Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Hailuoto, Finland Cam 1 - 2015 & 2016
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, November 06 2014 @ 03:47 PM EST (Read 8772 times)  
IrishEyes

Click to view the cam!

2016 Discussion starts here

2016 Timeline

[*] Cam on
[*] Adults return
[*]Eggs Laid
[*] Hatched
[*] Banded
[*] Fledged
[*] Last seen

Voitto wrote:

09/20/2015 I went to pick up equipment from the nest. At the same time I told you also that I am giving up the maintenance Hailuoto nest camera. Inform at the same time if someone would like to go to continue to monitor the estate so you could contact me.

Tv Voitto Pulkkinen

http://www.luotio.fi/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 64b89c1a38

Hello IrishEyes

The Hailuoto cam is no longer online > but there is a new osprey web cam in Paltamo, northern Finland with a brilliant quality and a perfect zoom into the nest. They have two eggs. I'm sure you & other osprey fans will love it!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WELCOME TO THE 2015 SEASON OF THE HAILUOTO, FINLAND OSPREY CAM NEST THREAD!

The female on this nest was replaced three times last season...... there were no eggs laid....... the season ended with Kemo , the Res. Male and Maila.... the third female....... What will this year bring?....... the waiting begins....
Click on image to download
Kemo on the left...Maila on the right.....June11. 2014...Scap by Mia.

Thank you Voitto Pulkkinen for this nest cam and thank you HWF for featuring it on your website along with a nest thread where we can post our observations, scaps and videos......giving us the opportunity to learn about these beautiful birds....

Link to 2014 Nest Thread HERE

The nest is located at Marjaniemi, Hailuoto. This nest is famous not only for this beautiful Osprey Family we have the privilege of watching on line .... we also see the arctic swamp landscape and to follow from near the nesting osprey and we get to enjoy the incredible sunsets... since 2006 the camera has had 6.5 million watchers from about 130 countries.

This thread is for the observations, scaps, videos of the Osprey .... No enhanced scaps and please only three smileys per post.... thank you and enjoy !....

As a courtesy to viewers with slower internet connections, please limit the pictures in each post to no more than a total of 150,000 bytes (150KB), and please do not post animations (though it's fine to post a link to them). To avoid horizontal scrolling, please do not post pictures that are more than 500 pixels wide - though it's fine to post a 500-pixel-wide thumbnail that clicks to a much larger picture. The forum attachment software conveniently handles that task - so you can attach larger pictures, and a properly-sized clickable image will appear in your post. The preferred format for pictures is JPEG (.jpg), and three 500-pixel-wide JPEGs should be under the 150KB limit.

CURRENT TIME

Map of Finland and other interesting information from Matts Finnlund posted by Liberty 1998
HERE

Egg Incubation period .. 35 - 42 days...

Chicks fledge between ....53- 60days old...

Time Line
[*] Cam is on
[*]Adults return.....April 27.... they build a new nest...CHECK HERE

No cam on this nest.

Added
Link to new nest..... pictures of Kemo, Maila . their new chick..banding and many other posts.

Start here

[*] Eggs laid..two that i know off...
[*] Hatched..One hatched....... named Queenie.
[*] Fledged
[*] Last seen on the nest

...Helpful Hints~~~~Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, November 06 2014 @ 04:01 PM EST  
IrishEyes

SCREEN CAPTURE AGREEMENT

All screen capture images from the Hailuoto-Marjaniemi Osprey-nest webcam are available for use in non-commercial and non-profitable connections, but use by media such as television, newspapers etc. is prohibited.

Recording and presenting of recorded video stream in other than private use is prohibited.
Screen captures may be uploaded and stored in commercial photo-hosting websites, such as Photobucket, ImageShack, Flickr, Pic-Upload, etc.

If screen capture images from the Hailuoto-Marjaniemi Osprey-nest webcam are posted to any website, forum or blog, the name of the original owner of the image copyrights must mentioned: Voitto Pulkkinen.

Posting of videos from Hailuoto-Marjaniemi Osprey webcams to any website is prohibited.

The rights of all the images from Hailuoto-Marjaniemi Osprey webcams are reserved by the original copyright owner, Voitto Pulkkinen.

Oulunsalo, Finland 16th March 2010

Voitto Pulkkinen
Studio V.Pulkkinen

...Helpful Hints~~~~Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, November 06 2014 @ 04:02 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Reserved

...Helpful Hints~~~~Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, November 06 2014 @ 04:03 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Reserved

...Helpful Hints~~~~Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

IrishEyes

Reserved

...Helpful Hints~~~~Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

IrishEyes

Reserved

...Helpful Hints~~~~Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, April 09 2015 @ 12:07 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Thursday...April 9, 2015

GOOd MOrning everyone and welcome to the 2015 season at this nest......... have fun and wishing for a successful season at this nest......hug

...Helpful Hints~~~~Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Thursday, April 09 2015 @ 12:15 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

I am posting these at Ferenz request

temperatures in Finnland are rising, ice & snow are melting...

I made a snap shot today showing a first guest in the nest: It's a white tailed eagle.

Thank you Ferenz and i apology that for not having this thread open.........

I am wondering if this is a subadult eagle passing through and decided to take a break.....Chin It sure is a beauty!

...Helpful Hints~~~~Bev.

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:44 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate