Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 The Rainbow Bridge - For all our Pets who are waiting there.
 |  Printable Version
By: AnniesKatz (online) on Tuesday, June 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

My Dear Friend Bev,

My heart and love go out to you for the loss of your beautiful, faithful and loyal companion, Danu. Wub

Love,
Annie

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Muddster () on Tuesday, June 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Muddster

Bev...

Always know that Danu lives in your heart..... he will always be with you in each beat of the heart.

By: Anonymous: akelliot () on Tuesday, June 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM EDT  
Anonymous: akelliot

I lost my Gus, a black Miniature Schnauzer, on March 31, 2010. He was only 7 years old. He was diagnosed with lymphoma on August 4, 2009. I was told he would only live one to two months after diagnosis with no chemo. I felt it to be in the best interest of my boy not to torture him with further needles, tests and the side affects of the chemo. I put him on prednisone and a grain free, low carb diet and he lived over 8 months from the time I discovered the lumps under his jaw. He had very few days when he didn't feel well. Most of the time he played and harrassed his brother Max (a black and silver Miniature Schnauzer-aged 3 now). And I couldn't believe he was that sick. My vets were astounded that he did so well and felt so well for that length of time. We were able to keep him eating and keep his weight up and I was very blessed to have had him for so long. He went to join my husband, whom we lost 2 years ago. I am convinced Jim was missing him so much that he needed him there more than I needed him. Max and I are struggling to get into a routine and get along without our Gussie. He was a ver special little guy and will live in my heart forever. Thank you God for sharing this very special dog with us.

Anna and Max

Click on image to download

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Tuesday, June 22 2010 @ 02:45 PM EDT  
yalitldevl

awwww I'm so sorry for your loss akelliot of your very beautiful and beloved Gus. :cry1: I'm glad he had very few sick days after his diagnosis thanks to your loving care. He has a ton of lovely new playmates now and he's in perfect health

I hope you find comfort in that and in the memories you built together. Wub

Welcome to HWF also love

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, June 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM EDT  
MaryF

Anna..I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful dog. Like you say...your husband must have needed his company. You can gain a sense of peace knowing he is in the arms of one who loves him. Sad love

Bev, I am so sorry for your loss of Danu. :cry1: Whenever I would look at your avatar I knew that this gentle looking dog with the soulful eyes was something special! Now that I read your story I see how true that was. Did't he lead an extraordinary life?!! How wonderful that was for both you and him and you have such wonderful memories to cherish always.

I like to think that both of your "puppies" are having fun with my Maggie, over the Rainbow Bridge as they wait to be once more united with us. I lost her 2 years ago next month at nearly 18 and I still miss her so much. But I too have all my memories and will love her always. Wub

AKA purpleagle

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, June 22 2010 @ 03:05 PM EDT  
JudyB

Anna, I hope it's all right that I edited your post so everyone can see the pictures of Gus and Max. Gus does seem like a very special friend, and how wonderful that you were able to have him with you so much longer than the vet expected. love

Hugs to you and Max (who also seems like a very handsome fellow).

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: akelliot () on Tuesday, June 22 2010 @ 04:19 PM EDT  
Anonymous: akelliot

Thank you JudyB for putting the pics up. I didn't see how to do it so just did the attachments. Thank you all for your kind comments, I really appreciate it.

thanks,
Anna and Max

By: Diana-gogee (offline) on Tuesday, June 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM EDT  
Diana-gogee

Dear Bev and Anna... I know how hard it is to lose a pet...they are not just dogs and cats...they are part of our family and we love them so much.
Danu and Gus join their friends over the Rainbow Bridge and chase my beloved cat "PonPon" who I lost just before Xmas at the age of 21.

RIP Dear Friends!!!

Click on the picture to see and save the original size.

We shall overcome and I believe in miracles!

DIANA
Toronto, CANADA

Forum

Toronto

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:37 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate