Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Raptor Cams - Other than Eagles.
 Hellgate Canyon, Mt 2013
 |  Printable Version
By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Thursday, May 23 2013 @ 07:58 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

:hello: everyone,

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Stanley on the nest digging up Iris's eggs before I left on my holiday May 4th _ (could not post as was packing, watering plants, emptying fridge, etc. and NOT here, lol). I was overjoyed to see him back as Iris was not well cared for, imo, by her new fellow, as he rarely checked on her or relieved her on the nest and Stanley is such an awesome provider so a belated but heartfelt hip hip Very Happy from me.

Carolyn, you and I think alike as I was also wondering just how far south our wonder boy travels on his migratory route. If ever there was an osprey I would like to follow it would be him! I'm so glad he won back his nest and his lady.Cheers Glad to see it isn't raining there today, it is wet and wetter in Calgary as the system has moved north.

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Thursday, May 23 2013 @ 08:40 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Good Evening Hellgate friends.....

JD - I am so glad to see you back! Yes, we think alike. I figure if he always is later than the others, he must go farther and we do know that some do. He came in this year eager to see Iris
but when he found her with another he first dispatched away the other, and then the eggs. He is incredible and such a thoughtful provider. Every time he comes with a fish I imagine that it is bouquet of flowers due to how he presents it. He is always a gentleman even when wanting maybe another egg? Now I wonder if he will get exactly that. Stanley does have a way of getting what he wishes and in such a goofy manner (right Jean?).

So Jean, Darlene, Bev, whitsoxie, JudyB sometimes, a bunch of happily quietly viewing folks, and now our wonderful and missed JD....happy viewing of this adorable couple.
Sweet dreams all......
carolyn

Come, look at the little surprises and see the joy that be.
carolyn
Member since Sept. '09

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: mjb (online) on Thursday, May 23 2013 @ 10:10 PM EDT  
mjb

8:09pm..............Get out the Christmas decorations! We have the tree!

Click on image to download

waveWelcome back JD! Hope your trip was a good one.

Jean
Langley, BC

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: mjb (online) on Thursday, May 23 2013 @ 10:39 PM EDT  
mjb

8:39pm...............Awwww.................the Christmas tree is gone. It didn't look very healthy anyway. Iris has turned herself around in the nest.

Jean
Langley, BC

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Thursday, May 23 2013 @ 11:22 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Hi Jean,

Yes I had a very nice vacation, lots of good craic as the Irish are very hospitable with a great sense of humour and pride in their country. The weather was cooler than normal for this time of year, much like we are experiencing in Calgary the past two days. I guess I missed the lovely weather here, Sad , I hope that it warms up soon as I did catch a miserable cold and have the spring bird count to do this weekend.

9:18 pm Iris has had a quite uneventful day on the nest from what I have seen, which is what we like to see while she is brooding. Nice that the rain hasn't come here today either and Iris appears calm and happy in her nest tonight. You're right about that tree not looking very healthy, Jean.giggle

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: mjb (online) on Thursday, May 23 2013 @ 11:29 PM EDT  
mjb

9:28pm............Iris is sitting tall in the nest looking around at everything. The lights have come on and it will soon be dark. I'm surprised it is still light at this time of the evening!

Jean
Langley, BC

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: lovethebabies (offline) on Friday, May 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM EDT  
lovethebabies

Much nicer evening at the nest tonight. Iris seems more restful tonight. She was up once in the past hour to turn the eggs, otherwise very quiet and still tonight.

Darlene, Langley, BC
Member since October 2006

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: mjb (online) on Friday, May 24 2013 @ 06:55 PM EDT  
mjb

FRIDAY MAY 24, 2013

4:54pm.............Stanley is on the nest. First chance I've had to look today. There is a bit of a wind...........the nest is shaking a bit but it looks dry! Yeah Stanley!

Jean
Langley, BC

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:02 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate