Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > HWF Nests Only - Special Collection of Scaps & Observations
 To Record Injury or illness Observed on an HWF Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: gemini (offline) on Sunday, June 09 2013 @ 04:32 PM EDT (Read 701 times)  
gemini

This thread will be devoted to scaps, photos and observations of any kind of disfigurement or perceived injury or illness that may be observed on an HWF nest cam. It will include all HWF eagles and eaglets, as well as any eagle that frequents the nest on a semi-regular basis.

Example: the eagle with the deformed foot that rested and spent the night in the Harrison Mills nest a couple of times last fall. However, rather than bring posts and scaps over from the main Harrison Mills thread and disturb the flow of discussion about this eagle, here are links to the scaps and discussion of the visits. (Information taken from the Timeline of Eagle Visits by Irish Eyes - Thank you!)

Harrison Mills - November 14, 2012
Scap posted - 7:19 pm - by JudyB. (Click bigger)
Click on image to download

Nov.14, 2012 - Link to more observations and scaps

The eagle with the deformed foot was first seen on this Nest Nov.14, 2012 at 6:24pm.. she spent the night and left the morning of Nov.15 at 7:34am.

Harrison Mills - December 1, 2012
Scap posted - 7:26 pm - by mjb. (Click bigger)

Dec.1, 2012 - Link to more observations and scaps:

Eagle with deformed foot seen on the nest at 3:11pm.. it was a wet and windy day..

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Monday, June 10 2013 @ 07:19 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

This post provides links to some s'caps of Bogey's Foot. Bogey was the youngest of 2 chicks on the Harrison Mills nest. Bogey was 4 days younger than his sibling and struggled from the day he managed to hatch from his egg, despite it being covered by the 1/2 shell of his older sibling's egg. On at least one occasion it was noted that Bogey seemed to have a bad foot. He struggled from the outset and was unable to overcome the challenges of competing with his much older sibling and be properly fed. Bogey died on June 6, 2013 at 23 days old.

Bogey standing. By Cococat9 on June 4

forum/viewtopic.php?topic=531023#531023

A selection of post-mortem images begins here. For me, they are not conclusive in confirming a foot problem but more experienced individuals may be able to confim or refute a problem with the right foot.

forum/viewtopic.php?topic=532323#532323

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Raining22 (offline) on Saturday, June 22 2013 @ 03:24 PM EDT  
Raining22

Some of the observers noticed this on Tux (Delta2) today. Never noticed it on any of our other eaglets so thought I better post for expert opinion. Thanks.

"And little eagles wave their wings in gold. Alexander Pope

~ Debbe ~ 2011

Forum

The Maritimes,
Canada

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:57 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate