Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Apple User Support
 |  Printable Version
By: Pat B (online) on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM EDT  
Pat B

Quote by: F15Eagle

Hello. New to the Mac forum and would like to know 2 things:
1--How to post a new topic in this forum (this time I just used the 'Reply' section as I wasnt able to find the 'new topic' link.)
2--I would like some info on how to post a screen shot or photo so that it appears in my post. I tried one today and it just came up as a download link (in the White Rock posts).
Thanks for any assistance and sorry I had to post this in the 'Reply' section.
Cheers/Bill

Hi Bill
Only forum Moderators get to play with the New Topic Button - in fact - only they can see it Grin
So you are correct in using the Reply button to post!

There is a whole Topic HERE with the sort of How To's you will need after joining - it is in the Welcome section - one of them is - How to Attach Files to Your Post - which is what you are asking!

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: F15Eagle () on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM EDT  
Anonymous: F15Eagle

Hi Pat--that was where I started looking, but it appears to be Windows oriented 'right click to properties' and that doesnt work on the Mac so sounds like I still
need a bit more guidance. Thanks/Bill

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi Bill! We ended up getting a 2-button mouse for my husband's Mac - but that's mostly because I keep forgetting the Mac way to get the same menus. Having just checked, on a Mac, holding down the Control button and clicking the mouse should get you most of the same menus/options that PC users get with a right-click. We do have several active Mac users, including our co-admin jkr, so if you do have other questions, please let us know.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: F15Eagle () on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM EDT  

I have the apple magic mouse and it does have a right click function but I dont get the data mentioned when I right click--this is what I get: (no 'properties' listed--but it looks like I have figured it out now anyways!!) Thanks for your help.
Click on image to download

By: Anonymous: F15Eagle () on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM EDT  

Flushed with success, I will try a small video and see if that works, any comments appreciated:

By: Anonymous: F15Eagle () on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM EDT  

That didn't work so back to the drawing board. I was trying to post a video of the chicks being fed, but obviously something went amiss./Bill

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, May 02 2011 @ 08:31 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi Bill wave

I'm afraid I don't have the answer, but am posting to refresh the thread so perhaps someone who does know about recording on a Mac will stop by.

Good luck!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: jkr (offline) on Friday, May 06 2011 @ 11:37 AM EDT  
jkr

To attach a picture to a post using a Mac.

Click on BROWSE and a menu will pop up.
Choose which area your screen capture is kept in. In my case it's on my Desktop so I've highlighted it.
Next choose which screen capture you wish to add then click on OPEN
Once you click on OPEN it will attach into the blank space next to the word Browse

In order for it to show up in your post click on the FILE button in the menu above the open post and add the number 1 between the brackets.

Click submit

Click on image to download

I don't do videos so I have no experience on how to attach them but think it works the same way as screen captures but you will chose the videos from MOVIES if that is where you have stored them on your computer.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 07:24 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate