Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam - 2016/17
 |  Printable Version
By: MaryF (online) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:18 AM EDT  
MaryF

Hi all---please take the time to read this post about how to put pictures on the forum. Some of yours are not showing up and I don't have the time to fix them all. Thanks!! Thank You Grin (click on the link below.)

forum/viewtopic.php?topic=950758#950758

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Tdav (online) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:25 AM EDT  
Tdav

Handsome E9 back in the nest tree.

Click on image to download

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Kathy M. (online) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:38 AM EDT  
Kathy M.

Ok, here goes...my first attempt to post a SCAP (is this an acronym for something?).

I think that one of the things that enhances our enjoyment of this wonderful eagle family is seeing them in the beautiful environment that they are fortunate enough to enjoy. I have viewed eagles on other CAMS and while their beauty is obvious, it isn't as entertaining or brings pure joy like seeing Harriet, M15 and E9 in this wonderful setting. It makes for such a feel-good experience and causes us to love them as if they are a part of us and ours.

I find this a peaceful, serene setting that we can mentally transport ourselves to while viewing...

Click on image to download

A "preview" of my posting shows I am successful! Who says and old dog can't learn a new trick? Titter

Integrity is what you have when no one is looking...

Forum

Central Arkansas

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (online) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:44 AM EDT  
MaryF

Truchette said ---

I'm sorry but it's exactly how I feel, discouraged. the chat roll is sufficient to me.
It's not very bad, I'll just have a look at the info scaps and updates without posting.

Keep up the good work, all of you !
And long and beautiful life to E9, M and Harriet Very Happy

Truchette I'm not sure why you are discouraged. I just need for folks to understand that this is not a chat thread but rather one where we post our observations and pictures of what is going on at our nest. It was not my intent to chase anybody away but rather just to explain how the forum works. I can set up a thread for all of you who would like to talk to each other, ask each other questions and be more chatty in another section of the forum and talk about whatever you would like to AND the nest. We do have such threads in that section. Would you and some of the others like for me to do that?? Please let me know and I will be happy to do that.

That post that you were referring to was not written by me.

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (online) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM EDT  
MaryF

KathyM---great first picture!! You got the hang of it!!! Clapping scap is just short for screen capture. Left thumb up

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Blonde4938 (offline) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:49 AM EDT  
Blonde4938

This morning when E9 was near the pond hopping across the piece of concrete by the tree, he had something either stuck to his talon or was trying to carry something.
it looked like he was trying to shake it off his talon. Did anyone else see this and what it was?

Always Remember: Eagles come in all shape and sizes, but you will recognize them (E9) chiefly by their (E9's) attitudes.
-E. F. Schumacher

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (online) on Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 09:58 AM EDT  
MaryF

Philjo61France said ----

Thanks to answer Mary

I imagine yes about what you write, but may be you can understand than we also can be fustrated to not see E9.

I reminder days ago, he was only able to branch a little and during hours i was looking an empty nest in the screen. he was branching for the first night a little bit "upper".

I understand also for the expensive equipment, i thougth that only with a computer it will be easy to do it. The purpose was only to sent the possibility to follow the eaglet in his move during your nigth (my morning) and the command priority control should stay at SWFEC people.

I wanted only "to propose" my help you know

Was it a nonsense, my question ?

-------------------------------------------

Your question and your offer to help were both very nice. It is very hard to follow E9 in the dark or anytime with our cams. He is flying farther and farther to where our cams do not reach with his parents to do some exploring. I believe at this time we have 3 people on our moderating team who take turns operating our cams. Even I am not allowed to do that Grin I do thank you for your kind offer though. We have a team of about 14 people who handle most aspects of running this cam for the owners---the Pritchetts. Please keep on doing what you do!

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:15 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate