Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Eagle Cams
 Dollywood/AEF TN - 2016-17
 |  Printable Version
By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, November 29 2016 @ 10:08 AM EST (Read 2090 times)  
MaryF

Coming later! Sitting eagle

I have started this thread early because of the critical situation going on at Pigeon Forge and yes---Dollywood too!! Scroll down to read the latest news and to hear Al Cecere on the fire and evacuation ! Sad

LINK TO THE CAMS -- https://www.eagles.org/eagle-nest-cams/ ... -nest-cam/

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, November 29 2016 @ 10:08 AM EST  
MaryF

reserved

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, November 29 2016 @ 10:09 AM EST  
MaryF

reserved

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, November 29 2016 @ 10:09 AM EST  
MaryF

reserved

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, November 29 2016 @ 10:10 AM EST  
MaryF

reserved

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, November 29 2016 @ 10:15 AM EST  
MaryF

This is the latest news I could find on what is happening at Dollywood and the AEF -- please play the video to hear Al Cecere!

http://wate.com/2016/11/29/aef-evacuate ... eon-forge/

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, November 29 2016 @ 10:30 AM EST  
MaryF

A few posts found on FB --

Sydelle Brand Bunin Good they're rescuing them. They say they need as many crates as people can bring. The Pet Smart in the area cleared their ENTIRE inventory to help!! I will always shop there for sure - though I try to anyway, this makes an even better reason.

(GOOD for Petsmart!! Left thumb up )

Cindy Gibson-Carpenter The first thing I thought of when I heard about the threat to Pigeon Forge were all the Bald Eagles at Dollywood. Hoping and praying for the rains to continue and for everyone to remain safe, including our feathered friends.

Marco Rose
Franklin and Independence this morning. Looks to me like their eyes are a bit irritated from the smoke perhaps. (Thank you Rose!!)

Click on image to download

Click on image to download

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, November 29 2016 @ 10:34 AM EST  
MaryF

American Eagle Foundation- 8 hours ago

As most of you already know, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge Tennessee are being threatened by large forest fires. We've already heard several reports of much of historic Gatlinburg already burning down. Tonight around 8 PM, with the fire only miles away and a mandatory people evacuation in place, the AEF staff began conducting an emergency bird evacuation, something we have never had to do before. Our AEF first responders wasted no time rushing from their homes to our headquarters and loading somewhere around 50-60 birds into travel kennels and into every available vehicle. It wasn't graceful, but we did our best to retrieve every bird and then load about 40-50 pounds of raptor food along with. These birds are now resting safely in individual kennels at several AEF staff member homes 10+ miles away from the fires. Al Cecere went to Dollywood to check on our Eagle Mountain Sanctuary Eagles...unfortunately, in the dark, with ashy hazy air, steep leafy hillsides, and other staff being turned away by police while they trying to bring extra travel kennels onto the Dollywood park, we were unable to catch up and rescue these eagles tonight. As of now they are safe and hanging out in their aviaries, albeit the air quality is not optimal. Eagle Mountain Sanctuary houses one of the largest collections of non-releasable Bald Eagles in the world. Several fire trucks and first responders are protecting Dollywood and we hope to receive reports in the morning from Dollywood security as to whether it's safe to come evacuate them. We are hoping and praying for rain to come save our sweet home in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. We hope and pray that every person has made it out of the danger zones. We will keep you updated.

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:12 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate