Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Eagle Cams
 Lake Washington, WA - 2012-2015 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: MaryF (offline) on Friday, September 28 2012 @ 12:53 AM EDT (Read 37134 times)  
MaryF

2015 Link to the 10 second refresh cam---http://wdfw.wa.gov/wildwatch/eaglecam/video_lw2.html

April 7, 2014 Currently neither of the streaming cams are live yet. That could be because neither sponsor is aware that the nest was not occupied last year. So we will leave the links here for a while longer in case they do become live. However. the above refresh cam is functioning and we will continue to check on the streaming cams.

The beginning of coverage for the 2015 season is here -- forum/viewtopic.php?topic=710614#710614

WildWatchcams link to the cam---http://wdfw.wa.gov/wildwatch/

Critterzoom link to the cam---http://critterzoom.com/ ---- (new link)

The bald eagles in this nest chose not to have eaglets for the 2011-12 nesting season. It is always possible that they picked a new nest tree but based on the amount of time this pair spent in the nest nestorating, eating, and just spending time together I think it's more likely that they took a year off from raising eaglets. Hopefully they are feeling refreshed and strong and we will see a family here again for the 2012/13 season. Fingers crossed!!

History of this cam----

This nest is located in a 100 foot tall Douglas fir tree a new day/night camera installed in 2009 is providing streaming video. We extend our appreciation to the landowner’s invitation and cooperation to share the unique views and interactions of a dramatically situated bald eagle nest. Also many thanks to the Washington Dept of Fish and Wildlife for placing and maintaining the camera. Lake Washington is in the northwest corner of Washington state, not far from Seattle.

Click on image to download Sunset at this beautiful nest--s'cap by Debs

This cam was new in 2008, and there were two chicks that year, one of which fledged successfully and the other which died of unknown causes when it was 8-1/2 weeks old (the cam was refresh-only the first year, making it harder to see what was happening in the nest). They successfully raised and fledged two chicks in 2009, 2010 and in 2011. However, one of the chicks died just after fledging.

Click on image to download 2011-Mom and the eaglets--s'cap by JudyB

Update August 2012--from the Wash Dept of Fish and Wildlife

Eaglecam temporarily off-line - The Lake Washington eaglecam was damaged during recent severe storms and plans are underway to install an improved camera at the nest tree, for what we hope is a successful re- nesting in winter/spring of 2012-2013. Two adult eagles have been observed together in and around the nest tree indicating no young birds or breeding for this pair. The new camera system should be on-line during September 2012. Public contributions help make improvements to the WildWatchcams for public wildlife viewing and scientific observations.

Click on image to download Mom and Dad--2012--s'cap by Debs

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Friday, September 28 2012 @ 01:10 AM EDT  
MaryF

Click on image to download Mom and Charlotte--2012--s'cap by jannicemull

Click on image to download Still working on the nest in April, 2012--s'cap by MaryF

Based on previous experience, look for eggs in mid-March, chicks in late April, and fledging in mid July.

2012-2013 Season:

•adults return:

•egg(s) laid:

•hatched:

•fledged:

Click on image to download Bowl sitting in April, 2012--s'cap by MaryF

Link for the 2011 thread for this nest--forum/viewtopic.php?topic=112367#112367

Link for the 2012 thread for this nest--forum/viewtopic.php?topic=270311#270311

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Friday, September 28 2012 @ 01:11 AM EDT  
MaryF

RESERVED

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Friday, September 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM EDT  
MaryF

RESERVED

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: sydie (offline) on Friday, September 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM EDT  
sydie

Mary & all who watch this thread,wave

This is the only Eagle nest I watched until the spring of this year when Pa didn't find a new mate until too late to for eaglets. It is actually the first I have talked to other Eagle lovers about this nest, and I am thrilled to be able to share it. I will be taking scaps and downloading them here for everyone to enjoy. Because this nest was empty I was able to find the Delta 2 nest and fell in love with it and Hancock Wildlife. I have found a home there, but this Lake Washington nest will always have a special place in my heart.

Sydie

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: sydie (offline) on Monday, October 01 2012 @ 09:55 AM EDT  
sydie

October 1, 2012 6:40 am
GM All, I found an adult on the nest & thought I would share. I am not fond of the new camera placement this year. The old one was so much better in showing the tree and part of Lake Washington.

Click on image to download

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Monday, October 01 2012 @ 01:57 PM EDT  
Debs

Sydie wave Thanks for the capture wonderful to see an adult in the nest! I know what you mean ... this family is very special to me too.

MaryF Thanks for setting up this thread hopefully 2013 is a much better season for this pair.

The cam view is very different this season too ... like it Clapping

1055 am
Mt nest

Have a good day all hug

May you embrace all the "blessings and gifts" that surround you in your life ... let your spirit soar :-)

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Monday, October 01 2012 @ 04:52 PM EDT  
MaryF

:hello: Sydie and Debs!!

HMMM!! If that's what we are going to see--I don't care for that view either! Sad When I set the thread up the 10 sec refresh cam still had the old, normal view.

ETA---This is the view from the refreshing cam. It's different that the ones in your s'caps!! It looks like this cam is up above the nest. Puzzled

Do both views look a little out of focus?

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 05:20 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate