Forum Index > Raptors Other than Eagles > Other Raptors
 Red-tailed Hawk Cam - Tulsa, OK
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: sallyls () on Tuesday, August 31 2010 @ 09:20 PM EDT  
Anonymous: sallyls

CAT!!!!!!!!!! I love the pics, wanted to let you know haven't given up I just don't come in here often. I really appreciate all the posts on Kay and Jay.

By: Anonymous: WooHoo () on Wednesday, January 26 2011 @ 02:18 PM EST  
Anonymous: WooHoo

Don't know if anyone is checking this site anymore, but Kay or Jay (not sure which one) dove into our backyard over the weekend and snatched his/her lunch from the birds that were feeding on the birdseed my husband puts out.

We live around 35th and Utica so that is not far (as the hawk flies so to speak) from the KJRH tower.

I was not home, but my husband says the hawk stayed on the ground with the bird in its mouth, then flew into a nearby tree. On Monday afternoon a hawk flew directly over my car at 41st and Utica, then landed in a tree just south of the intersection - again, not sure "who" it was, but assume it was Kay or Jay (or one of theri offspring) as this is in their territory...

Can't wait for spring and nest building time - and soooo hope they will be back at the KJRH tower and not the Mazzios cell tower - we shall see....

By: golden1 (offline) on Wednesday, January 26 2011 @ 06:10 PM EST  
golden1

thanks for the eye witness account of Kay or Jay........first hand observations are so interesting.

And so fun for you , too. We have a pair near us and they are good at staying hidden.

scatter kindness and splash joy
donna ~ applewooddy ~Colorado...........6/22/09

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: sallyls () on Thursday, March 03 2011 @ 09:51 PM EST  

Hello Kay and Jay friends. Infrequent views of the KJRH nest have not shown much change this winter/spring, though Kay and Jay have been sighted by several observers hunting in the area and perching on the KJRH tower, sitting at the KJRH nest once, and taking sticks to Mazzios. As of yesterday 3/2/11 catgirl reported that the Mazzios nest seems built up more, but she does not see them sitting yet. I hope we can continue to follow their adventures!

ps- is there any way to get back directly to this page without shuffling throught he forum index of sites, it seems like 3 or 4 layers and is very annoying to come in here to read or post. I would appreciate a more direct route if there is one. Thanks!

By: Anonymous: WooHoo () on Monday, March 07 2011 @ 05:05 PM EST  
Anonymous: WooHoo

Sally - I just have the latest page bookmarked - then pull it up and make sure I am looking at the "last" post -

As for Kay and Jay - thank you for the information about possible nest building. I have observed Kay and/or Jay around the KJRH tower, but not Mazzios - I am sure Catgirl is correct if she has seen a nest buildup at the Mazzzio's tower however - kinda disappointing as we just can't see much of what goes on there.

Where did you find a post from Catgirl? Whenever I check the KJRH chat on the hawk page it seems to be a bunch of folks talking about all kinds of things other than hawks...sigh... I miss knowing what our favorite hawks are doing and they should be sitting on eggs by now or in the near future -

Take care!

By: beans (offline) on Friday, April 08 2011 @ 03:28 PM EDT  
beans

While we are awaiting more news here, you might be interested in this new Red-tailed Hawks cam that just went on line two days ago:

This cam went on line two days ago. Leslie, do you want to make a thread for it?*

Live cam: CLICK HERE

New York University

*tried to send you a PM, but kept getting an error message....

Please help preserve wildlife and wildlife territories

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: sallyls () on Monday, September 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM EDT  

Reports from Catgirl this year are that Kay and Jay did successfully hatch and fledge one eyass from Mazzios again this year. Except for a rare view by mamafrog, catgirl's reports are all I have seen, and she has been very busy and unable to watch as often as she used to. The hawk page was taken down by KJRH. Mama saw a hawk on the tower recently but she didn't know who it was. Catgirl has seen both Kay and Jay hanging around the tower. I hope that they might still return to the tower, perhaps someone can contact the station in the winter to have them looks for signs of building and laying. Kay laid her eggs early March and she and Jay were refurbishing by Thanksgiving. It would be nice to hear from other local observers. There are a few posts on Facebook on the KJRH Hawks page but there has not been a lot to post and many people are not comfortable with Facebook. I am uploading a single picture OF THE EYASS from Catgirl earlier this summer.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:23 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate