Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2017 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, February 22 2017 @ 06:41 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Liberty took off and headed right toward me over to the Christmas Tree! Oh how I've missed seeing her do that!

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, February 22 2017 @ 06:43 PM EST  
eaglewoman

I couldn't stay long, but Liberty was on the Christmas Tree and Spirit was perched in a tree near the nest when I left...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Thursday, February 23 2017 @ 11:51 AM EST  
karenbills

Looking good, Terri. Hope this continues.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, February 25 2017 @ 04:05 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Thanks Karen, we are still hopeful!

I found both L & S at the nest on Friday morning, and Spirit began moving sticks around in the nest while Liberty was overseeing the operation from the rim of the nest...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, February 25 2017 @ 04:14 PM EST  
eaglewoman

The pair spent some time in the nest and then Spirit flew over to a nearby branch. Liberty was doing a peal call again, so I'm wondering if that call has other meanings? Karen, do you know or can you ask David if that call could be Liberty "begging" for food from Spirit?

The reason I ask is that a littlle while later when Kit came down for her shift, Liberty was still doing that same call and then Spirit brought her some food into the nest?

I haven't seen any young eagles or other adult eagles in the area lately, but Liberty has been doing that same call quite a bit lately?

With the Sacramento River at flood stages here in Redding, the river is certainly not a good food source at this time for our eagles. The water is brown and murky from all of the soil that has been washed into it from the creeks and streams above the Turtle Bay area. It is also moving very swiftly so it isn't ideal for waterfowl right now either Sad So, I'm really not sure if the eagles will be able to reproduce this year or not? Time will tell for sure!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, February 25 2017 @ 04:20 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Whatever happens this season, let me just say that it has been absolutely wonderful having our Redding eagles "back home" in the Turtle Bay area again!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (online) on Saturday, February 25 2017 @ 04:28 PM EST  
Jean

1:26pm...........It is great to see them hanging around here so much now Terri! Even if there are no eggs this year I think they will stay here seeing that all is okay in this nest. And how much nicer it will be for you and others to be able to see them every day of the week rather than just on Mondays at the golf course. Maybe eggs will still happen, time will tell.

aka mjb
Langley, BC

You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses................Ziggy

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, February 25 2017 @ 10:55 PM EST  
eaglewoman

wave Hi Jean!

Well, I could sure get used to seeing you here again! We've missed your calm, sensible presence on this forum, my friend!hug

So, there was no sign of our eagles this morning from 9:00-11:00am, but Mark reported that both eagles were back in the nest this afternoon!!!

They were doing more nestorations in the nest bowl, too!!!

At one point, Spirit flew to Dead Tree while Liberty remained in the nest. Then, Spirit headed south and Liberty eventually flew in that same direction!

As I was coming home from Whiskeytown Lake(10 miles west of Redding), I spotted what looked like Spirit perched near the nest facing Swamp Spot, and Liberty in the nest! It was dusk, so it looked like they were spending the night in or near the nest!!!

It will be hard to get sleep tonite, but you can bet I will be out there tomorrow morning to see if someone is in incubating position!!!!CheersVery Happy

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:56 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate