Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - All Eagle Nests With Ground Observers
 Ma & Pa Sidney 2013-2014 Season
 |  Printable Version
By: elle (offline) on Wednesday, September 11 2013 @ 11:13 AM EDT (Read 16750 times)  
elle

Welcome to Ma & Pa Sidney's thread.

Ma & Pa Sidney began building a new nest at the end of the 2011 and have now used it for 2 seasons. In 2012 they raised 3 eaglets and in 2013 only one.

The nest is located on private property in the same area of Sidney BC as the previous nest.

Due to privacy & safety concerns, the property owners did not allow us to install a cam in the nest.
HWF members have been asked to not loiter, take photos or videos around the new nest area unless invited to do so.

However, members who visit the public Pat Bay area are welcome to share their observations, photos and videos of Ma & Pa Sidney taken at the beach and environs.

We wish them every success in the coming season.
Here is a link to last season's thread

Ma and Pa Sidney 2012-2013

We and the animals are in the same boat. We're one family, really. - Jane Goodall

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Wednesday, September 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM EDT  
elle

Here we are anxiously awaiting Ma and Pa Sidney's return to the nest. There has not been any evidence of them to date but it is still a bit early. I have been kept up to date by the locals and will commence visiting on a regular basis in the near future. There had been rumours of eagles bringing nesting material to the old nest at Epicure in August but the abandoned nest does not appear to have been built up at all. It may just have been a pair of eagles passing through . Time will tell.

We and the animals are in the same boat. We're one family, really. - Jane Goodall

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Thursday, September 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM EDT  
sassyk

David called me on Aug. 7th to ask if I had been by the nest around that time as he'd had word that some of the Epicure employees had seen the eagles taking some branches into the old nest. As it was, I had been by the nest site a few hours earlier that same day but knew nothing about this at that time. I told David I would go out to the nest site before leaving town Aug. 11th to have a look. I did see some new foliage in the nest and sent him a couple of photos. I asked David a few days ago if he had received any more reports and he said no he hadn't. I think Ma & Pa were making a statement to let other eagles know it was their nest Wink

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare
Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Thursday, September 12 2013 @ 06:08 PM EDT  
elle

Yes it was David Hancock who contacted me too at the beginning of August but I was away and did not get the telephone message until the end of August. My local friends who were visiting regularly throughout the month of August did not see any activity as I reported and I have yet to go see for myself.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Saturday, September 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM EDT  
elle

A visit to the farm yesterday and a meeting with my contact at Epicure. No eagles around and nothing seen going on in either nest. I was hoping Pa might be back but not yet! There are many eyes in the area watching out for him and we will all know as soon as possible. Should be soon. Talons crossed.Smilefingers crossed

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Friday, September 27 2013 @ 12:09 PM EDT  
elle

Some nest pictures I took on Sept 14th.

Current nest at the farm

Click on image to download

Former nest at Epicure. Miraculously, it is still there. Camera, too.

Also visited Pat Bay last Friday Sept 20 and no eagles in sight around any of the nests in the area. ( Ardmore, Muse, Roberts Bay, Lochside, Brentwood)

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Thursday, October 03 2013 @ 09:47 PM EDT  
elle

Both Ma and PaSitting eagleSitting eagle sighted in their home territory ClappingLeft thumb up
Photographic documentation to come. Cheers

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Thursday, October 03 2013 @ 11:20 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Yeah Elle! I am so happy to hear that. They will always be my first love of the eagle world.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 10:59 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate