Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - All Eagle Nests With Ground Observers
 Muse Winery Eagles -- 2010-2012 Seasons
 |  Printable Version
By: sassyk (offline) on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 03:07 PM EST (Read 14315 times)  
sassyk

Welcome to the Muse Winery Eagles thread. This nest is near Deep Cove, in the Municipality of North Saanich BC, and is very close to the Sidney Eagles nests. The current owners of the Muse Winery have recently changed the name from Chalet Estate Winery and you will find info here: Muse Winery

During the years I have been observing this nest, the eagles have raised 2 eaglets in each of the seasons from 2006 to 2008. Although I had never observed 3 eaglets in the nest during the 2009 season, the owners of the Muse Winery told me they had seen 3 eaglets in the nest and flying around the nest.

You will find information and photos of the eagles and their eaglets in the old forum: Muse (formerly Chalet) Winery Eagles

Please feel free to post your observations and photos of the Muse Winery eagles if you visit their nest area.

Here is a photo taken May 25, 2008 of the Muse Winery owners' 2 beautiful dogs that share their home with the eagles. Mom Faith is on the left, and daughter True on the right.
Click on image to download

Here is a photo of the nest taken July 3, 2009, when elle and I were there having lunch. Mom is in the nest with an eaglet wingersizing.

One touch of nature makes the whole world kin. ~ William Shakespeare
Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Monday, March 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM EDT  
sassyk

I've been by the Muse Winery nest a few times this year; the last time was this past Friday with Sally, after we had been to visit Ma and Pa Sidney. I haven't seen any eagles in or near the nest this seasonRoll eyes I have sent an email to the Muse Winery owners to ask if the eagles have been nest building but I haven't heard back from them; I believe this is bottling time for their wineLeft thumb up And very good local wine, I might addLeft thumb up

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Tuesday, March 23 2010 @ 05:58 PM EDT  
sassyk

I have received info from the owners of Muse Winery that both eagles seem to be coming and going and bringing lots of twigs with them, but have not yet been observed staying at the nest. It sounds like they are nest building and I'll continue to go by the nest whenever I'm in the area visiting Ma and Pa SidneyLeft thumb up

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Saturday, May 22 2010 @ 12:17 AM EDT  
sassyk

I've had confirmation this evening from the owner of the Muse Winery that there are 2 chicks in their nestClapping The chef has seen the adults flying into the nest with food and tearing off pieces and has seen 2 brown heads pop up with wide open beaksLeft thumb up Good newsLeft thumb up

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Saturday, July 17 2010 @ 10:38 PM EDT  
elle

I enjoyed a lovely lunch and awarding winning glass of wine at the Muse Winery yesterday with sassyk. The food, the wine, the company, the venue and of course the eagles make this a very enticing destination.

There are two eaglets this year. Didn't get many great photos; missed some good opportunities of course, but here is one each of an adult in the nest and an eaglet in the nest.

We and the animals are in the same boat. We're one family, really. - Jane Goodall

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Sunday, July 18 2010 @ 02:09 AM EDT  
sassyk

Green LOLelle, you beat me to itgiggle
I'll add a few of my pics of the Muse Winery eagles. I believe it was Mom who was in the nest with the eaglets and she flew out a short while later. Click 2X bigger.

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: urban Eagle (offline) on Sunday, July 18 2010 @ 12:53 PM EDT  
urban Eagle

Nice pic's Kay,Sorry we missed this nest on are F.F. trip

May the Sun be at your back,and an Eagle in front of your lens.
Forum

Port Moody

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Sunday, July 18 2010 @ 10:34 PM EDT  
sassyk

Quote by: urban Eagle

Nice pic's Kay,Sorry we missed this nest on are F.F. trip

waveLarry, you'll have to remember this nest for your next visit to the Pat Bay area. It's a 5 minute drive from the Epicure property. It's a lovely setting and I actually suggested having our FF luncheon gathering there last year, but the committee wasn't too interested in the ideaRoll eyes

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:38 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate