Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2017 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, February 26 2017 @ 03:33 PM EST  
eaglewoman

No Incubating Eagles yet folks!!!

I did spot both in the nest as I drove away around 10am, so they are still in the area!

We have been getting a lot of questions about the status of our Eaglecams at the Turtle Bay Nest. We all want more than anything to get those cams fired up again!

Here are some challenges we are running into:
1) Eagle Island is currently NOT an island due to the heavy rainfall and the huge releases from Shasta & Keswick Dams during the past few weeks. The Sacramento River is flowing higher than I have seen it in the 25 years I have been frequenting this area!
*Our challenge is that Liberty & Spirit's nest tree is located on Eagle Island, along with all of the associated electronics & solar panels and batteries. We have no way of knowing if the wiring is still intact and if the water has caused any shorts to the wiring system?
2) Last Spring, we were notified by Ron Cordova, R.I.P.(who passed away in May) that Turtle Bay no longer wished to be involved in the Eaglecam Project due to lack of funding and resources.
*Our challenge is to find someone else in the area to take over for Turtle Bay's end of the operation.
3) Joe from HDontap(San Diego) is very excited about the return of our Redding eagles to the nest that he coordinated the installation of 2 new HD Eaglecams with sound! He is already looking into the possibility of going wireless and is even willing to come up to Redding to work on solutions with us!

*Our challenge is that there is nothing Joe or anyone can do until the water recedes from Eagle Island and the Turtle Bay area.

So, we are in a holding pattern right now folks! We will keep you posted on our progress!

Please know that we will do everything in our power to make this happen, but our Number One priority is, and always has been, Liberty & Spirit's well-being! We absolutely do not want to risk disturbing them in any way if they do lay egg(s) in the Turtle Bay Nest!!! It is absolutely too late to go up into the nest or too close to the nest tree, so if we have to wait until August/September to get these cams working again, then that is what we will do!

Thank you ALL for your continued support & love for our Redding Eagles!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Sunday, February 26 2017 @ 10:06 PM EST  
karenbills

Well this certainly continues to sound promising, Terri. I don't know about the call to which you refer.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, February 28 2017 @ 09:58 PM EST  
eaglewoman

I will upload a video of that call for you Karen, so you can hear it yourself?

Still no egg(s) here folks, but our eagles have been bringing in sticks to the TB nest, lots of mating in the nest, and Spirit has been bringing food for Liberty into the nest!!! All good signs!!!

Looks like if they do this we are going to have a delayed season here! Our eagles to 10 miles to the west of us, generally lay their eggs in March, so I guess Liberty & Spirit could be on their schedule this season?

We will keep you posted!

I found the pair on the Christmas Tree yesterday morning from 8:30-9:30 a.m.

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, February 28 2017 @ 10:00 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Spirit took off and headed west...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, February 28 2017 @ 10:02 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Liberty followed her mate and headed west past the snow covered hills of Redding, California...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Wednesday, March 01 2017 @ 02:00 AM EST  
karenbills

Yes, please do, Terri. I'd like to hear the call to which you are referring. Great pictures above but then yours are always great.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, March 01 2017 @ 01:05 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Nest Update 2017:

Wednesday March 1, 2017

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyEGGCITING NEWS: Kit has been down at the nest this morning and is reporting that it appears Liberty is in INCUBATING POSITION!!!! Spirit is perched nearby in guarding position!!!!CheersCheersCheers

Sread the word, it looks like we might get some babies here at the Turtle Bay nest folks!!!BravoBravoBravo

I'm heading down there now so I'll report what I see!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (online) on Wednesday, March 01 2017 @ 01:11 PM EST  
Jean

10:10am.........That is more than wonderful news Terri! We were all hoping it would happen. Maybe that will help to get TB involved again with some assistance here with the cams! Very Happy

aka mjb
Langley, BC

You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses................Ziggy

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:54 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate