Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Sidney Nest. Archives
 Sidney Nest Discussion/S'caps/Videos 09/10
 |  Printable Version
By: Pat B (offline) on Monday, January 04 2010 @ 06:56 PM EST (Read 644880 times)  
Pat B

This thread is set up to provide a place for the family of posters on the Sidney Nest Cam Discussion thread to talk about things directly related to what's happening at the Sidney nests. We'd prefer that all chatting took place in the Garden Fence Chat Area.

This is intended to be a more relaxed thread than the previous Sidney Research thread - but the basic rules still apply. There is to be no obscenity (and because this thread is in the Sidney forum and we encourage children to visit the Sidney forum to learn about eagles, we would appreciate your not using even the mild expletives and descriptions of bodily functions - gosh and golly are permitted - please consider some mythical maiden aunt or uncle looking at the forum with their great niece or nephew before using anything stronger).

"Poop" is an allowed word when referring to something done by an eaglet. I know that some words which describe bodily functions are also used as casual slang in some areas - but because they are considered far more impolite in some regions than others, we may change them to family-friendly alternatives. No PM is required because notice is being given here.

There is to be no discussion of politics or religion. And there is to be absolutely no personal attacks or bullying. All opinions are welcome and everyone's point of view is to be respected.

This will be a self regulating forum - And we all need your help to keep the forum running smoothly. - if you see a post that has language that might upset a school board or that seems impolite or disrespectful to another person - please bring the post to our attention.

Thank you for your help - and let's watch the eagles and enjoy the wonder of these marvelous creatures for another year!

2009-2010 Season:

• adults return to area: 27th Sept 09
  • eggs laid: March 4, 6:35 pm; possibly Mar 7, 7:56 pm, based on sounds (seen clearly Mar 8, 7:01 am)
  • egg stolen: April 5, 6:28 pm, a raven took advantage of a brief absence by the adults to steal one of the eggs
  • hatched: April 11, piece of shell removed at 6:20 am and eaglet seen at 6:31 am (day 38 for first egg or day 35 for second, so might be either)
  • first feeding: April 11, 1:31 pm (7 hours after eaglet is first seen) - reported by jkr - link
  • first observed poop shot: 4/12/2010, 6:00 pm (about 36 hours after hatching) - reported by Birdsie - link and hotspot
  • first trip outside nestbowl: April 26, 1:36 pm (15 days old) - reported by MishkaT - link and hotspot (spotted by Birdsie); it was the male who lured the eaglet to the edge of the nest by eating there, and fed the eaglet when she arrived - one of the relatively rare times the male had fed the chick
  • fledged: June 30, before 8 pm (80 days)
  • first return to nest: July 1, 12:59 pm
  • last seen: July 20, 6:58 am - reported by PEB - link and hotspot
  • last heard: July 21, 6:41 am (from a distance) (14-1/2 weeks old, 3 weeks after fledging) - reported by amykepler - link

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Monday, January 04 2010 @ 06:56 PM EST  
Pat B

SUNDAY, JANUARY 17, 2010

To help you - here are some pictures of Mum and Dad!!
Standing up facing you!

Lying down in the Nest!

DAD
Click on image to download

Mum

Thanks to Lori for scapping clear pics for the last two! Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 09:34 AM EST  
jkr

6:33 a.m.
Old nest cam is working. New nest cam is still down.
Still dark.
Can hear the ceremonial drums at the First Nations village this morning.

7:41 a.m.
Eagle calls/trills heard in the distance.

8:00 a.m.
Foggy at the old nest

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: garyandjudi (offline) on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM EST  
garyandjudi

I've come to ask when the new nest cam will be up and running so that I can post about the Sidney eagles as they nestorate on the new nest and have not been to the old nest:question:
I presume it is because they want the fledlings to fly to the new nest for food to learn to fly, so they don't nestorate the old nest until after the eaglets have grown to fledglings.
I was getting used to seeing ma and pa Sidney around 4 PM every day or so when they come to be lovey dovey and build their nest for this seasons young.Chin

(garyand)judy
:

I love eagles Pa up and Lady Lafarge down on the AN Lafarge Avatar

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 04:45 PM EST  
deewerms

Quote by: jkr

6:33 a.m.
Old nest cam is working. New nest cam is still down.
Still dark.
Can hear the ceremonial drums at the First Nations village this morning.

7:41 a.m.
Eagle calls/trills heard in the distance.

8:00 a.m.
Foggy at the old nest

JKR, i was in the new nest earlier this afternoon, seemed ok. also, where is the reply link at the bottom of the posts. thanks ahead. Dee

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: soaringeagle55 () on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM EST  
Anonymous: soaringeagle55

:clap2: hey i made it here and found my way...hello everyone...sure missed everyone here and it feels good to be back... i've been missing ma and pa as the cam has been off unless it has been me....

I hope i'm in the right place anyway..lol....

By: Pat B (offline) on Sunday, January 17 2010 @ 06:48 PM EST  
Pat B

Quote by: soaringeagle55

:clap2: hey i made it here and found my way...hello everyone...sure missed everyone here and it feels good to be back... i've been missing ma and pa as the cam has been off unless it has been me....

I hope i'm in the right place anyway..lol....

Well done - It's good to see you here Clapping
If you look further up the index - you will see a section called "Welcome" Grin
And to help you get around - follow the link in my signature line!

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Monday, January 18 2010 @ 12:28 PM EST  
deewerms

hi, thank you Pat for the reminder of the help section. good to be here, the both cams are out for me, 930am nest time, mon. 1/18

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 01:22 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate