Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 The Rainbow Bridge - For all our Pets who are waiting there.
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, August 13 2010 @ 07:04 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

JILL ~~~My Sheltie Bandit , before my beloved Danu was was brown, sable and white . I still have many happy memories of him also. I don't think we ever forget out furry family members. They will always have a special place in out hearts. Thank you for sharing Rupert with me .Red Heart He sounds like he was a wonderful friend . Nodding yes

ScottishLass~~~We all realize how difficult this is for you ! Take your time and we are here if you need us. Wub

Lori ~ Thank you for your kindness and caring about my precious Danu !! Danu loved everyone he met and he assumed they all loved him. Wub

.~~ Bev 2009.

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: Grubby (offline) on Friday, August 13 2010 @ 11:08 AM EDT  
Grubby

Hello Everyone,
I come to The Rainbow Bridge every so often. This will be my first time to actually post here.

I want to tell all of you wonderful animal loving people that I am truly sorry.. from the bottom of my heart.. the loss you have all had to carry with the loss of a friend and family member. Our furry and feathered friends are the best. They love us and are devoted to us as we are to them.

It has been about 8 yrs since I had to experience the loss of one of our furry family members. But the pain will always be there even if it subsides some.. it is always there. but... we all have such fond and loving and funny memories and videos and photos of them to keep them even closer to our hearts. Red Heart

I now have 2 labs.. Jackson(yellow and my Avatar) he will be 9 yrs.in Sept. and Rocky(chocolate) is now 8 1/2 yrs. Getting up there in age for labs.

Well.. that's all for now. Just keep those loving and funny memories close to your heart! Red Heart

Diane

Click on image to download

"Leave yesterday behind...Let HOPE guide you to a sunny tomorrow"
Diane~~~~Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, August 13 2010 @ 10:06 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

:helloGriniane ~~ Thank you for coming here and leaving such a touching post and beautiful card ! Sorry for your loss also ! :cry1: I know how much you love Jackson and Rocky and how much they are a part of your family . Enjoy everyday with them as i know you do ! Smile

Hugs Bev.

.~~ Bev 2009.

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, August 13 2010 @ 10:15 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Hi All......I also come in here frequently and wish everyone who posts here peace, joy and remembrance of their beautiful pets.

My last Golden Retriever, Brandi, passed away 5 years ago abruptly of cancer. She actually died on the date (not same year) that my mom also passed away. It was two days from diagnosis to her passing. She was the sweetest golden retriever ever! I do know how the loss feels and always kept her bed by the back door, waiting for her. Everyone loved Brandi.

Now as many of you know I have Bleu, my 3 year old Golden Retriever. She is a therapy dog and so sweet. Life has gone on and I have infinite joy with her. The impact that dogs or kitties or any other pet exert on our lives and the lives of others is profound. People who are not animal lovers do not "get" the bond we have and how it transcends understanding, but those of you here do understand and I cherish the warm vibes I feel. It is funny, but not funny, how so many true animal lovers also are lovers of eagles and other wildlife, even frogs and toads as in Grubby's case! We are blessed to have this spot to post our thoughts so warm thought to all y'all for a happy tomorrow and new furry friends.

with love,
carolyn

Stop, look and listen, hear the whispers of joy.
Round and about here since Sept. 2009
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, August 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Hi Carolyn ~ Thank you for your post . So sad about Brandi but like Danu she didn't suffer.Your kind words mean a lot to everyone who visits here. We all love Bleu Smile You and her contribute so much to the Seniors that you visit. Left thumb up

.~~ Bev 2009.

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: garyandjudi (offline) on Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 11:44 AM EDT  
garyandjudi

Our deapest sympathy to Gord (Rusty) for the loss of his beloved boy cat Lucky. Now he's at Rainbow Ridge Gord he will be pain free and romp the meadows with all the other beloved pets who have passed that Rainbow Bridge to Rainbow Ridge and be so happy that you loved him and Isis loved him and the world will be full of love and tears until the pain of his departure subsides. It's always sad to loose a member of your family who you have saved and nutured but life goes on and Lucky is now without pain and happy you loved him.

judi.....of garyandjudi
I am an Eagle Lover

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: algonquinlover (offline) on Sunday, August 29 2010 @ 03:12 PM EDT  
algonquinlover

Thank you very much, Judy.

He sure will be missed by a lot of people. To know him was to love him. He was an amazing aninmal. Smile

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. ~Lao Tzu

Gord

Forum

Georgetown Ontario

Profile Email   PM

By: algonquinlover (offline) on Sunday, August 29 2010 @ 03:12 PM EDT  
algonquinlover

LUCKY’S LIFE AND PERSONALITY

Unfortunately, as a lot of you know, my cat Lucky was diagnosed with feline leukemia last week. I, and my beautiful daughter Sandy, had to help him cross the Rainbow Bridge, where he will forever be his former bouncy and incredible self.

As soon as we walked into the cat room at the shelter 3 years ago, he hopped down off one of the cat stands, walked over to my daughter and me, and started to lick my leg and foot, as I was wearing sandals at the time. He then lay down on my foot and kept looking at me and her as if to say “when do we leave”? The decision was made for us!

He was named Tommy at the shelter, but he did not look like a Tommy to us. We were struck immediately with his magnificent green eyes, and I said to my daughter that the colour was like "the luck of the Irish" and the Emerald Isle. Hence, he would now be known as "Lucky".

He was always a very vocal boy. He would greet me with meows, “blurts” and purrs, every time he saw me. When he heard the garage door open, he knew I was home and was always at the door leading to the garage. His tail would quiver excitedly when I walked in and he would look at me and greet me with one of his many sounds, then run excitedly down the hall in front of me as I walked towards the kitchen, constantly looking back to make sure I was still coming.

Whenever I went to bed, it would not be long before I would feel the bed shake as his 18 lbs. of furry muscle jumped on it and lumbered up from the foot of the bed. He would take up the same position every night, initially standing there staring at me in the dark, then turning 180 degrees and plunking himself down hard against the right side of my chest, purring contently and loudly. In the morning, he would be on the floor, waiting for me to wake up. If I was too late for his liking, he would initiate the contact to ensure I wasn’t going to sleep much longer by jumping on the bed and putting his paw in my face repeatedly until you said “OK, I’m awake”. On the mornings I lay there too long on my back, he would climb onto my chest and lay down, purring loudly and staring right at me, inches from my nose. You can’t lay there too long with 18 lbs. of furry feline pressing down on your chest!

Meal times were an event for him. At breakfast and dinner, he was so excited to get his plate of food. His tail would quiver and I would be urged to get the food to him with numerous meows and “blurts”. He would even get on his hind legs at my request of “up”, as I held the plate about 3 feet off the floor at his feeding area. And every time I brought home one of those cooked chickens from the store (ostensibly for myself for dinner but they knew better), he and Isis (my other cat) would greet me at the garage door as always. But as soon as they smelled that chicken, there was a cacophony of excited meows and “blurts” from both of them, but mostly from him, as she is more reserved (or maybe that should read “dignified”).

He was a very people oriented cat. He was forever curious as to who was at the door, and would run to it every time he heard someone there. If he knew the person, his tail would quiver repeatedly as you opened the door. He recognized certain people through the glass and would show his excitement, especially to my daughter Sandy.

He loved going into the back yard, where it is enclosed by a large fence. He delighted in going after mice, rabbits and chipmunks, never catching the latter two, and usually just toying with the former. He would watch the birds at my feeder but would never go after them. He loved laying down in the bushes at the back of the yard, and when he heard me near the patio door (and he wanted to come in), he would emerge from his sanctuary and proceed to walk slowly across the grass, meowing loudly as he came. If my neighbour was outside when he was out there, and she heard him meowing, she would call his name and he would go over to the fence and stick his nose through so she could pet him.

He was the most affectionate cat I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and loving. He always wanted to get in my lap, whether I was reading the paper, watching TV or trying to type on the computer. If I was on the computer, he would jump on the bed directly behind me, sitting there staring at me and if I did not acknowledge his presence within his pre-determined time limits, would start head butting me to get me to turn around to pet him, followed by a throaty “blurt” if I did so. If I did not acknowledge him quickly enough to his liking, he would simply step over my arm, onto the keyboard shelf and up onto the computer desk, blocking the screen with his rather large body, turning around to stare at me, tail quivering away. When I told him to get down, he would step back onto the keyboard shelf and proceed to lay down with his head always in the crook of my left elbow, body splayed across the keyboard. That is not exactly what I had in mind about him getting down! Loud purring and a contented gaze would greet me immediately thereafter. How do you say no to that? Some times he would even reach up with his paw and gently touch my face. I noticed he was doing that more during the last weeks of his life, like he knew there was something wrong with him.

He was a very aware cat, always looking at me when I spoke to him, like he was really listening to my words. This was very apparent in the last 2 days of his life. He knew what had to be done and he conveyed that message to me through his pleading eyes.

He is gone, but he will never be forgotten. We only had 3 short years together, but he packed so much love into those 3 years.

The following is the tribute made for me by Anna, with Lori’s framed shots of him starting and ending the slideshow. Thank you to everyone who expressed their good wishes and sadness to me. It made a world of difference at this very difficult time. He was a very unique boy, and will be sorely missed.

Out TRIBUTE TO LUCKY Song is "Memory" from the musical "Cats" sung by Elaine Paige.

‘Till we meet again, my beautiful and furry friend!

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. ~Lao Tzu

Gord

Forum

Georgetown Ontario

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:31 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate