Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 Eagleholics Anonymous ~ 2016
 |  Printable Version
By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Wednesday, December 23 2015 @ 01:20 PM EST (Read 65214 times)  
AnniesKatz

Click on image to download

The 12 Steps of Eagle-holics as posted by Click on image to download
(thought you might like to see her avatar again).

1: We admitted we were powerless over eagles--that our lives had become unmanageable.
2: Came to believe that an eagle greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3: Made a decision to turn our eyes over to the cam and board as we understood it.
4: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our fellow posters.
5: Admitted to the eagles, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our postings.
6: Were entirely ready to have the eagles remove all these defects of character.
7: Humbly asked the eagles to remove our shortcomings.
8: Made a list of all eagles we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all via habitat conservation.
9: Made direct amends to such eagles wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or other eagles.
10: Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly helped an eagle.
11: Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the eagles praying only for knowledge of their will for us, and the power to carry that out.
12: Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to eagle-holics everywhere, and to practice these principles in all our postings.

This thread is for all eagle lovers to discuss our eagles or anything we want and to stay in touch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COPYRIGHT ISSUES

Do not post just any photos found on the web, if you didn't take it, it's safer not to post it! If you have permission to use something then attach the written permission to the photo or post a link to it! Check your first few posts here and if pics don't belong to you remove them please.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Wednesday, December 30 2015 @ 08:27 PM EST  
deewerms

it is still freezing cold here, but they say we will get a little warmer tonight but light rain will keep everything frozen out there i'm afraid, i don't think we will get much melting going on. i am working tomorrow and have an early apt. first at Dr at 11:30, so i'll have to get out there early with my pick-axe Wink

Scott, nice bear update ty. Holly was pretty small then, and cute, still is. Wub

Elle, i am glad Panda gained some more weight, my two horses need to lose some, (as do I Wink ) especially Snoopy, he is around 17 lbs. i am trying to cut down on their treats fingers crossed wow, your poor bro, has some shoveling ahead of him, i need a blow torch out here, we only got about 2" of sleet-snow here thankfully, and it was thick and solid ice by mid-morning, kept hoping it would melt but no way, still is all frozen out there. tonight a supposed little warm-up to around 40, light rain. good that earthquake was just a mild one, very glad you all are alright. hope ma and pa are also fingers crossed

Naoma, it was only about 2" and was so frozen in the morning you had a shovel full of heavy ice blocks Faint could hardly clean off my porch and steps, and started on the walk but landlord told me to get inside, he would get it with the plow Clapping i was so happy, my back was breaking with every shovel full and chopping away Don't Panic i am praying for you all in the paths of flooding, terrible that little tree is another savior of mine, in the shed all year then pull tree up out of box, plug in and straighten a few ornaments and i'm good to go :tree no big job and big tree taking too much room in my small pace, fits perfectly on my kitchen table, except Missy doesn't like it cause it blocks half her view looking out the window, which she isn't allowed to be on table or near that window, but of course when i'm not there she's right up there waiting for me after work Titter and Snoopy usually right beside her Nodding yes amazing pics you got at the dam yesterday, looks so powerful a force!

Linda, geez, this weather has to get better for all you down there Sad such nasty flooding it is terrible. was on the early morning news how Mo and Miss. had 22feet over the normal many years ago, hope it all calms down very soon, will keep you all in my prayers. i will try to get in here tomorrow night, New Years eve to read your post, depends how i feel after work, sometimes i am so tired i fall onto my couch right away and doze right off, tough to get old Grin happy New Year

Annie, ty and yes, i vote to keep Lori's 12 steps Left thumb up happy new year

i may not get here tomorrow night after work so i am wishing all my friends here a very happy, healthy and great new year

Click on image to download

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Wednesday, December 30 2015 @ 09:24 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

What a year it has been around the world, in our Countries and here with our Eagleholic family. Whatever life throws at us we still have hope and can be thankful we have each other and our families. Thank you FriendsRed Heart for being here through all the ups and downs. Your friendship and caring means the world.
I'm wishing and praying for a Happy and Healthy 2016 for us all.

A look backOut EA 2015

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Wednesday, December 30 2015 @ 09:59 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

rsv'd

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, December 30 2015 @ 10:40 PM EST  
JudyB

Here's to a Bit More Smooth with the Rough!

Hi everyone! The title is from a poem by Cicely Fox Smith, one of my husband Charlie's favorite nautical poets - and I think we're all hoping for a more mellow year at all of our nests in 2016, though they all really did very well, with two new juvies each from Harrison Mills, Lafarge and White Rock - and Ma and Pa Delta 2 are back healthy and strong after taking a year off so Ma's leg could heal.

It is the eve of New Year's Eve - with about 30 more hours for those in BC to make a donation that can be deducted from this year's taxes (HWF is a "Not-for-Profit" Society in Canada) - and we would love some end-of-the-year donations no matter where you are in the world. Smile

You could adopt one of our four nests - click here for more info and some really neat pictures from the nests

You could join our monthly donor program and help with the monthly expenses involved in keeping the forum and website online - click here for more info and a fantastic picture of a chick breaking out of an egg

Or you could just donate whatever feels right, using the convenient CanadaHelps button

And for those who would like to know more about CanadaHelps, we have that information here.

The eagles are getting ready for 2016 -

Won't you help us get ready too?

Thank you all, for all you do!

And Happy New Year! from all of us at Hancock Wildlife!

~~~~~~~

Photo credits (and the picture clicks bigger)
Harrison Mills/IrishEyes - Delta 2/sydie
Lafarge/mjb - White Rock/AnniesKatz

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: elle (offline) on Thursday, December 31 2015 @ 12:28 PM EST  
elle

Yes , definitely keep the 12 Steps. It is the foundation of this thread.

And Linda: I will be thinking of you and Lynn today.
Congrats to Stacy and Jimmy, too. Have they set a date?
Lots to look forward to in the New Year for your family.
One more sleep to the New Year. 3 more sleeps to Downton Abbey Smile
Yes The Danish Girl is a true story.
We are going out for dinner this evening and then hopefully wake up refreshed in the New Year because we have company coming at 11:00 a.m.
Celebrate safely everyone. waveOut

We and the animals are in the same boat. We're one family, really. - Jane Goodall

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Iona (offline) on Thursday, December 31 2015 @ 02:43 PM EST  
Iona

Hey Scott Truth be known, I hope we don't get any snow, but by the end of winter, we get a lot. I check one link and it said 35" is average for winter, and largest one day was 23". We are in the prime snowbelt,, and right on top of the highest hill in the area. Lots of lake effect snow. I think our record for one year was 125".

Hoping for great news from Linda

See ya later Love and hugs to all

Chardon Ohio
35 miles south east of Cleveland

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Iona (offline) on Thursday, December 31 2015 @ 02:48 PM EST  
Iona

Oh the shame Forgot to say thanks Annie for opening our new forum. Byebye

Chardon Ohio
35 miles south east of Cleveland

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:48 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate