Forum Index > Other Birds and Wildlife > Other Wildlife
 Other Wildlife Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM EST (Read 19181 times)  
jkr

This thread is for discussion of issues which cover wildlife in general or for discussion of a specific species which does not have a dedicated topic/thread.

If a thread does not exist for the species you would like to discuss in more depth, please pm a Moderator and request a thread be created.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: soph9 (offline) on Thursday, January 28 2010 @ 09:52 PM EST  
soph9

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: soph9 (offline) on Thursday, January 28 2010 @ 09:59 PM EST  
soph9

they are sooooooooooooooo cute...cam refreshes every minute....Click on image to download

Click on image to downloadClick on image to download

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: eiguoc (offline) on Sunday, January 31 2010 @ 06:49 PM EST  
eiguoc

I've completely forgotten about this cam. I've added to my favourites. Thanks

Pat=photographer & cat mom
Pardon my shortening memory
Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: PacNorWest (offline) on Friday, February 05 2010 @ 07:55 PM EST  
PacNorWest

Yesterday, while watching a Northern Harrier in the Skagit Valley {North West Washington State}, there was a splash in the nearby slough. At that moment I watched three River Otters stalk, and then snatch a duck. Light was very bad {looking into the morning sun}, but I think it was a Mallard. One dragged it into the brambles while the other two snorted and splashed. Here are three pictures I got. Click photos bigger.
Click on image to download

Doug
Bellingham, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eiguoc (offline) on Saturday, February 06 2010 @ 07:45 AM EST  
eiguoc

They are the most beautiful creatures to watch in the water. The only place I ever got to see them was in Algonquin Park in Ontario. A few years ago when we were having a huge over abundance of lady bugs we watched them jumping & playing, snatching at the bugs.I wished I had a digital back then

Pat=photographer & cat mom
Pardon my shortening memory
Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Tsebitai () on Saturday, February 20 2010 @ 03:21 PM EST  
Anonymous: Tsebitai

http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/efc/ ... r_cam.aspx

A five-week-old female sea otter was discovered floundering around in Morro Bay, California in early January. The young otter was crying and desperately trying to climb on adult females, seeking her missing mother. Already occupied with their own pups, the adult otters repeatedly pushed the interloper away. With things looking increasingly desperate, staff decided to rescue the pup and bring her back to the Aquarium.

On February 18, otter number 479—now officially known as “Kit,” Watch 11-week-old Kit and her 9-year-old companion, Mae, as they eat, sleep and play at the Aquarium's sea otter exhibit, or via the live web cam.

By: Anonymous: Junie () on Friday, March 12 2010 @ 12:46 PM EST  
Anonymous: Junie

I posted this article on Wildlife news. I :dunno:where article ended up but wasn't on the forum I posted on Help emo

world news media reports - 11 Rare Siberian tigers have died over the last three months at a zoo - forest parkland in north - eastern China. Link to article below -
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8563673.stm

Ironically WWF scientist captured footage of rare Sumatran mother tiger and her two cubs. link for video below -

http://www.worldwildlife.org/who/media/ ... 14779.html

Please act now and contact WWF and Worldlife Fund for Animal Welfare....about this article and the issues' affecting these rare and endangered tiger species...every voice counts...Thank You

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:12 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate