Forum Index > Formerly Live Cams Now Offline > Sidney BC - Bald Eagle Nests
 Sidney Nest Discussion/scaps/videos 2010/11
 |  Printable Version
By: Pat B (offline) on Wednesday, March 31 2010 @ 05:55 PM EDT (Read 1395801 times)  
Pat B

This thread is set up to provide a place for the family of posters on the Sidney Nest Cam Discussion thread to talk about things directly related to what's happening at the Sidney nests. We'd prefer that all chatting took place in the Garden Fence Chat Area.

This is intended to be a more relaxed thread than the previous Sidney Research thread - but the basic rules still apply. There is to be no obscenity (and because this thread is in the Sidney forum and we encourage children to visit the Sidney forum to learn about eagles, we would appreciate your not using even the mild expletives and descriptions of bodily functions - gosh and golly are permitted - please consider some mythical maiden aunt or uncle looking at the forum with their great niece or nephew before using anything stronger).

"Poop" is an allowed word when referring to something done by an eaglet. I know that some words which describe bodily functions are also used as casual slang in some areas - but because they are considered far more impolite in some regions than others, we may change them to family-friendly alternatives. No PM is required because notice is being given here.

There is to be no discussion of politics or religion. And there is to be absolutely no personal attacks or bullying. All opinions are welcome and everyone's point of view is to be respected.

This will be a self regulating forum - And we all need your help to keep the forum running smoothly. - if you see a post that has language that might upset a school board or that seems impolite or disrespectful to another person - please bring the post to our attention.

Thank you for your help - and let's watch the eagles and enjoy the wonder of these marvelous creatures for another year!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Highlight Events of the 2010/2011 Season

Sidney Eagles seen again..............................23rd Sept 2010

First Egg Laid ................................................ 7th March 2011 ---- Hatched April 14th three days later than expected

Second Egg Laid...........................................10th March 2011 --- Hatched April 16th two days later than expected

Third Egg Laid .............................................. 14th March 2011 --- Hatched April 19th one day later than expected

Named by local school classes ...................... 10th May 2011 -- Flyer, Snuggles and Burrows

Fledges:

1st fledging - Sometime before 8:35 am July 9 - as determined by Anna-Holland - July 9, 3:30 pm post
forum/viewtopic.php?topic=238078#238078
(During the evening of July 8, one eaglet "danced/flapped/hopped across the nest and went of backward at the 4:00 area. He returned to the nest on his own July 10th before noon. Several observers thought that it was Burrows, the youngest, who may have fledged first, though a couple of observers thought it was Flyer.)

2nd fledging - 11:02 am - as recorded by Anna Holland - July 12, 11:05 am post
forum/viewtopic.php?topic=240148#240148

3rd fledging - 11:16 am - as recorded by Anna Holland -July 14 , 12:53 pm post-
forum/viewtopic.php?topic=241721#241721

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: woof947 () on Thursday, September 23 2010 @ 08:41 PM EDT  
Anonymous: woof947

Click on image to download
ma or pa? is back! 7:40 pm

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Thursday, September 23 2010 @ 08:50 PM EDT  
yalitldevl

wooooooooohooooooooooooo woof I just looked and darn near had a heart attack!!!

Houston...The Eagle Has Landed!!! We have touchdown

Click on image to download

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Grubby (offline) on Thursday, September 23 2010 @ 09:09 PM EDT  
Grubby

Hello!

Just my 2 cents worth... could this be Pa? Didn't Pa have a small white patch between his 2 wings towards his tail feathers?

Good to see at least one back for now!

"Leave yesterday behind...Let HOPE guide you to a sunny tomorrow"
Diane~~~~Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Thursday, September 23 2010 @ 09:11 PM EDT  
yalitldevl

Hi Diane, Pa's white patch is more on his wing that spot your seeing is the tail between the two folded wings. I don't know that we'll even be able to tell on this cam.

Oh plllllease get the close up cam going!!

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: willpatt () on Thursday, September 23 2010 @ 09:17 PM EDT  
Anonymous: willpatt

Nice to see one of the eagles back! We should be able to tell by the legs when we get the correct view.

By: elle (offline) on Thursday, September 23 2010 @ 09:31 PM EDT  
elle

OMG that is absolutely wonderful news. Thank you yalitldevl for the" heads up" telephone call just now. Sitting eagle One down, one to go and talons very tightly crossed. ( I am thinking Ma is the first back this year but maybe Pa gained some weight over the last month or so :drySmile Nevertheless, the missing spouse is on his or her way.
I am just so thrilled and happy.loveRed HeartWub
You made my day. Nodding yes
I'll be out there this weekend for sure; you can count on it. !

We can survive without religions but we cannot survive without kindness and compassion.
The Dalai Lama

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Thursday, September 23 2010 @ 09:51 PM EDT  
yalitldevl

You're welcome Elle Wub I don't see them without thinking of you and Ian! I hope you get to see them on the weekend woooohooooo

Boy Will aint that the truth but now we need it working. Please get the berries chopped out of the way, we're begging Click on image to download

I sent an email off to David and Karen mentioning in it how badly we need the cam now and included Woof's and my pics

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 10:14 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate