Forum Index > Hancock Live Web Cameras > White Rock #1 ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 White Rock Area 2013 ~ 2014 Ground Observers
 |  Printable Version
By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Saturday, September 29 2012 @ 01:02 PM EDT (Read 35724 times)  
AnniesKatz

Welcome to the White Rock Area Ground Observers Thread!

~ Seasons 2012/2013 & 2013/2014* ~

This thread is intended for reports and pictures/videos of the the White Rock area. We welcome posts relating to information which depicts the environment of the White Rock Eagle's nest and encourage members who visit White Rock and the surrounding area to post their comments and pictures here. Learning more about the area and the many eagles that live there will only add to our viewing experience of the White Rock Eagles and their nest.

It is always fun and interesting to take a look back so here are links to the two previous seasons. There are wonderful photos, videos and reports to enjoy.

SEASON 2011 ~ White Rock Ground Observers

*Begin SEASON 2014 Here

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Saturday, September 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Reserved

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Wednesday, October 10 2012 @ 08:38 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

:hello:Afternoon Everyone

We have an update on the Screen Capture Contest; there was a total of 119 scap entries, which have short listed to 41 entries and you are invited to help select the Top 9; 3 per nest.

As you will see there are many awesome screen captures. Please note that this is a View Only thread so if you have any questions please feel free to ask anyone of our Team Members and they will be glad to help you.

For more information and to see all the beautiful screen captures of our Delta, Lafarge & White Rock families .... click on the link below.

forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=421390&lastpost=true#422491

Thanks again to all of our members Wub that contributed to this very first Screen Capture Contest ... every capture rekindled some very fine memories of our HWF Bald Eagle Families Very Happy

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: eaglenut (offline) on Thursday, October 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM EDT  
eaglenut

Hello White Rock Nest Friends,
I went to the nest area on Monday October 15 2012, when I arrived there were two Adult eagles perched at the top of the camera tree and a third Adult perched on top of a tree to the south of the nest. I watched as the eagles trilled and flew off from the nest then two eagles returned to the nest , trilling again.
5:57 pm - Oct.15 2012 two adults perched in the camera tree, nest is in the tree to the right
Click on image to download
adult eagle lands in the lower branches of the nest tree, after the other two eagles fly off from the camera tree
6:04 pm -Adult eagle in the nest and an Adult above the nest looking down at the one in the nest

PLEASE make a Donation to HWF

Forum

White Rock

Profile Email   PM

By: stim (offline) on Thursday, October 18 2012 @ 04:10 PM EDT  
stim

Beautiful shots Tina! Clapping Lovely fall sky with silhouettes of the eagles. Your sighting of 3 adults does possibly tell a bit of a tale about what is going on here. Thank You

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: cococat9 (offline) on Thursday, October 18 2012 @ 05:14 PM EDT  
cococat9

Thanks Tina for taking the time to go to the nest. The photos are awesome in that shade of light.
I have been hungry for some ground reports with all the action going on in the nest.

Forum

Washington

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Thursday, October 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

:hello: Tina, Thank you so much for posting these fabulous photos and taking time to go see the eagles
for us. As you know, my favorite is the one where the adult is looking down at the other...all are wonderful.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Debs (offline) on Thursday, October 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM EDT  
Debs

Tina Beautiful pictures i love the evening light captured in your pictures its magical somehow Clapping

Thanks so much for all you do to keep us informed on the WR eagles Wub your dedication, time commitment and photo journal is really telling...you love these birds as much as we do Wub

Thanks so much for taking us along with you on your mini "birding" adventures we appreciate it so much hug

May you embrace all the "blessings and gifts" that surround you in your life ... let your spirit soar :-)

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 03:50 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate