Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 The Rainbow Bridge - For all our Pets who are waiting there.
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: jas () on Sunday, August 29 2010 @ 11:23 PM EDT  
Anonymous: jas

Gord, I am sorry that lucky has passed on. You created a beautiful memorial montage with your video. Lucky was sure 'lucky' to have found you and you him. May the memories remain in your heart forever. Now he is strolling in heavens gardens enjoying the sun and birds. May each day get a little brighter.

By: Diana-gogee (offline) on Monday, August 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM EDT  
Diana-gogee

Gord, I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute you put together for Lucky.
I watch the video few times with the tears in my eyes. It brought back lots of memories.
Click on image to download

We shall overcome and I believe in miracles!

DIANA
Toronto, CANADA

Forum

Toronto

Profile Email   PM

By: amykepler (offline) on Monday, August 30 2010 @ 05:29 PM EDT  
amykepler

Gord - My heart goes out to you in your time of grief. I know exactly how you feel. I just helped my oldest cat Sage pass over last Tuesday afternoon. My emotions are still a bit raw, so will post about him another time.

Just know that Lucky was truly blessed to have 3 wonderful years with such a loving family as yourselves. What a beautiful cat he was. May time ease the pain of loss, but let the memories bring you joy.

Amy

Forum

Toney, AL. U.S.A.

Profile Email   PM

By: Grubby (offline) on Tuesday, August 31 2010 @ 11:02 AM EDT  
Grubby

Dear Amy....

I am sorry to hear about your furry family friend.. Sage. When you are ready we will all be here for you. Our pets are just so special to us.

Take Care,
Diane

"Leave yesterday behind...Let HOPE guide you to a sunny tomorrow"
Diane~~~~Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: algonquinlover (offline) on Tuesday, August 31 2010 @ 05:07 PM EDT  
algonquinlover

JudyB, thank you, he was an amazing animal. It really does seem that "Lucky" was an appropriate name for both of us. Nodding yes

Kay, thank you. Yes, it is always difficult to lose pets we love but they are in a very happy place now, waiting for the day when we can join them again. Wub

Velma, thank you. Because of his wonderful character, he will be missed a lot. Red Heart

Bev, thank you again for your lovely words and card. Our beautiful pets always maintain a special place in our hearts. love

Diane, thank you for your kind words. It is amazing how our pets touch us so deeply. I have always loved that song as it is very moving, especially one of the last lines where she sings "if you touch me, you'll understand what happiness is". My daughter took most of those pictures and I was thankful she had them. Her favourite one was the real close up of him on the patio chair, looking right at the camera, paw hanging over the edge. Yes, we were all lucky to find each other. And his green eyes were quite striking. Nodding yes

Anna and Max, thank you. As he went to sleep, he sent a message to my daughter that he was thankful to us for releasing him from his predicament, and that he loved us. That brings me (and her) great comfort now. I, too, am sorry for all who have to endure the loss of their beloved pets. It sure helps to be surrounded by such loving and supportive people, like those found here. love

Lori, thank you again. I am glad you liked reading a bit more about him. He was very special so I had to do something to honour him, as best I could. Wub

Judy (jkr), thank you. He was loved by everyone who came in contact with him. It seemed to be his mission to meet as many people as he could, and to see and do everything he could get away with. Whenever I opened the front door, his tail would quiver so much with excitement, especially if I allowed him to go out onto the front porch, as I never let him go out there unsupervised. He thought he was getting away with something. Wooh I am positive if I had just let him go on his own, he would have gone and met all of the neighbours! LOL

Jas, thank you. He was special and deserved nothing less. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Smile

Diana(-gogee), thank you for your words and lovely card. I still can't watch the video without the tears flowing and don't know if I ever will. That song has so much more meaning to me now. Cry Hanky

Amy, thank you. And I am so sorry to hear of Sage passing too. It is always an extremely difficult time but we know the wonderful memories will replace the sorrow we feel now. My heart aches with yours. Whenever you are ready to post a bit more about Sage, I would love to read it. Wub

I would be remiss in not including Lori's special framed tribute to Lucky. She is amazing in all that she does for everyone on this site and her talents are endless. She is my wonderful friend and I can't thank her enough. Red Heart

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. ~Lao Tzu

Gord

Forum

Georgetown Ontario

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Tuesday, August 31 2010 @ 06:22 PM EDT  
yalitldevl

{{{{Amy}}}} love I'm so happy to see you here and supporting Gord. I'm also glad that you mentioned your sweet Sage. I'll be watching for your post and as I said on Sidney I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's a very hard decision to make and thing to do but it is done out of love and is selfless. That is something to be proud of and your beloved Sage would thank you for.

aww thanks Gord for your sweet words, you're more than welcome I'd do anything for you my friend Wub

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: sandra gee (offline) on Wednesday, September 01 2010 @ 11:09 AM EDT  
sandra gee

Hi Gord, I wanted to add my condolences here as well in the loss of your 'Lucky'. I watched the video and the love you have for him is very evident. Wooh those green eyes are amazing. Your heartfelt tribute to him was purely a 'love story' Red Heart. Although 3 years is not an overly long time I'm sure Lucky felt blessed with having the BEST 3 years of his life with you. I hope you find comfort in knowing that by now he's romping around with all of our other pets who now reside at the Rainbow Bridge.

My thoughts are with you Red Heart.....Sandra.

Amy, my condolences to you as well in the loss of your Sage (what a beautiful name!). I look forward to reading your story too.

Sandra, Nanaimo BC
Member since Spring, 2006
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"
Song for Sean, John Lennon

Forum

Nanaimo, B.C. Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Diana-gogee (offline) on Wednesday, September 01 2010 @ 04:13 PM EDT  
Diana-gogee

Amy, I am sorry to hear about your cat Sage. As a big cat lover my self I know how hard it is. I share your pain.
When you feel comfortable please post a picture of him, I like to add him to our Rainbow Bridge collage.

We shall overcome and I believe in miracles!

DIANA
Toronto, CANADA

Forum

Toronto

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 07:55 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate