Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Welcome - and Helpful Hints!
 Some Helpful Hints
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, July 22 2011 @ 05:58 AM EDT  
JudyB

Something to Try If You Get a Black Screen

The following was originally posted by Skipper, and is copied here with our thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did a little research on issues with a black screen in Flash and I found this that has worked for some people:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... elp01.html

Basically you turn off "video acceleration" by

1. Open up the WildEarth Flash player with the black screen and right-click on top of the player

A box opens up.

2. Click on "Settings"

Another box open up.

3. Click on the icon on the bottom right of the box that looks like a flat-screen monitor

You will see the words "enable hardware acceleration". If there is a checkmark in the box to the left, click inside the box to "uncheck" it.

4. Click on "Close"

Grin

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Friday, August 05 2011 @ 05:55 PM EDT  
Pat B

How to Change your picture to a .jpeg

I am going to show you how I changed a small banner that I saved as a .png - to a preferred .jpg

First open the software that you use for pictures, scaps, photos.
I use "Photofiltre" - but most PCs will have 'Paint' installed.

Go to 'File' - and select OPEN - you can browse your pics and select the one you want - then go to the bottom right hand corner and click on 'Open'

Once it is open you can tidy it up - do what you need to - or nothing - then go to 'FILE' and select
'Save As'

The 'Save As' screen

As you can see - it is telling you that this pic is a .png

Use the drop down menu

Click on the down arrow to reveal the other saving options - in this case we want .jpg
Change the file name if you want to.
Then click on Save - and it is all done.

You will still have the original version saved - up to you if you keep it or delete Wink

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, December 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM EST  
JudyB

How to Find Member Activity
(When they were last online, recent posts, etc.)

If you're looking for a recent post by a particular person, or want to know if they've been online recently, here's how to do that.

First, click the Site Members tab at the top of every forum page. Put the member's name (or the first few letters of it) in the search box and click Submit - you should get a screen like this (some pics click bigger):

Click on image to download

If you click the member's name and put your cursor on the avatar, you'll see when he or she last logged in - unless they've chosen to hide their online status, in which case you'll only see when they initially joined the current website/forum.

If you go back to the Site Member screen and click the "Last Post" button for the person, you should see their last posts, and if you put your cursor on the date/time line, you can read the beginning of the post - the same as with the general "Show Latest Posts" tab:

In a perfect world, you would be able to click on date/time to go to the post, but that doesn't quite work yet. It will work if the post is on the last page of the thread, but otherwise you'll be taken to the first page of the thread. If that happens, you can go to the post by editing the URL - the last part will be something like showtopic=291934&lastpost=true#291934 - and if you take out the parts in red to change it to topic=291934#291934 - you'll get to the post you want. (Note that you need all the rest of the URL - you only change the part after the last /)

If you have questions, please let me know!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: gemini (offline) on Tuesday, June 16 2015 @ 05:07 PM EDT  
gemini

To View Videos That Have Been Uploaded to the Hancock Wildlife Foundation YouTube Channel:

Click the following link or copy and paste it into your browser:

https://www.youtube.com/user/HancockWildlifeFndn/videos

You DO NOT Need To Sign Into or Have a YouTube Account to Simply View Our Videos

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini (offline) on Tuesday, June 16 2015 @ 05:21 PM EDT  
gemini

To Upload Videos To The Hancock WildlifeFoundation YouTube Channel:

1.To request instructions on how to upload your video and the password for access to the Hancock Wildlife Foundation YouTube channel

OR

2. To ask for one of our volunteers to help you or/to upload the video for you

Send a "PM" to Darlene (Darlene) and gemini (Sharon)

Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:43 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate