or Seals cover https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v09H0A9q1mA

Forum

Sechelt, BC

Profile Email Website PM

By: stim (offline) on Monday, August 07 2017 @ 03:39 PM EDT  
stim

Wow Heather, Little's wingspread does look better than originally seen but still debatable as being able to create flight. Those pin feathers you found look promising! Will they continue to grow? fingers crossed If so, fledging could take longer than the parents want to stay in the area. I guess that is dependent on the food supply here. I hope that at least 1 of them stays behind as needed by Little, to keep him alive in the nest until he leaves it!
I guess with our COs I was thinking more of protocol, to check in and let them know what is in the works hopefully by our group in relation to Little's possible rescue. They already know though through Irene so contacting them again may not be warranted.
I've been fighting a head/chest cold and may have to get help from our doctor to get me better to be able to help out! Sad
Thank you for being there for Little!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Mushka (offline) on Tuesday, August 08 2017 @ 12:34 PM EDT  
Mushka

I had forgotten all about that song Heather, one of my favourites when it came out and still enjoy listening to it whenever I do hear it nowadays. Steve Miller version for sure, i had the album and played it constantly ;-)

Hope you're feeling better soon Sandra.

aka KarenH

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: heatherj (offline) on Thursday, August 10 2017 @ 01:16 AM EDT  
heatherj

Sorry to hear you've been unwell Sandra Sad Hope you're feeling better soon! And I think I had that album too Karen Smile

Here are some pics of Little from Aug 6. S/he is definitely enjoying being on that branch to the left of the nest - I've seen him/her there quite a lot the last few days.

Click on image to downloadClick on image to download

Forum

Sechelt, BC

Profile Email Website PM

By: heatherj (offline) on Thursday, August 10 2017 @ 01:19 AM EDT  
heatherj

Around 1pm on Aug 7 one of the adults (I think maybe Ma) spent quite a long time in the nest . She was definitely tugging at something so maybe breaking up something for Little?

Click on image to downloadClick on image to downloadClick on image to download

Forum

Sechelt, BC

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 06:11 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate