Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2017 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, February 16 2017 @ 10:29 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Titter Yup, they are sure keeping us guessing right now Karen!!!

What we do know is that egg laying time is NOW for Miss Liberty, so she needs to pick a nest & stick with it already!Titter

I'm kidding, I know she knows exactly what she is doing & I fully trust that she will choose whichever nests suits her needs at the moment!

That being said, we received 2 reports today that 2 adult eagles were in the nest at Turtle Bay between 3:00-4:40pm!!!

Gosh, we sure wish we could get those cams turned on already!!! We are in contact with Joe from HDontap to see what can be done!
If you remember, Turtle Bay backed out of the Eaglecam Project last year, so we are looking for someone else to work with!

I hope I can get down there myself tomorrow, between rain storms!RainWindy - hold on

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Friday, February 17 2017 @ 05:26 PM EST  
karenbills

So the suspense continues. I will await your report tomorrow, Terri. Talons crossed.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, February 17 2017 @ 10:40 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Well, I braved the rain and got down there this morning to check on the Turtle Bay nest situation!Rain

I didn't see anything when I drove by there at 9:00am & it was raining pretty good! I decide to run a few errands & then check back later, but as I was driving back by on the Hwy 44 Bridge, I spotted 2 adult eagles in the TB nest!!!!

I headed back & got down there as quick as I could, without my bike! It was so wet I didn't want to bring my bike today!

By the time I got down there, one eagle was in the nest and one was perched nearby. It didn't take me too long to realize that it was indeed Liberty & Spirit!!!!!!Very HappyVery HappyCheersCheersCheersCheersBravoBravoBravoVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

No, I wasn't too excited!!!Titter

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, February 17 2017 @ 10:45 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Welcome Home Liberty & Spirit!!!

I cannot tell you how surreal it felt to see these two eagle back in their old nest again!Grin

Miss Liberty looked right at home up there!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, February 17 2017 @ 10:49 PM EST  
eaglewoman

There were a few turkey vultures over on the Christmas Tree, so Liberty was checking them out from time to time...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, February 17 2017 @ 10:54 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Spirit headed north toward Family Tree, and Liberty flew out after a bit and headed northwest. I started walking back to my car since it was still raining a bit, and all of a sudden they both came flying back and landed in the nest again! They started trilling which sounded so wonderful to my ears!

They sat in there together for a bit...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, February 17 2017 @ 11:02 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Liberty & Spirit both took off and headed northwest, and it started getting a bit wetter so I took off too!

As I drove by, I spotted Liberty on top of the Christmas Tree!

Kit & Mark were down there a little later in the day and spotted Lib on Xmas Tree, then on Family Tree!

So, the eagles were in the Turtle Bay area for a good part of the day today!BravoBravoBravo

I spoke to Rick at Riverview and he said they hadn't seen them down at the golf course all day! I don't want to get ahead of ourselves here, but I like the fact that they are spending so much time at the Turtle Bay nest now!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (online) on Friday, February 17 2017 @ 11:23 PM EST  
Jean

8;22pm............The destruction of the Riverview nest may be a blessing in disguise Terri! Fingers crossed for you all! Right now it looks quite promising! This old nest of theirs is definitely a better option and maybe they are seeing that too right now!

fingers crossed fingers crossed Very Happy

aka mjb
Langley, BC

You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses................Ziggy

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:54 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate