Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - All Eagle Nests With Ground Observers
 Ma & Pa Sidney- Epicure Bald Eagle Nest - 2015-2016 Season
 |  Printable Version
By: elle (offline) on Thursday, September 03 2015 @ 10:56 AM EDT (Read 12263 times)  
elle

Welcome to Ma and Pa Sidney 2015-2016 thread.

Ma and Pa Sidney have returned to their nest on Epicure property where they had previously nested from 2009-2011.

In 2015 they successfully fledged one eaglet at the Epicure nest.

Efforts to have a cam re-installed for the upcoming 2015-2016 season were unfortunately unsuccessful. If Ma and Pa have a successful nesting season again in 2016 there is hope for a cam for the following year 2016-2017.

Epicure is a working business property in the municipality of North Saanich near Sidney BC. It is not open to the general public. Visitors and photographers are asked not to trespass and to respect the privacy and security regulations.

Visitors to the public Pat Bay area are welcome to share their observations, photos and videos of Ma & Pa Sidney taken at the beach and environs.

We all wish this beloved pair another successful year.

The 2014-2015 thread can be viewed here

We and the animals are in the same boat. We're one family, really. - Jane Goodall

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Thursday, September 17 2015 @ 09:11 PM EDT  
elle

Spent the afternoon yesterday at Pat Bay and Sidney and other known Bald Eagle nest spots on the Saanich Peninsula and there were no eagle sightings at all. Last week we kayaked in the area as well and also no sightings. Still a bit early for a return and reports of recent salmon runs are good so hopefully they are all having a good feast and will be home soon .fingers crossed I can't wait to see Ma and Pa Sidney safely back at their nest territory.

We and the animals are in the same boat. We're one family, really. - Jane Goodall

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Sunday, September 27 2015 @ 08:28 PM EDT  
elle

Ma and Pa Sidney are back. ! We saw both of them this afternoon. They are both healthy and strong albeit missing a few feathers here and there. Back ASAP with pix.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: urban Eagle (offline) on Monday, September 28 2015 @ 04:57 AM EDT  
urban Eagle

wave Island ground crew,
Linda how wonderful to know Ma and Pa are home safe,
Kay Our Eagles are coming homeClappingLooking forward to all the updates on all the Island nest's ( from such a great ground crew and content providers)
This off season wasn't so dull for me,but hoping now that all the work is done here and the cams are running .,,,,,That David and the HWF may be able to turn there focus
back here for next season or even this since we still have cameras on the nest. (just my thought's and probable wish full thinking)But I have learned thru all of you anything is possible,On the lighter side maybe heading your way shortly No scheduled date yet but will (pm) and maybe do lunch(Muse ? )
LSitting eagle

May the Sun be at your back,and an Eagle in front of your lens.
Forum

Port Moody

Profile Email   PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Monday, September 28 2015 @ 11:11 AM EDT  
Pat B

Welcome home Mum and Dad Sidney.
So good to see you again Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: elle (offline) on Monday, September 28 2015 @ 11:53 AM EDT  
elle

Pat : It is always a relief to see Ma and Pa back safely. Ma was perched by herself in one of the few trees left where the ( horrible) 8 lot subdivision took place at the south end of the reserve. That area is now virtually clear cut and one house is almost finished construction. More to come according to the signs. I got out to have a look with binoculars to see if it was indeed her and not Pa and then Pa flew in ! I was more than thrilled. There was no vocalisation so I don't think we were witnessing his initial arrival in the territory.
On the way to Pat Bay I was wondering in the car if the full moon has anything to do with the timing of their return. Some hypothesise they navigate by the stars so why not? It would be interesting to look back on the dates they come back and see how close that is to the full moon.
I hope they enjoyed the eclipse last night Smile

Larry: As you know there is still a possibility of a cam for next year. We will see how things go this season. We are too late for lunch at Muse as the bistro is closed for the season but here are lots of other places we could go in Sidney. Ian and I can fill you in about the cam negotiations when we see you.

Now I must upload some pix .Out

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Monday, September 28 2015 @ 12:08 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Oh how fabulous Lynda that you saw Ma & Pa and they are looking good! Really
looking forward to your pix.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: elle (offline) on Monday, September 28 2015 @ 02:47 PM EDT  
elle

Ma- first sighting Sept 27-15

Click on image to download

Ma above and Pa below Red Heart

Another of Ma

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:06 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate