Forum Index > Formerly Live Cams Now Offline > Sidney BC - Bald Eagle Nests
 Fledge Fest Reports and Photos - 2010
 |  Printable Version
By: Pat B (offline) on Monday, June 28 2010 @ 09:06 AM EDT (Read 33572 times)  
Pat B

Come here to tell us about your day - and post your photos!

Please keep to only 3 photos per post Grin

Click on image to download

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM
By: terrytvgal (offline) on Monday, July 05 2010 @ 12:46 AM EDT  

Good Morning everyone!! Welcome to FledgeFest 2010. This thread is here so you can all share in Fledgefest even if you are not able to be there this time 'round.

I hope you will post your comments and obsevations of the Sidney nest in this thread today. Between what you post and what we see while at the nest site I'd like to think we can do a pretty good job documenting the day. Relax, and have some fun as you post. Cool Left thumb up Tell us what you're having for lunch and what the weather's like where you are. Bring your FledgeFest day to us just like those of us there will share our FF day with you.

We are expecting mild, pleasant weather for the day so keep your fingers crossed for us. Lunch will be from Safeway and we will be eating in the Hall of the Holy Trinity Anglican Church, just a short distance from the nest site.

This is the 'drive way' where we meet and hope to see our eagles. Perhaps you've seen it before from our Ground Crew? I don't know if it's been posted before. :dunno:

And this is the church where we will have lunch. The hall is at the back and not visible in this picture.

I will be looking forward to reading this thread and seeing all the fun you will have here. ( I on the other hand will be suffering at having to be up by 6AM -- I don't do morning well at all Faint Faint )

Please know that our thoughts will be with you all, and remember -- if not for you being here and enjoying the Sidney eagles over the years there would never have been any FledgeFest at all!!

Have a great day!

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Monday, July 05 2010 @ 06:03 AM EDT  

Good Morning everyone !

It is 6:55 here in Halifax , Nova Scotia and overcast ~ I will be gone most of the day ! SadWishing you all a wonderful day and wish i was there at Fledge Fest with all of you ! Smile

To all who will post here i look forward to reading them when i come home ! Have fun !

Terry ~ A Big THANK YOU to you !

HUGS Bev .

...Helpful Hints ..Be respectful ..Bev.

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM
By: jkr (offline) on Monday, July 05 2010 @ 07:37 AM EDT  

It's 4:25 a.m. in Sidney so I hope all FledgeFesters are Sleepy before the fun begins. It's going to be a long and fun filled day for all of you. Grin

Wish I could join in the festivities but unfortunately it's a work day for me. Mad I'm looking forward to all the reports later.

Presently on the cam the light from the Epicure building is glowing in the dark.

HAVE FUN EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM
By: Tweet Dreams (offline) on Monday, July 05 2010 @ 07:45 AM EDT  
Tweet Dreams

Good Morning Everyone!wave What an exciting day for you! Wish I could be there as well!
It is 7:40 am in Aiken, SC. The forecast calls for a nice sunny day reaching temps around 92*. ( Probably higher!)
I've enjoyed the pictures Mel has posted for us over in Screech Hollow since arriving there. I'll be looking forward to seeing more from Y'all today!
May the sun shine upon you and may you see our eagles soaring today! Enjoy and have a "Tweet Day"!

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Aiken, South

Profile Email   PM
By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Monday, July 05 2010 @ 09:34 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Welcome to the celebration!

Hi! It's a beautiful sunny about 80 degree in The Woodlands, Texas, and we are looking forward to seeing FF along with you. The church is a beautiful setting for lunch! This is an opportunity to be remembered.

Soar friends.......

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM
By: harrymilt (offline) on Monday, July 05 2010 @ 09:35 AM EDT  

Hi: Last years fledge on link...............Harry.

Profile Email   PM
By: JudyB (online) on Monday, July 05 2010 @ 09:59 AM EDT  

Good morning, everyone! it's 9:43 am here in Maine - and already up to 85F/29C - and likely to reach 90/32, which is very hot for Maine.

Thanks for your pictures to set the scene, Terry, and for the videos from last year, Harry.

I just saw your request to post nest activity here, Terry - so here's a summary.

An adult landed in the nest at 5:41 am, closely followed by a very noisy Solo. I didn't see the adult depart but assume that happened quickly as the screeping stopped, and I was able to watch Solo self-feeding until about 6:05 am when it sounded as if he might have flown up to the cam branch (there was a thump). The curtains were coming and going, but we did get a fairly clear view of Solo with what looked like a silver fish.

Arrow points to fish (5:47 am)

Solo continues to eat at 6:01 am

Link to complete description and more pics - forum/viewtopic.php?topic=82589#82589

It's now 6:58 am at the nest, and I hear thumping and some screeping. Curtain is down so I can't see what's happening.

7:21 am - and sandra gee and I both were able to see Solo in the nest - and it looked to me as if he was working on another, possibly larger silver fish. The screeping quieted down around 7 am, so I think there was a food delivery which he's been working on since then.

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:44 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Please Donate

Please Donate!