Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Nests with Ground Observers
 Seattle Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Sunday, May 09 2010 @ 08:45 AM EDT  
HikerBikerGram

Melanie,

That is what I call love birds, what a awesome pair and they look like they were calling their hearst out.Wub That is a really neat photos the owl and chick and happy story of survival, thanks for sharing.wave

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: melanie () on Sunday, May 09 2010 @ 07:59 PM EDT  
Anonymous: melanie

Click on image to downloadClick on image to downloadClick on image to download Yesterday. Croc was perching on this tree and Gabrielle flew in. Left again and circled the nest, came back.

By: Anonymous: melanie () on Sunday, May 09 2010 @ 08:25 PM EDT  

Click on image to downloadClick on image to downloadClick on image to download After circling the nest, she obviously had some issues with him!

By: Anonymous: melanie () on Wednesday, May 12 2010 @ 09:13 PM EDT  

I can't be sure yet but I think we are done here. I have seen the parents nearby a lot, but no one on the nest that I can see, for a week now. Wow, another year!

By: PacNorWest (offline) on Thursday, May 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM EDT  
PacNorWest

Hi Melanie * I'm holding out hope for your eagle family. As the eaglets get bigger the parents don't spend as much time on the nest. Any comments about eaglets in your notebook?

I wonder if Gabrielle's issues might have been that C-Daddy forgot Mothers day !Titter
Great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Doug
Bellingham, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: melanie () on Thursday, May 13 2010 @ 09:34 PM EDT  

I still check everyday. The book indicates that everyone that comes by sees the parents, but I have not seen them on the nest in a week. I just have to trust them right ! I aleo have an owl, woodpecker and flicker family going on.

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Wednesday, June 09 2010 @ 11:59 AM EDT  
yalitldevl

Hi Melanie and congrats on setting up this thread wave

I so loved the shots you posted on Doug's thread of the mating eagles and I was very happy that you set up your own thread. I spent some time here last night. You have a great eye not to mention camera!

I'm sorry this pair seem not to be in the family mode but I hope you still post some pics and more notes from your terrific notepad idea, that was indeed inspired.

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:04 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate