Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 The Rainbow Bridge - For all our Pets who are waiting there.
 |  Printable Version
By: Diana-gogee (offline) on Saturday, August 07 2010 @ 10:47 AM EDT  
Diana-gogee

waveSandra I am so sorry to hear about Bailey and Trixie. It's so hard to let go of our best friends. I feel the pain in my heart. Big hugs to your cousin and your neighbor Aileen,
I add their pictures to our Rainbow Bridge collage with love Now they are playing with all their friends over the Rainbow bridge.
Click on the picture to see and save the full size.

Click on image to download

We shall overcome and I believe in miracles!

DIANA
Toronto, CANADA

Forum

Toronto

Profile Email   PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Saturday, August 07 2010 @ 04:07 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

Minnie as a puppy
Minnie June 2010 on "her man's" lap

Minnie 2/11/98-8/3/2010

My nickname for Minnie, our beloved Miniature Toy Poodle was "Little Thang". She became a part of our famiy at the end of March of 1998 when we celebrated our Family Birthday, the date when the adoption of our daughter was finalized in 1994. She quickly became my husband's shadow, seemingly living and breathing for "her man". He often felt he had grown another appendage, she was so often in his lap. Heaven help the fool who got in her way when she ran to greet him at the door upon returning from work. Minnie had a way of begging, sitting on her hind legs, and waving her front paws up and down. This was most often done when we had any visitors, including plumbers, repairmen, and the occasional religious missionary at the door. Most often however she begged for Goldfish, her favorite food. I swear that dog could hear you opening up the Goldfish box a mile away, and there she'd be in a micro-second, at your feet and doing that cute, manipulative begging. I loved that, and the way her ears would flop up and down when she ran. I guess you could say "ran", but it was more like a rabbit hop.....How my heart aches to see this. Minnie's health began to decline a few months ago, and she was diagnosed with Conjestive Heart Failure. Of late, she hadn't been her normal self, and little did I or the vets know that she was going into renal failure. Tuesday afternoon she suddenly went into multiple organ failure. My husband who is seldom home ill missing work was fortunately with us Tuesday. "Her man" and I held her and loved her while the vet ended her sufferring. We will hear and see her, but know it now is just memories. She has joined Biscuit and Rupert in the hereafter.
My heartfelt thanks to IrishEyes who led me to this thread.

Forum

Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, August 07 2010 @ 04:46 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

JILL

I am so sorry for the loss of "LittleThang" :cry1: You and your family will always have your wonderful memories and she will be be part of your lives forever. She was a dear and loving member of your family !! Your story touched my heart in so many ways .:cry1: The pictures you posted of her tells it all. Hope you find comfort knowing that others care and are here for you .Smile

Much love and hugs My Friend ~Red Heart

Helpful Hints ~~ Bev 2009

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, August 07 2010 @ 04:56 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Hi Sandra ~

Please accept my sincere sorrow to you, friends and families of Trixie and Bailey. Such loving and wonderful family members. We are all so fortunate to have this place to come to and know that others care .

Hugs Bev .

Helpful Hints ~~ Bev 2009

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Saturday, August 07 2010 @ 07:29 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

Bev, thank you for the beautiful card and poem, and your thoughtful words. Red Heart

Forum

Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Sunday, August 08 2010 @ 10:25 AM EDT  
yalitldevl

ohhh Jill I cried like a child when I read you're tribute to precious "Little Thang" Minnie. :cry1: You brought her clearly to my eyes and I could just picture her sweet actions. She is and forever more will be a very sweet baby. "Her Man" was meant to be there and so he was...all was as it was supposed to be. I'll be thinking of you both during this tough time. I made you and "her man" this of Sweet Thang, it means she has a bottomless bag of Goldfish Wub

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: sandra gee (offline) on Sunday, August 08 2010 @ 12:32 PM EDT  
sandra gee

Diana, thank you so much for adding Bailey and Trixie to the collage. I'll make sure my family and Aileen see what you've done for them. I know you will have touched their hearts.

Oh gosh Jill, I'm so sorry to hear about your Minnie. As you were telling us about her I got a chuckle out of a visual of the plumber or repairmen trying to do their repairs with Minnie sitting there waving her little paws in front of them love. I think all of us would give just about anything to spend one more day with our little friends, thank God we have our memories Red Heart!!!. I'm so glad 'her man' was with her as well as she began her journey to the Rainbow Bridge .......it was meant to be that he be there for her, she would have wanted that.

Lori, what a sweet and fitting frame you added to Minnie's photo, I'm sure Jill will be touched when she sees it.

Bev..... Thank you so much for your sentiments, kind thoughts and your verses.... I have 'saved' them....love, and will also make everyone reads them.

It's absolutely impossible to come in here and keep a dry eye......:cry1:

Sandra, Nanaimo BC
Member since Spring, 2006
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"
Song for Sean, John Lennon

Forum

Nanaimo, B.C. Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Sunday, August 08 2010 @ 01:47 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

Lori, how in the world can we thank you enough for the wonderful picture and perfect frame of Minnie? Talk about tears, I broke down and cried with gratitude. I don't have the computer skills to have done such a thing, but there you went, reading my mind, and produced something absolutely perfect! We are in the process now of printing it so we can frame it and put it in our home to remember little Minnie. Thank you so very very much. It touched us deepy to say the least.
Diana, thank you so much for adding Minnie to the collage. It means so much.
Thank you Sandra for your kind thoughts. I know you are also grieving your own loss of Misha, Trixie, and Bailey. All this hits right at the gut!
Bev, your help in changing my Avatar and kind support has been, well, I can't even come up with the words. Thank you so much my friend.
It is so refreshing and uplifting to me that there are such kind souls such as you. You have helped me in my deepest grief, and for this will always have my heartfelt gratitude. Bless each and every one of you, Jill Red Heart

Forum

Texas

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:29 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate