Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Apple User Support
 |  Printable Version
By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, September 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM EDT  
IrishEyes

Quote by: jkr

Bev, I am more than stumped. The only recommendation I can think of is to contact someone at Apple. http://www.apple.com/ca/contact/ unless someone else on this forum using a Mac has a solution. I've never encountered that kind of problem before and really don't know what would be causing that to happen. Wish I could be of more help.

Thank you Judy.. have a good day...hug I will contact Apple and see what they have to say.... will keep you posted..

.~~ Bev 2009.

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, September 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM EDT  
jkr

Good luck Bev and keep me posted. I'd love to hear what the fix is in case I ever encounter if myself.

Forum

Cranbrook, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Wednesday, December 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Hi Judy.. Thank you !!! Never did get a fix about my pictures folders.. not yet anyway..

I am having a problem getting the sound on the WVa nest cam..

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/Conservat ... leCam.aspx

I could always get the sound on this cam till NCTC adjusted the cam..

Judy .. I was wondering.. since you have a MAC .. can you get the sound? We are at a loss as to what the problem is here.. i had my computer checked out and was in contact with my IP .. no problems here... it addition .. i can get the sound on all other cams that have sound... any suggestions...

eta.. i also tried Firefox.. no luck!

The other forum members posting on this nest can get sound... but they are not using a MAC computer...I was also in touch with NCTC re the problem.. they don't know why i am unable to get sound..

.~~ Bev 2009.

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, December 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM EST  
jkr

Bev, no luck here with the sound on the WVa camera either. I tried two Macs at home, two different browsers and then tried a Mac at work, in case, and still no sound.Puzzled

Forum

Cranbrook, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, December 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Bev, no luck here with the sound on the WVa camera either. I tried two Macs at home, two different browsers and then tried a Mac at work, in case, and still no sound.Puzzled

Thanks Judy.. Must be something with the Mac computers.. .. strange huh!

eta

I was able to get the sound every year until NCTC serviced the cam about a month ago.....

.~~ Bev 2009.

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, December 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM EST  
jkr

Bev, I'm sure it has nothing to do with Mac computers because the two of us aren't having sound issues with any other cameras. It's something in the WVa setup that is the issue but what ........ :dunno:Puzzled something they have set up is not compatible.

Forum

Cranbrook, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, December 16 2011 @ 04:02 PM EST  
IrishEyes

Bev, I'm sure it has nothing to do with Mac computers because the two of us aren't having sound issues with any other cameras. It's something in the WVa setup that is the issue but what ........ :dunno:Puzzled something they have set up is not compatible.

JUdy.. You are right... i feel so stupid for making that comment ...Oh the shame i lost the cam when NCTC serviced the WVa Cam... I sent them an e-mail.. i didn't hear back from them yet!

.~~ Bev 2009.

Forum

Nova Scotia .

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, December 16 2011 @ 04:24 PM EST  
JudyB

The sound does work fine on PCs - so I actually think you're right, Bev, that it is partly some setting on Apple computers - though they must also be streaming the sound in a somewhat unusual fashion, because most flash-based cams work fine, it seems.

Charlie is going to be away this evening, so I'll see if I can find anything to try using his Mac - I've found a couple of unlikely possible solutions, but they seem odd enough that I want to give it a try before suggesting them.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:49 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate