Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 PC Windows Users Support
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Tuesday, January 05 2010 @ 11:06 AM EST (Read 34765 times)  
jkr

This is for PC Windows users to get to know each other. And be more able to help each other with technical issues.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: C.Flat () on Wednesday, February 24 2010 @ 04:27 PM EST  
Anonymous: C.Flat

Hey, I am unable to view the cameras from Carleton University on any web browser on my PC. I can see them when I'm at home but not at school, it just loads and never stops

By: nightowl (offline) on Wednesday, February 24 2010 @ 06:19 PM EST  
nightowl

Quote by: C.Flat

Hey, I am unable to view the cameras from Carleton University on any web browser on my PC. I can see them when I'm at home but not at school, it just loads and never stops

Welcome to the forum, C.Flat!wave

I'm not very techie, but is it possible the university has videos and cams blocked from their computers? That might explain why you can view them from your home PC, but not from the school.

Someone with more technical experience may be along later to let you know what a possible solution might be, but with my limited knowledge, that's all I can think of.

Good Luck!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Thursday, February 25 2010 @ 09:12 AM EST  
jkr

Ask someone at the University tech department if the computers have Adobe Flash Player installed or if they can install it.

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, February 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM EST  
JudyB

Quote by: C.Flat

Have you tried the two-up cams or the mini-cams? I won't bore you with details, but they trade some size and features for compatibility. They're towards the bottom of the Live Cams page if you haven't discovered them yet.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: solarakate () on Thursday, March 04 2010 @ 07:48 PM EST  
Anonymous: solarakate

Hello!! I am having a bazarre problem...well, more like an inconvienience maybe...

when I am typing the post all is well until I get to the bottom of this white posting "box"...as soon as I have reached the bottom of this page and the page has to scroll down (or up which ever is the case) to accomodate the next line, everytime I hit a letter the page jumps up and when I stop the page stops...but the line I am writing is not visible and I have to go to the right side of the post box and pull the scroll tab down to view what I have typed on the last line...
and as soon as I hit a key, the page jumps and the last line is below the bottom and out of sight...
I can continue to type and the text will continue to be printed but I am unable to view this while I am typing and the page continues to jump, giving me glimpses of what I am typing but does not stay on the line I am typing ...
I hope I have made the issue clear...it is hard to explain...
this started yesterday, the 3rd of March...
Thank you!! Kate...solarakate

ps....I do not have any cams open at the same time, just this site...

By: Pat B (offline) on Thursday, March 04 2010 @ 08:17 PM EST  
Pat B

Quote by: solarakate

Hello!! I am having a bazarre problem...well, more like an inconvienience maybe...

when I am typing the post all is well until I get to the bottom of this white posting "box"...as soon as I have reached the bottom of this page and the page has to scroll down (or up which ever is the case) to accomodate the next line, everytime I hit a letter the page jumps up and when I stop the page stops...but the line I am writing is not visible and I have to go to the right side of the post box and pull the scroll tab down to view what I have typed on the last line...
and as soon as I hit a key, the page jumps and the last line is below the bottom and out of sight...
I can continue to type and the text will continue to be printed but I am unable to view this while I am typing and the page continues to jump, giving me glimpses of what I am typing but does not stay on the line I am typing ...
I hope I have made the issue clear...it is hard to explain...
this started yesterday, the 3rd of March...
Thank you!! Kate...solarakate

ps....I do not have any cams open at the same time, just this site...

Hi Kate
We are hoping for a fix for that from the people who designed the software!!
What some have done - if you think you are going to do a sizeable post - start off with three or four returns - then go back to the top to type!
This means you always have a buffer of 3 lines ahead of you - and it seems to be a way around!! Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: solarakate () on Friday, March 05 2010 @ 01:01 PM EST  
Anonymous: solarakate

PEB...thanks for the help and the hint....I did notice that yesterday when I went back and added something to the top that the page did not jump...I will do that in the future until the problem has been fixed...I didn't know there were other folks with the same problem...

thanks again wave Kate!!

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:44 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate