Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > Hancock's Comments From The Field
 So many things!! An update.
 |  Printable Version
By: davidh (offline) on Wednesday, August 08 2012 @ 05:46 PM EDT (Read 671 times)  
davidh

Hi All:

So many things have been happening by, in reality, so few incredible workers. And you all deserve an update.

First, so many thanks for conducting the year's events so effectively and constantly undertaking the fundraising campaigns to keep it all going. I do not wish to state names because so many of you have helped and you all know who has played such a key role in keeping the web and cams running. Judyb has again tied the entire project together with help from her mods. We all thank you. The recent fundraising drive, coordinated by Karen, came to a finale yesterday as 10 of the keeners came here to see my birds, have a chat and we all got to meet Diana/gogee who was visiting from Ontario. We drew the 4 names of the contest winners -- Judyb or Karen will post the results. Special thanks go to the three unnamed contributors for matching fund donations -- so so generous.

I also wish to thank both Lafarge and Russ & Ellen of White Rock for largely funding their respective sites. We have also had another major donor, Mike and Diana Seear, jump in and initiate funding on a new web site. Thank you all immensely.

Again, I thank not just the key mods and helpers but all of you for caring about our eagles. Without your support we would have no cams. During the past two months we have been organizing all the cams and within a month we should have two HD cams, including a PTZ, at 4 nests: White Rock, Delta2, Lafarge and Mission. One top of this the underwater cam will go into the Chehalis River and the two big HD PTZ's will go out on the Harrison--Chehalis Tower. This should be a very exciting year for viewing and observing our eagles. We would love to have a cam or two in the southern States so we also had a pair of early nesting eagles to match the school year. Any sponsors?

Technically we have lived through the season without our key player, Richard, and the success is largely to do with how Richard prepared so many of you to carry on with the Forum and working the cams. At the same time, many of you simply jumped in and made it work. Needless to say Ken and son Mike have picked up the pieces as Richard directed, but not without working up a lot of dark alleys upon which Richard had not shined a communal light! Thanks, Ken and Mike. We also have had George (Jorge) come aboard and he has prepared the new cams for Harrison -- which has been moved to Mission. Keta, with some overview from George, is back to help with improving the website.

The first pairs of the local eagles have already departed for the northern rivers so starting next week we will be initiating the cam updates.

I wish you all a fine summer. With the calendar now off to the printers and Christian just pulling together a new book on the eagles we hope to keep up your year round interests. The 2013 spectacular calendar and his wondrous eagle image book can be purchased at our site. Getting 20 copies for friends saves a lot of time Christmas shopping!

Thanks for your eagle support.

David Hancock

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile   Website  

All times are EST. The time is now 04:50 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate