Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > Festivals of Eagles, Birds and Nature
 FVBEF 2012 - Photos and reports
 |  Printable Version
By: Pat B (offline) on Sunday, November 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM EST (Read 12225 times)  
Pat B

A place to collect the photos taken at the Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival 2012.

We would love to see your Photos of the Festival and the Boat trip with David.

If you would like to tell us about your day - that would be most welcome too Smile

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: stim (offline) on Sunday, November 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM EST  
stim

Great to have this thread here Pat. Left thumb up So sorry you aren't at EagleFest! :cry1: We're home now, missed you! I will post some pictures soon, humans moreso than eagles. I haven't looked at all the 185 pics I took there yet but my lens is a little weak for the distance involved for our big birds. So many big birds! Wooh
Terry opened a FVBEF thread in Aug so you might want to delete it so we don't get pics on both! That's where I was going to be headed until I found this one.
See you later!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Sunday, November 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM EST  
terrytvgal

I've put a link from that post over to this one, stim-- with luck everyone will make their way here.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: gemini (offline) on Sunday, November 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM EST  
gemini

Hi Everyone!

Well, everything went well this weekend in spite of the rain and the power outage for an hour or so on Saturday. We had many people visit our table and I have a bit of a sore throat from talking so much! LOL We displayed the new Tower cam on a 53" screen and I must say it did give us an advantage when it came tp impressing the visitors!

We had eagles on the cam the majority of the time! Saturday afternoon we lost all power for about an hour and carried on with emergency lighting. Poor David was in the middle of his talk at another site and had to go on without his power point presentation. However, from what I hear everyone was still pleased with his talk.

We seemed to see fewer eagles on the cam today (I am convinced they aren't partial to the rain either!) but when we did they were wonderful! Some great closeups of an immature and another of a probably just 5 year old beautiful adult, and a look at a stunning shot of three beautiful eagles close up on a log stopped many passers by! Many people stopped to look at the cam and when they found out it was live they were thrilled and wanted to know who was doing the zooming! Of course I told them all about our "Zoomers" team and our goal of eventually having a zoomer on every nest!

We sold five of Christian's beautiful books which he signed and about a dozen or so calendars. We handed out all our brochures on Saturday and Darlene (lovethebabies) had to make an emergency run into town late that afternoon to get more printed up for the next day. Lisa helped pretty well most of the day on Saturday and part of Sunday as did Mary (David's other half!). Several other forum members also stopped by and offered help as well.

I took a couple of pictures of the eagles directly from the monitor and if they turned out I will post them and Karen will probably be on with a report on the activities that were taking place at other points of interest, as will some of our forum members who attended. All and all it was a successful weekend and thanks to all who stopped by and helped out and especially our "zoomers" who kept eagles on our screen pretty well all of the time. It was quite a draw!

cheers,
Sharon

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Monday, November 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM EST  
Darlene

Here is a video of my pics for the Eagle festival weekend. We were missing Karen, Mindy and Linda in the picture of HWF people and the cat is Denny and Al's (Host and Hostess' cat). Mao the cat is the sweetest natured cat I have ever met so had to get a pic. She only has 3 legs, had to have one hind leg removed after a coyote attack.

my eagle fest pics

Too bad the weather was so dark, a lot of my pictures were too dark.

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: garyandjudi (offline) on Monday, November 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM EST  
garyandjudi

Quote by: lovethebabies

Here is a video of my pics for the Eagle festival weekend. We were missing Mindy and Linda in the picture of HWF people and the cat is Denny and Al's (Host and Hostess' cat). Mow the cat is the sweetest natured cat I have ever met so had to get a pic. She only has 3 legs, had to have one hind leg removed after a coyote attack.

my eagle fest pics

Too bad the weather was so dark, a lot of my pictures were too dark.

Great video Left thumb upClapping

I love eagles Pa up and Lady Lafarge down on the AN Lafarge Avatar

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: Hauntedtiger (offline) on Monday, November 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM EST  
Hauntedtiger

Hello to All.. I found out at the last min yesterday that the festival was not on the 24th, so I flew out to Harrison Mills just in time to catch Davids presentation. I am sorry its not the best quality and it got cut short due to insufficient memory in my IPhone. However, I thought some of you might enjoy it all the same. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAMG82aBCN4

Hauntedtiger AKA PamelaD
Mission, B.C.
Content Provider - Mission Eagles Nests

Forum

Mission, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Monday, November 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM EST  
Debs

Afternoon Everyone wave

Darlene Thanks so much for the video Whistling Clapping ... looks like everyone had a great time despite the rain Very Happy

Pamela Nice to see you on your perch again and thanks so much for the video Left thumb up I was suppose to attend but had to cancel last minute so really really enjoyed David's lecture thanks so much for

taking the time to record it and for sharing it with us here Very Happy

Sharon Many thanks for the overview Left thumb up

Look forward to more sharing of the gathering(s) hug

From our home to yours wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and all the very best in 2017

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 10:24 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate