Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Roberts Bay Bald Eagles -Sidney BC- 2016-2017 Season
 |  Printable Version
By: sassyk (offline) on Monday, June 05 2017 @ 04:30 PM EDT  
sassyk

Sandra I watched Christian's video and the first thing it showed was the hawklet pooping Grin What goes in must come out Wink What fun it will be to watch the hawklet as it grows and develops Left thumb up

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because
then you won't have a leg to stand on! ~ Author Unknown

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Monday, June 05 2017 @ 04:57 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Thanks for the wonderful pictures, videos and information on this nest. It's a joy to see this. Lynda and Ian much appreciation for all you do, Kay your pictures are just fine, Christian I could not view your video but am sure it was great. Life is always full of unexpected surprises. Smile
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: rosanainacio (offline) on Monday, June 05 2017 @ 06:04 PM EDT  
rosanainacio

Hello all;

Just wanted to say thanks to Lynda and Ian.....was a pity we could not meet yesterday, but we will meet soon. Thank you for all you do for this nest.

what an experience to see this nest and it`s babies. Nobody knows exactly how this baby ended up there, but I chose only to celebrate that he did and is well.

The funny part? He thinks he is an Eagle LOL and Mamma thinks he is too Smile

Cheers everyone, may the future for them be full of joy.

Rosana Inacio

Forum

Surrey, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Sandy (offline) on Monday, June 05 2017 @ 06:50 PM EDT  
Sandy

Wow
First time on this site and I was blown away when I saw the hawk.
This is just amazing.
Correct me if I am wrong but one of the parents brought the hawk to the nest as food?
The wonders of nature.

Here we are in this world doing everything we can to make away with each other because of our beliefs etc and look at this nest.
Too bad the leaders of this world cannot take a minute out of their bush schedule and check out this nest.

The Hancock Wildlife Organization must be going wild.

Nature is truly a wonder to behold.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures.

SandySmileThank You

aka Maggie1

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Monday, June 05 2017 @ 07:23 PM EDT  
elle

Quote by: rosanainacio

Just wanted to say thanks to Lynda and Ian.....was a pity we could not meet yesterday, but we will meet soon. Thank you for all you do for this nest.

Yes it was a pity, Rosana, but yes we will see you soon and we look forward to it.
I am so glad your day visit was all you could have imagined and more. It was a gorgeous day for it too.
It was just lucky Ian and I saw what we did when we did. If we had not been picking up my sister-in-law from the airport last Wednesday afternoon we probably would not have visited Roberts Bay that day. It was meant to be.
Thanks to Christian too for the video and commentary from yesterday.
I know you made a rush visit to Sidney because you are going away and also because who knows what might happen from one day to the next at that nest.
My company is keeping me very busy but I hope to get out there this week before we take the Brentwood Ferry to Mill Bay for the day.
Have a wonderful trip.

Hi Sandra and Sandy and Carolyn and Kay.

Sandy: Yes, it is somewhat mindblowing isn't it. Smile Talons crossed for a good outcome. No it is unlikely the hawklet was brought in as food but more likely the hawklets mother was brought in, dead or dying, and she was just about to lay an egg and the rest is history! The hawk egg was incubated by the eagles and hatched in the nest and they are caring for it as their own.

My Youtube videos have gone wild!

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Annemie (offline) on Monday, June 05 2017 @ 08:03 PM EDT  
Annemie

wave Hi everyone

Elle, Kay, Christian and David thank you all for the awesome pictures, videos and information I just loved it. WooHoo
(I hope I did not forget anyone.)

I sure hope that that little beautiful hawk is going to have a normal life when it is time to leave the nest. Red Heart

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Monday, June 05 2017 @ 08:09 PM EDT  
elle

Hi Annemie. Thank you for your comment. This discovery has certainly brought new enthusiasm to the nest. Grin

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Monday, June 05 2017 @ 08:18 PM EDT  
sassyk

Thanks Annemie glad you are enjoying watching this new 'blended family'. Isn't nature wonderful Wub

elle I was planning to go out last Tues. to visit the nests on the peninsula but that day we had thunder, lightning, rain and wind Oh My So it just wasn't meant to be for me Sad So glad you were able to go and document this amazing event Left thumb up

I have uploaded another video (it's taking sooooo long) Video Camera The little hawklet is not visible in most of my videos, which I took during my early afternoon visit.

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because
then you won't have a leg to stand on! ~ Author Unknown

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:19 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate