Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > H.W.F. News and Announcements
 What's Happening Around H.W.F. ?
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, August 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM EDT (Read 4158 times)  
jkr

This thread is a bit of a work in progress, so the direction and this opening post may change over time.
The idea is to have a place for people to discuss what the Hancock Wildlife Foundation and its spokespeople are doing in an informal fashion.
For example, when David Hancock has a speaking engagement, it will be announced in our Calendar of Events and HWF Announcements area. If one of our members attended the talk, and wanted share some highlights or something new they learned - this could be a place to do that.
Another example - if David went to look at a nest where we might have a cam in a year or two, he might write about the nest in his "From the Field" area; if someone went along and wanted to share what they learned about why it did or didn't seem a good choice for a cam nest - that post and accompanying pictures could go here (once you've checked with David or Karen to make sure the location isn't confidential until details are worked out).
On occasion we may even post a newsletter to this location.
As you can see, we're very open to having our members share what's happening in and around HWF.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Marg (offline) on Thursday, August 12 2010 @ 04:58 PM EDT  
Marg

Hi jkr I'm waiting what is happening? Sure hope people are donating for the cams etc. every little bit helps.:hello:

aka sunshinecoast Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile     PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Friday, August 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM EDT  
vickrb

WELL HELLO, I am posting some pictures here that were taken by KARENB when she went with David Hancock to rescue a Juvie at the Nelson Rd. nest in Richmond. It seems the site is under construction and therefore the eagle was out of the nest, but had not fledged. So David climbed up and rescued this one and then carried it to a nearly Indian temple and climbed a ladder and then climbed up onto the roof to put the eagle at the highest point possible so he could fledge and he did.

Click on image to download

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Friday, August 13 2010 @ 02:21 PM EDT  
vickrb

SORRY for that last picture -I made it smaller for my Avatar, forgetting to resize it - trying to learn!!!!

Here are some more of KARENB's pictures of this same rescue.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Friday, August 13 2010 @ 02:22 PM EDT  
vickrb

ONE LAST picture of David Hancock climbing up the ladder to enable him to climb up the roof and put the Eagle at the highest possible point.

David held this Juvie in one hand (no gloves on) while he climbed that ladder with no help. I give him so much credit for this as I would not get that close to an eagle, let alone hold it with no gloves on!!!! ??

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, August 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM EDT  
jkr

Vicki, thank you so much for posting that here. It's great to see David's field work and how much the eagles benefit by his determination to give them every opportunity in life. Very Happy
Not sure I'd want to be scaling a ladder up the side of a building with an eagle in my hand though Oh My

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Tuesday, August 31 2010 @ 12:42 PM EDT  
deewerms

thank you Vicky, what a wonderful story, David is surely a great help to wildlife, so thankful for people like him. great to see you, been a year or so wave

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: urban Eagle (offline) on Sunday, September 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM EDT  
urban Eagle

Hi Vicki wave Larry/urban Eagle here, I tried to post Karen's pic. of David's eaglet rescue in the Media Gallery and :dunno: They ended up in the Lafarge file:dunno:any way thought i would add some you missed . He is in Amazing ManClapping
Nice pic's Karen B

May the Sun be at your back,and an Eagle in front of your lens.
Forum

Port Moody

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:15 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate