Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Eagle Cams
 Norfolk Eagles--2015/17
 |  Printable Version
By: MaryF (offline) on Thursday, October 08 2015 @ 12:37 AM EDT (Read 12984 times)  
MaryF

I'm going to add the new season to this thread (2016/17). Please feel free to post anything Norfolk here! The new season starts HERE --

forum/viewtopic.php?topic=911672#911672

--------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to a new thread for 2015/16 where you may post pictures and observations of any of our Norfolk eagles. Since there are no cams there at this time, I invite any of the photographers who live in or visit the area to post here.

We hope to see news of Dad Norfolk and his new mate and daughter, HE, from the 2009 NBG nest. Last season they built a new nest on private property and at this time the owners do not wish to have a cam on the nest. We do have some excellent photographers and observers who go to the nest and hope to see them post here.

Unfortunately we have lost beautiful HE in an accident with a vehicle. Sad Our Dad has once again begun the search for a new mate---stay tuned

Click on image to download

- Handsome Dad Norfolk on his new nest -- copyright Carol Senechal

- Beautiful HE -- copyright Carol Senechal

[/b]Last season (2014/15) the surprise couple of the year raised and successfully fledged one fine looking eaglet who was nicknamed Wilson/Miracle, on May 29, 2015.

- Wilson/Miracle Courtesy of and property of Pam Monahan

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Thursday, October 08 2015 @ 12:38 AM EDT  
MaryF

Also we hope that our eagle watchers will post observations of HE's brother HK from the 2009 nest and/or any other of Mom Norfolk's kids that might happen by! Grin

HK and a banded female named Sterling have been keeping company at Honey Bee Golf Course since 2011 where HK built a nest but it has not been used for raising eaglets -- yet.

HK and Sterling (not on HK's nest) - copyright Pam Monahan

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Thursday, October 08 2015 @ 12:38 AM EDT  
MaryF

Finally I would love to see anything interesting concerning eagles from the Wildlife Center of Virginia which is so closely connected with the NBG/Norfolk eagles. This is where Mom's last trio of eaglet's, the Rock Stars, were raised successfully and released after Mom's untimely death.

The WCV is also the permanent home of the famous Buddy who was the NBG nest's only eaglet from the 2008 season. He is unreleaseable because a bout of Avian pox left him with a permanently twisted beak. This beak needs to be trimmed constantly in order for Buddy to eat. He is the ambassador and educational eagle for the WCV

Handsome Buddy -- courtesy of the Wildlife Center of Virginia

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Thursday, October 08 2015 @ 12:41 AM EDT  
MaryF

reserved

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, October 08 2015 @ 10:05 AM EDT  
JudyB

Thank you so much for setting up this new thread, Mary - and I am so thrilled that we got to see Dad and his new mate nest and successfully raise a chick last year, through the eyes of the wonderful observers, photographers and videographers in the area.

And putting on my admin hat for a minute, I'd like to post a reminder for the record that all photographs are considered copyrighted by the photographer unless he or she explicitly places the image in the public domain, or allows its use under something like a creative commons license, which might allow it to be shared as long as it's for non-commercial purposes and the photographer is credited (there are variations - so check the fine print).

We are honored to have many wonderful photographers share their work here - and most if not all of the pictures are posted with the request that they not be copied or shared. The photographers clearly share our love for eagles, and I've found them to be very generous in giving permission to share an image with others - but they must be asked and any image that is subsequently shared must include their language to protect their copyright and honor our agreement with them. Thank you!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: cfsIIII (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 12:30 PM EDT  
cfsIIII

We hope they are back! Until we get positive ID (the dot in Dad's eye and HE's band) we won't know for sure, but there are two eagles that have been using Dad Norfolk's nest for the past few days and it sure looks like him! Smile This was on Wednesday!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, October 09 2015 @ 07:05 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Thank you Mary for getting this thread started. It looks great.

Carol....fabulous capture of eagles....what a beautiful sight to see here. Thank you!
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: pammonahan (offline) on Saturday, October 10 2015 @ 12:20 PM EDT  
pammonahan

Thanks for setting this up. I plan on getting back to Norfolk to begin following this nest next week. I am working on an"Urban Eagles" project and this nest plays an important role. In the meantime, here is the single eaglet that fledged from this nest earlier this year.

Pam Monahan

Forum

Virginia Beach, VA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:47 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate