Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2017 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, February 12 2017 @ 10:28 PM EST  
eaglewoman

wave Hi Karen!

Oh really? You think it is that old? Okay then maybe it's one of the 3 P's from a few seasons ago?

Anyway, yes we are concerned about our eagles for sure!

Roger went down there and took some more pictures with his camera today, before the golf course had to close due to rising river levels! They are letting out 70,000 cfs so our river is very high right now!

I'm not sure what our eagles will do at this point? Roger said he found some egg shells but thought they might have been from last season. I don't think they would still be in the nest, do you Karen? So, they could've already lost an egg that was laid earlier this week Sad

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, February 13 2017 @ 03:21 PM EST  
eaglewoman

wave Hi Karen!

Liberty & Spirit seem to be undecided about what to do? Roger just reported they are bringing sticks in to their damaged nest & bringing sticks to an old hawk's nest?!?

Liberty should be laying an egg any day now?

Is there anything we can or should be doing?!? I feel so helpless?!? Can you speak to David & see if there is anything that can be done at this point or do we let nature take it's course?

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, February 13 2017 @ 08:51 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Update on Liberty & Spirit's Nest Crisis:

Roger watched L & S bring in sticks to the old hawk's nest ALL DAY today!!! So, it looks like they have made their choice!

I will be in touch with Rick the Grounds Supervisor when he returns from Florida tomorrow to see if I can get down there to see how they are doing!

As of now, the Riverview Golf Course is closed due to high river levels! They are releasing 70,000 cubic feet per second from Shasta Dam so the Sacramento River is running higher than I've ever seen it!!!

Here are some great shots that Roger took of Liberty & Spirit bringing in sticks today!
What would we do without Roger?!?

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, February 13 2017 @ 08:53 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Roger is reporting that the old hawk's nest is quite small, but I'm sure L & S will continue working on it even after egg(s) are laid!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, February 13 2017 @ 08:55 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Tuesday, February 14 2017 @ 04:35 PM EST  
karenbills

Not sure exactly what has happened to the nest on the golf course, Terri. The eagle nest has lost part of it due to storm damage, right? So LIberty and Spirit are now building up a Red-tailed Hawk nest which is also located on the golf area, right?

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, February 14 2017 @ 09:38 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Yes Karen, the nest they used last year suffered damage from the wind and rain storms we've been having here the past few weeks. The eagles have moved about 150 yards south of that nest into an old Red-tailed Hawks nest. They have been busy bringing in sticks for the past 2 days!

Kit & I are going to try to go down there in the morning to check things out ourselves! But, the course is currently closed due to flooding on the course from high water releases from Shasta Dam. They are currently releasing 75,000 cubic feet per second!!!

Rick said we would have to walk through 18 inches of water to get down to the nest, but we are willing to give it a shot!

I'll let you know what we find!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, February 15 2017 @ 06:25 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Nothing was about to stop Kit & I from checking on our beloved Redding eagles!!!

We suited up with Waders & boots borrowed from my niece who likes to fly fish and headed down to the course!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:55 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate