Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans Eagle Cam, Turtle Bay, CA - Bald Eagle Cam - 2010
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, January 05 2010 @ 11:26 PM EST (Read 73341 times)  
JudyB

CalTrans Eagle Cam, Turtle Bay, CA - Bald Eagle Cam

The following information is from Skipper and was provided for last year's thread:

I don't know if you are familiar with the story but here's the short version. CalTrans (California Transportation) put a huge cone in an eagle's nest to stop resident eagles from nesting. The eagles tried anyway. A group of people got together to put pressure on the powers-that-be and they removed the cone.

A member by the name of californiakayaker first posted a head's up on HWF. I think David got involved, or at least I think he knows about it. Here's the link to the thread:

http://discuss.hancockwildlifechannel.o ... amp;t=2249

Here is the link to the cam page:
http://www.turtlebay.org/eaglecam

I believe this cam uses QuickTime, which may be an issue for some people.

Thanks, Skipper - and Enjoy! Grin

Liberty (F) and Patriot (M) laid three eggs in 2009; all hatched, and the three eaglets fledged successfully.

2009-2010 Season:

• cam on line: December 2
  • eggs laid: February 15, 4:15 pm; February 18, 4:32 pm; February 21, 6:45 pm (seen February 22, 8:10 am)
  • hatched: "Peace" March 25, 7:22 pm (38 days); "Shasta" March 26, 6:05 pm (36 days); "Justice" March 29, 8:55 am (36 days)
  • fledged: June 11 (78 days); June 18 (84 days); ~June 21 (84 days)
  • last seen: all three were in the area July 9, one was seen July 14 (camera turned off mid-July)

2009 s'cap by Skipper

Link to last year's thread

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM EST  
Anonymous: CAL04

4:47 p.m.,

Liberty just left the wet, windy and swaying nest tree; she made a beautiful strong departure. Have no idea how long she had been on the tree. Started watching Liberty at 4:42 pm as she shook water from her drenched feathers while the tree swayed in the wind.

Wet Feathers
Click on image to download

Departure

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 04:25 AM EST  

17 Jan 2010, 4:46 p.m. PST,

A short video of Liberty perched on the nest tree in the wind and rain. She shakes water from her drenched feathers before departing. Patriot can be seen in the distance, upper right (pics are in the post above).

Soggy Feathers

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 07:17 PM EST  

3:30 p.m. PST,
Liberty departed the nest tree for the river's edge, made a beautiful left turn, then followed the river.

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 12:27 AM EST  
eaglewoman

waveHi CAL04! Looks like I found my way here ok! Hope the rest of the gang follows soon!
We've had more rain and gusty winds today, I think we have over 6 inches already this week! When it rains, it pours here in Redding!8O

I didn't see the eagles at all today, I checked in the a.m. and around 4:30-5:30, but no luck! Here is a scap I took Monday...
eaglewoman

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 01:05 AM EST  

wave Hi EW:!:

Cannot tell you how happy I am to see you here (was getting kinda lonely way over here). Yes, I'll be glad when the rest of the "gang" shows up too. We'll all be very glad when the weather improves for Patriot and Liberty. Nope, didn't see them today either but was not on the cam a whole lot.

We've had our share of rain down here in the Valley too. I was hoping to be able to get up to Millerton Lake east of Fresno to see the wintering eagles but don't want to trek in the rain. We'll see.

Thank You for the picture, eaglewoman. Maybe you could pull rank on the "gang" and get them to test the waters over here. :grin:

By: Anonymous: putytatt () on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 07:35 PM EST  
Anonymous: putytatt

Whistling Well, I found my way over here. Not sure if I logged in correctly or not. I would suggest that the register page pop up as a separate page so you can go back and read the directions on the main page--if you follow what I am trying to say. Puzzled

I posted a picture of the nest on the old site a few minutes ago. I am going to attempt to do the same here. The first time I tried, my antivurus closed the page for me. :huh: So, I am attempting this again. After a preview, it looks like it is not working.

It looks like the nest is about ready for eggs. What do you guys think?

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM EST  
JudyB

Welcome, eaglewoman and putytatt! Grin Grin

The secret to making your attached pictures appear is the File tag - here's a link to PEB's "Helpful Hints" topic on the subject which explains it better than I can this late at night! Titter forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=6&lastpost=true#6

And if you have other questions, please let us know!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:04 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate