Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2017 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: karenbills (offline) on Monday, March 06 2017 @ 01:18 AM EST  
karenbills

Today Ma Delta 2 laid her first egg of the season. The year that she broke her left leg she was about a month late in laying her eggs. Jean would have that date, Terri. Then there's Ma Harrison Mills (aka Mrs. Honeycomb) who one year laid her eggs several weeks later than normal. So we'll just have to wait and see what Miss Liberty does. I will let David know.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, March 06 2017 @ 10:02 PM EST  
JudyB

Hi everyone! I'm thinking that if Liberty and Spirit had laid a couple of eggs shortly before losing their nest at the golf course, they might lay a second clutch 3-4 weeks later. It's certainly something I've seen at other nests. And yes, that could be late enough to be challenging to the chicks as they near fledging - but Liberty is great and Spirit is becoming great - so I think they could pull it off! love

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, March 07 2017 @ 10:07 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Thank YouThank YouThank You Karen & JudyB!!!

You have given us all continued hope that L & S might have offspring this year yet!Bravo

We will keep you posted!!

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyCongrats to Ma & Pa Delta & to all of those who love & follow that lovely pair!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: CA Wildlife (offline) on Tuesday, March 07 2017 @ 06:46 PM EST  
CA Wildlife

Quote from eaglewoman from 10/19/20

Quote by: eaglewoman

ty so much JudyB for getting our new thread up and running!!! You are the BEST!!!

Thank you Gary for being right on top of things with the updated spreadsheet on their return for the 2016-2017 Season!!!!

Here is another photo that Rick from Riverview sent to me on 10/18/16 showing that now BOTH eagles are back at the Riverview Golf & Country Club Nest!!!!!!!

Here's to another exciting & successful nesting season folks!

Just a note to request that JudyB to correct the current season nest history so that the eagles returned October 17th and October 18th of 2016, citing the above info by eaglewoman. Thank you!!!

wave Grin Grin Thank You

Gary (Sacramento, CA)
California Wildlife
http://www.flickr.com/photos/encouragement/

Sacramento Area

Profile Email Website PM

By: itsgrama (offline) on Tuesday, March 07 2017 @ 09:56 PM EST  
itsgrama

waveHello everyone, I have kind of been offline since L and S moved to the golf course. Driving by the old nest on 44 I saw the eagles at the nest. I wondered if something had happened to their new nest of if it was even Liberty. So happy to find out that it is indeed Liberty and Spirit. Sad that the other nest fell victim to our extreme windsWindy - hold on and rain and hail etc. I saw a video that Renae had shared on facebook of the two mating at their old nest. We may actually have a hatch this year after all. Roll eyesI will check in from time to time.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Wednesday, March 08 2017 @ 11:37 PM EST  
karenbills

Gary, I have made the changes to the nest history that you corrected. I did this just in case that JudyB did not see your request. She's such a busy lady and I don't know how often she gets to read this forum thread.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: CA Wildlife (offline) on Thursday, March 09 2017 @ 01:54 AM EST  
CA Wildlife

Karen, thank you for making the corrections!

Itsgrama, hello! Good to see you online again.

Gary (Sacramento, CA)
California Wildlife
http://www.flickr.com/photos/encouragement/

Sacramento Area

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, March 10 2017 @ 04:49 PM EST  
JudyB

Thanks so much, Gary and Karen! I'm making progress on the opening posts, but still have a way to go, and am not online very much right now so do miss things. Please let me know if you see anything else for the first post or the history posts that I missed or that seems confused.

Keeping fingers crossed....

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:23 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate