Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Sargeant Bay, Halfmoon Bay, B.C.
 |  Printable Version
By: heatherj (offline) on Monday, February 06 2017 @ 01:09 AM EST (Read 268 times)  
heatherj

Welcome to the Sargeant Bay nest thread. The nest is in the community of Halfmoon Bay on the Sunshine Coast of BC west of Sechelt

If you visit the Sargeant Bay nest you are welcome to post comments and pictures here.

The nest is located behind the Pointhouse Suites on Sargeant Bay and appears to be on private property. The nest is visible from the public trail along the beach in the Provincial Park.

This nest is new to the forum in 2017 and I know very little about the history of the nest or this pair of eagles. I have visited Sargeant Bay many times since 2011 and have often seen eagles soaring above the ridge behind the bay. I have also occasionally seen eagles perched on various trees around the bay so I have suspected there has been a nest somewhere on or near the bay but this is the first time I have spotted the nest. If anyone has any more details it would be great to find out a bit of the history of this pair and nest.

Click on image to download

Click on image to download Click on image to download

What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

Forum

Sechelt, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: heatherj (offline) on Monday, February 06 2017 @ 01:14 AM EST  
heatherj

Reserved

What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. Jane Goodall

Forum

Sechelt, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Monday, February 06 2017 @ 02:54 PM EST  
stim

I'm intrigued by the location here Heather. Hopefully a visit one day will be as fulfilling as it all looks to be.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Marg (offline) on Monday, February 06 2017 @ 03:03 PM EST  
Marg

Thank you Heatherj for opening this new thread, I hope to visit this nest when the weather is better.
Grin

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: heatherj (offline) on Sunday, February 26 2017 @ 08:52 PM EST  
heatherj

We got up to Sargeant Bay yesterday and saw Ma and Pa sitting together near the nest tree. Here are the first few long distance shots showing Ma and Pa, the nest tree and the B&B

Forum

Sechelt, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: heatherj (offline) on Sunday, February 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM EST  
heatherj

And a couple more from the other end of the beach walk. Standing behind the big rock there was a peek a boo view through to the perch tree

Forum

Sechelt, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: heatherj (offline) on Sunday, February 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM EST  
heatherj

And there were a few flybys while we were there. One juvenile eagle, one sub-adult and one hawk - either a Coopers or Sharp-shinned I think.

UPDATE Red tailed Hawk - thanks Sandra!

Click on image to download Click on image to download Click on image to download

Forum

Sechelt, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Monday, February 27 2017 @ 01:31 PM EST  
stim

Eagles and hawk rewarded your travels on Saturday! That looks like a Red-Tailed Hawk to me though. Grin
Such a beautiful spot to visit, eagles the bonus.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:29 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate