Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam - 2014 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, February 04 2014 @ 07:08 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Quote by: Bwatcher

Thank you for these beautifully written posts. It's been a heartbreaking couple of days but I see now E3 is going back into nature. It seems fitting. This is my first time experiencing a death and it hit hard. I am thankful for the support and information here. That almost constant chattering of little E4, I call him Braveheart, comforts me too.
Sitting eagleRed Heart
Janie

Welcome Bwatcher
to HWF and the SWFEC Nest and thank you for your well said post....... hope you join us here more often and if you need any help don't hesitate to ask...

Helpful Hints ~~ Bev 2009

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, February 04 2014 @ 07:13 PM EST  
IrishEyes

7:11pm
Mom is on the nest with E 4..
Click on image to download

Thank you all again for your scaps, comments..and Judy L and deeagle 55 for your videos....

Have a good Night everyone...........hug

Helpful Hints ~~ Bev 2009

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: deeagle55 (offline) on Tuesday, February 04 2014 @ 07:51 PM EST  
deeagle55

7:50 pm OMG!!!! Harriet just pulled E3 back into the nest. She must have gotten caught on the side of the nest when Ozzie left . I was in a hurry and didn't get the whole thing But Thank goodness JudyL was still on ,she will have the whole video. Here is what I got Video Camerawww.youtube.com/watch?v=ECORi-rboEM

Fly High Fly Free may the wind always be beneath your wings.

Forum

North Fort Myers,FL

Profile Email   PM

By: Eagle's Nana (offline) on Tuesday, February 04 2014 @ 07:53 PM EST  
Eagle's Nana

Quote by: deeagle55

Harriet comes in and moves E 3 to the left of the nest doesn't eat any of E 3. Harriet found a nestover . Ozzie comes in and removes E 3 from the nest.

Harriet moves E3 and finds a nestover to eat Video Camera

Ozzie removes E3 Video Camerawww.youtube.com/watch?v=XX-flBtiNB0

ETA my internet went out so the video of Harriet moving E3 will be a bit longer to post.. Sorry

deeagle55 and whoever would know or be able to follow up..... I know someone mentioned that if we would be fortunate enough to actually have E3's body we may be able to tell how she died. Did anyone follow Ozzie or happen to see where he took her little body so we might be able to find a cause and/or maybe be able to make sure E4 would not be infected it that were the case. Or perhaps we may learn about a potential problem to be aware of in the nest or surrounding area. I guess just knowing would bring closure if it would be possible. Thank you

E4 looks so big and strong and it is so nice to see his/her feathers coming in and starting to look so grown up. He/she has become so strong willed and caring as he/she had taken such good care cuddling and caressing E3's little body. What a great eagle he/she is becoming with such hard as well as beautiful lessons he/she has endured In his/her short life so far. He is a beautiful, strong survivor : ) I know there are many wonderful days ahead for him as we watch him grow and as he interacts with O & H. He was already moving sticks and straw the other day trying some nestorations of his own. Looking forward to his new adventures on the nest each day as we listen to his happy chirping : )

(Bogey - always a part of my heart)

Carolyn H

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: deeagle55 (offline) on Tuesday, February 04 2014 @ 08:22 PM EST  
deeagle55

Quote by: Eagle's Nana

Quote by: deeagle55

Harriet comes in and moves E 3 to the left of the nest doesn't eat any of E 3. Harriet found a nestover . Ozzie comes in and removes E 3 from the nest.

Harriet moves E3 and finds a nestover to eat Video Camera

Ozzie removes E3 Video Camerawww.youtube.com/watch?v=XX-flBtiNB0

ETA my internet went out so the video of Harriet moving E3 will be a bit longer to post.. Sorry

deeagle55 and whoever would know or be able to follow up..... I know someone mentioned that if we would be fortunate enough to actually have E3's body we may be able to tell how she died. Did anyone follow Ozzie or happen to see where he took her little body so we might be able to find a cause and/or maybe be able to make sure E4 would not be infected it that were the case. Or perhaps we may learn about a potential problem to be aware of in the nest or surrounding area. I guess just knowing would bring closure if it would be possible. Thank you

E4 looks so big and strong and it is so nice to see his/her feathers coming in and starting to look so grown up. He/she has become so strong willed and caring as he/she had taken such good care cuddling and caressing E3's little body. What a great eagle he/she is becoming with such hard as well as beautiful lessons he/she has endured In his/her short life so far. He is a beautiful, strong survivor : ) I know there are many wonderful days ahead for him as we watch him grow and as he interacts with O & H. He was already moving sticks and straw the other day trying some nestorations of his own. Looking forward to his new adventures on the nest each day as we listen to his happy chirping : )

(Bogey - always a part of my heart)

Carolyn H

I'm sorry but no they would not find the carcass . Every thing I have read on chat from the mods ,even if they did find it, it's to late to get results from any kind of testing. It has to be with in 36-48 hrs I think it is after passing ... But as it turns out E 3 was caught on the side of the nest and is now back in the nest at this time. Harriet pulled e 3 back into the nest.

Fly High Fly Free may the wind always be beneath your wings.

Forum

North Fort Myers,FL

Profile Email   PM

By: urdognu (offline) on Tuesday, February 04 2014 @ 08:39 PM EST  
urdognu

Thanks so much deeagle for contacting me about Mom pulling E3's remains back.
I added some footage of what Mom was doing a bit before she made the decision.

Video Camera
Harriet Pulls E3's Remains Back On The Nest 7.47pm_2-4-14
http://youtu.be/OogU_0EI14c

It appeared that Ozzie had removed the remains of E3 off the nest earlier this evening, but apparently it got caught on the side of the nest.
Harriet had been seated in the nest for quite a while with E4 before she decided to bring E3's remains back. Dee Kelly's video of Ozzie attempting to remove the remains:
From earlier Dee Kelly's video http://youtu.be/XX-flBtiNB0

I still need to catch up with today's posts and will much later tonight. Oh the shame

Judy Lynn

HELPFUL HINTS

Forum

Southern California

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, February 04 2014 @ 09:19 PM EST  
JudyB

9:13 pm
E4 was just up, had a small poop shot, stood back up, then had another small poop shot.

Because we really don't know what happened to E3 (and almost certainly never will know), it's hard to not look for hidden meanings in everything E4 does - and I do suspect he or she is just being an eaglet. love

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: byline (offline) on Tuesday, February 04 2014 @ 10:20 PM EST  
byline

10:17 p.m.: E4 is sound asleep.

Sue ~ 2012

Forum

Nova Scotia, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:52 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate