Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Eagle Cams
 Redding, CA - 2017 - Bald Eagle Cam (formerly Turtle Bay)
 |  Printable Version
By: karenbills (offline) on Wednesday, March 01 2017 @ 02:17 PM EST  
karenbills

Bravo, bravo!! Jumping for joy up here, Terri. Talons crossed for a successful breeding season this year for Liberty and Spirit back in their old nest where they belong.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, March 01 2017 @ 04:44 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Thanks Karen!!! Hopes are high here for a successful nesting season!!!

Here's an update on getting our eaglecams back on so you all can enjoy our Redding eagles...

We just want to thank each and every one of you who took the time to call or email Turtle Bay! I believe they heard us and are actively working with us to see if the Eaglecams can be successfully turned back on!!!!

I had a great conversation with Mike Warren(CEO of Turtle Bay) and he is going to meet with us on Friday to take a look at the fiber optic connections from Eagle Island to Turtle Bay! There was a lot of misinformation out there so it was good that we talked! Mike was told that we had removed the Eaglecams from the nest tree! There was discussion about doing that, but it never happened since we were hopeful they would someday return to their nest at Turtle Bay! And, they did!!!

Keep your fingers crossed that everything is still in good working order!!! We will keep you informed on our progress!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Wednesday, March 01 2017 @ 05:36 PM EST  
Jean

Quote by: eaglewoman

Thanks Karen!!! Hopes are high here for a successful nesting season!!!

Here's an update on getting our eaglecams back on so you all can enjoy our Redding eagles...

We just want to thank each and every one of you who took the time to call or email Turtle Bay! I believe they heard us and are actively working with us to see if the Eaglecams can be successfully turned back on!!!!

I had a great conversation with Mike Warren(CEO of Turtle Bay) and he is going to meet with us on Friday to take a look at the fiber optic connections from Eagle Island to Turtle Bay! There was a lot of misinformation out there so it was good that we talked! Mike was told that we had removed the Eaglecams from the nest tree! There was discussion about doing that, but it never happened since we were hopeful they would someday return to their nest at Turtle Bay! And, they did!!!

Keep your fingers crossed that everything is still in good working order!!! We will keep you informed on our progress!

That is great news Terri........so glad TB is getting on board now! Very Happy

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, March 01 2017 @ 05:57 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Nest Update 2017:

Sorry for the confusion folks, I misunderstood Kit this morning & she said that Liberty was indeed in the incubating position, but they both flew out and perched nearby the nest.

I was down there from 10-12 and didn't see either of the eagles, unless she was very low in the nest?!?
So, we believe we are very close to egg laying but we aren't 100% sure she has already laid an egg.
Gee, that Eaglecam would come in handy about now!

We will keep you posted!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: CA Wildlife (offline) on Wednesday, March 01 2017 @ 08:03 PM EST  
CA Wildlife

Quote From February 11, 2017 Post

Quote by: eaglewoman

Sad news to report today folks...Sad

Roger from Riverview sent me some photos this morning showing that Liberty & Spirit's nest suffered some damage in the latest series of storms Sad

We don't know when it happened because Roger hasn't been down to the nest area all week. Rick the Supervisor is out of town, so I can't get down there until he returns on Tuesday. Roger took these photos with his phone so they are not real clear, but you can see what looks like an eagle to the right of the nest. There may even be an eagle in the nest? But, it does show that they seem to be sticking with this nest, even though the Witch's Broom that the nest is within seems to be compromised? Liberty may already have an egg in there so they might not have a choice but to stick with this nest?

Anyway, we are concerned to say the least, and we need all of you to please keep our beloved Redding eagles in your thoughts and send as much positive energy our way as you can muster!

And here's some information about the Riverview Golf & Country Club nest to assist in the investigation:

Based on California Data Exchange Center reports which record various weather and water resources information across the state, wind gusts in Redding were in excess of 40 mph on February 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th, with maximum gusts reported at 48 mph on February 10th. Winds on any of these dates could have led to nest damage. Winds were also high before and after these dates, but I assume that Roger's temporary absence wasn't too long before February 6th and that he would have noticed earlier if portions of the nest were on the ground earlier.

Just thought I'd enter it in forum for the record.

The nest chart will be updated to reflect the incident.

Gary (Sacramento, CA)
California Wildlife
http://www.flickr.com/photos/encouragement/

Forum

Sacramento Area

Profile Email Website PM

By: CA Wildlife (offline) on Wednesday, March 01 2017 @ 08:09 PM EST  
CA Wildlife

Social media is powerful these days, and I think there was a groundswell of calls and emails to Turtle Bay once Terri put out the word a day or two ago. It's good to hear that Turtle Bay is at least communicating at this point.

Gary (Sacramento, CA)
California Wildlife
http://www.flickr.com/photos/encouragement/

Forum

Sacramento Area

Profile Email Website PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Thursday, March 02 2017 @ 01:36 PM EST  
karenbills

Standing by up here and hoping for good news.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, March 04 2017 @ 03:15 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Thank You so much Gary for updating the information on the Spreadsheet!

Both eagles were active at the nest yesterday morning from 9:00-11:00am when Kit & I were there! Spirit brought in several sticks, they fluffed up the nest bowl, and mated in the nest!

I am still on Cloud 9 as I watch these two working on their nest at Turtle Bay! This is a dream come true for us to have them back again!Very Happy

Here are a few pics from yesterday...

Click on image to download

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:34 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate