Forum Index > Formerly Live Cams Now Offline > The Chehalis Flats Preserve Discussion
 The Chehalis Flats Preserve Discussion
 |  Printable Version
By: gemini (offline) on Friday, April 05 2013 @ 03:01 PM EDT (Read 13324 times)  
gemini

The Chehalis Flats Preserve Discussion

Underwater cam link: Here

April 6, 2013

The Chehalis Flats Bald Eagle & Salmon Preserve is outlined in:

(i) Map form
(ii) a Map/Flyer printable format to summarize the needs of the area, and
(iii) a detailed description of the biological concerns of the Fish and the Eagles.

The Citizens groups behind this Preserve and their concerns are outlined at our Preserve Site

We invite people to post their questions about the Preserve in this thread.

Please post trip descriptions and any great images of the region in the Trips to The Chehalis Flats & Harrison River Region thread.

This forum is for public participation. We would also provide on this site the opportunity to create more "Sub-Threads" for more specific questions etc. related to the Chehalis Flats -- Harrison River area.

Thanks: FVBEF, Sts'ailes, HMRA, Salmon Stronghold and the HWF

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Saturday, April 06 2013 @ 06:23 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Cool! Thanks for your work on this, Sharon. I will explore more in the next few days.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: eaglet999 (offline) on Wednesday, July 24 2013 @ 02:30 PM EDT  
eaglet999

Hi everyone, we're doing a Hancock Wildlife Foundation calendar for 2014 and we need your help, please. Smile

If you have any favorite s'caps or original images of this or any other HWF cam, please check out the following link which explains the details of submitting images for consideration.

forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=553042

Thanks!

Forum

Profile     PM

By: davidh (offline) on Friday, September 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM EDT  
davidh

Chehalis Flats Tower Cams: The fuel cell got rebuilt over the spring and is ready to go out on the tower shortly with the AXIS 35X and the Vivotek 20X PTZ (pan/tilt/zoom) cams. There are millions of salmon at this moment holding up at the mouth of the Fraser -- waiting for the right water conditions to ascend to their spawning streams. We hope the Chehalis/Harrison River Flats will get its share and the salmon carcasses will be available for our eagles. With some good runs already in on the northern rivers and the mild year we may not have the eagles come down early but rather come later as the ultimate freeze-up covers up their northern food. This might shift the peak numbers from the end of Nov. to mid to late Dec. For the viewer this could simply mean eagles will be on the flats longer.

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile   Website  

By: RitaR (offline) on Wednesday, October 16 2013 @ 01:45 AM EDT  
RitaR

Today at 11:20 am I noticed many eagles flying in every direction. Then this helicopter came into view. Sorry that the pics isn't better. I enlarged the 2nd picture.

Click on image to download

Forum

Oregon Coast

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, October 24 2013 @ 03:25 PM EDT  
JudyB

October 24, 2013

12:16 pm

The zoomer has found people out on the flat.

It takes 4 seconds before the "press escape to exit full screen mode" message disappears, so I didn't try to shift to full screen before taking the first picture to make sure I got something.

12:24 pm

Cams have frozen - not sure if there's enough bandwidth for two zoomers. Current frozen view.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, October 24 2013 @ 03:27 PM EDT  
JudyB

12:25 pm

Very blurry closeup of the boat. I don't know what the Fisheries Department uses, so don't know if this is them doing a count.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: karenbills (offline) on Saturday, October 26 2013 @ 03:48 PM EDT  
karenbills

David Hancock is out there in a boat now with Christian taking pictures. They are in the Harrison River channel on the far side of the cam view. This is not part of the preserve and the eagles are not bothered by boats going there.

David just called me and asked if anyone was taking screenshots of the planes out on the Flats. I said, "What planes?" Neither of our tower cams were showing any planes. So he had me immediately go into the direct access cams and try to find them. I was only able to find one of them. David wants these pictures of intruders posted here in this thread for the preserve to show who is intruding out there.

Here are the screenshots I was able to quickly make.

Member since 2006.

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

All times are EST. The time is now 01:20 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate