Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Roberts Bay Bald Eagles -Sidney BC- 2016-2017 Season
 |  Printable Version
By: annettemarc (offline) on Monday, June 26 2017 @ 01:37 PM EDT  
annettemarc

Quote by: Woodlands Bleu

Totally endearing Lynda....The video, the looks, just shows what we know they are feeling. Priceless!
Let's see.......

I sit by your side, knowing you are there,
My siblings are flapping, look at them go!

My wings are not that big, yet I can glide, swoop and land,
right here by your side.
carolyn

Beautifully said.

When I see the little hawk looking so confident alongside the mother eagle, I think of this:
Click on image to download

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: catspairadice (offline) on Monday, June 26 2017 @ 02:34 PM EDT  
catspairadice

Elle, thank you for sharing such a precious video of Mom & Spunky time, plus all those great pictures. I especially love the first picture of Spunky sitting on the little branch with the eaglets looking towards him. i know I am putting human emotions on them, but it looks like they are looking at him with awe, wondering how such a little guy can fly & they can't yet. lol

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Nora (offline) on Monday, June 26 2017 @ 02:35 PM EDT  
Nora

Hello, Thank you elle for those wonderful photos. Sorry I missed you at the nest. Hi to Kay, yes we did meet a long time ago. Thank you also for your photos and video Kay they are lovely.. I really enjoy all the sharing and feeling of community on this forum.

I have put 7 exciting videos on my YouTube of the young hawk mantling over food and winning the war over the food from yesterday am. In one of them the mother comes flying in also. The quality of my video is not as good as Lynda's. Your video is so excellent Lynda. I love your YouTube site.

oh this is the link to islandrambles YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/islandramb ... sults_main

This is the link to my blog Island Rambles and I will put the photos there as soon as I look at them.

http://islandrambles.blogspot.ca/

I will try to put a picture in here but I am very stupid at this picture stuff here.
Click on image to download

aka oldocean

Forum

By: elle (offline) on Monday, June 26 2017 @ 03:03 PM EDT  
elle

Oh you are too kind, Nora. But thank you.
Your videos are marvelous. No one has recorded mantling before. It continues to astound how placid these eaglets are. You captured it well. Bravo!

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Monday, June 26 2017 @ 03:59 PM EDT  
sassyk

wave Nora. Thanks for you kind comment re my photos & videos. Your photos are fantastic and I enjoyed watching your videos of Spunky mantling. Feisty little hawk, isn't s/he Wub If all goes as planned today, I am going to visit the nest area this evening fingers crossed

I've uploaded a few more videos to my YouTube channel here and will be uploading more as time permits.

I uploaded this video last night; I recorded it on June 14th and you can see how much little Spunky has grown and developed in 12 days.

Video Camera

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because
then you won't have a leg to stand on! ~ Author Unknown

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: NestFriend (offline) on Monday, June 26 2017 @ 04:11 PM EDT  
NestFriend

I loved the pictures and videos. They are all so precious. Wub Thanks Elle and Nora!

Spunky's mantel is so adorable. Looks like it caught the eaglets by surprise new learning experience for them. Mom and dad will have an easy time...Sparky has been teaching them how to be an eagle!

Sassyk, I could not find your new video at the link you provided. I'll try later on...

Forum

Profile     PM

By: rainna4 (offline) on Monday, June 26 2017 @ 04:42 PM EDT  
rainna4

Nora, thank you for such beautiful video's and pictures. This nest has brought so many people together all in the name of Nature! So enjoyable to see this co-habitation, spunky teaches the eagles and then the eagles teach spunky.

Also Terry V. has updated some info on his blog from a visit this morning. Again just beautiful !

sassyk, my how he has grown and looks so mature now from just shy of two weeks ago, thanks for the video. I feel like a sponge as I just can't seem to get enough of Spunky and the eagle family!

Rainna

To teach is to
* touch a life forever *

author: unknown

Forum

Little Chute, WI

Profile Email   PM

By: Susan (offline) on Monday, June 26 2017 @ 05:17 PM EDT  
Susan

wave

As ecstatic as I am in knowing Spunky is thriving with his adopted family, I can't help but be concerned for his future well being.

I don't want to be a downer, but isn't it true that fish isn't a food source for hawks? I was under the impression their diet is mainly small mammals like moles, squirrels, mice etc but not fish. Since his diet thus far has been fish (I think) how will he fare when he leaves for good?

Any thoughts? I'm not sure how he will know how to hunt on his own because he hasn't been exposed to hunting for rodents. Dunno

Sue D:

aka Sue D

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:09 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate